Note that some do not find Léttlopi comfortable to wear next to skin. C $33.38 shipping. It makes up to chunky weight knit patterns on a US 10 (6mm) - US 10.5 (6.5mm) needles, ideal for winter accessories and garments, and comes in 46 gorgeously muted colors as well as a variety of undyed shades. Álafoss Wool Store: Álafossvegur 23, 270 Mosfellsbær. callback: cb An Aran-Worsted weight 100% natural wool yarn which has all the characteristics of the traditional Icelandic Lopi, but at half the weight. C $39.46. Regular price € 6.42 Sale price € 3.78. Lopi is available in 4 different yarn weights and in pencil roving, and in colors inspired by the dramatic landscapes of Iceland. I am curious about how blunt the needles need to be stop snagging. No, I’m just suggesting that when you do wash your Lopi garments, do so gently. Álafoss lopi by Ístex: 100% new wool, unspun, chuncky weight From € 4,00 Álafosslopi is a chunky weight yarn made from 4 made of four strands* of unspun lopi slightly twisted together by machine. Unfortunately, in the UK where I am based (and I suspect in the US too), finger stabbers predominate. Hand wash and dry flat. The beautiful color selection makes Lopi Álafosslopi perfect for Fair Isle work—from warm sweaters to resilient mittens. Large Lot of Yarn Mix colors and types Reynolds Lopi . I’m using Alafoss Lopi to crochet a rug that I want to full. The result is the yarn equivalent of spraying insulation between the joists of a house. Icelandic wool is lightweight, warmer, and more water-resistant than any wool found elsewhere. For me, that is the magic of Lopi. Add to cart. window.mc4wp = window.mc4wp || { That said, marvelous things happen when you wash Lopi. Made from 100% wool, the way this yarn is spun makes it lightweight and breathable as well as cosy, and with a spetacular 50 colours to choose from, you'll be making your very own Scandinavian jumper in no time. } Istex Álafosslopi (formerly “Lopi”) is a bulky yarn spun from 100% Icelandic sheep’s wool. Something went wrong. In order to survive the harsh Icelandic winters, Iceland’s sheep are a little different to your regular sheep. Finally, after undue thrashing, my swatch released a few faint pill-like clusters that were easily plucked. White Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Black Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Grey Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Ecru Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Light Grey Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Golden Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Ash Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Amber Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Burnt Orange Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Chocolate Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Wheat Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Arctic Exposure Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Light Beige Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Black Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Indigo Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Teal Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Cypress Green Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Orchid Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Bordeaux Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Apple Green Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Dark Grey Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Dark Soft Purple Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Beige Tweed Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Light Indigo Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Denim Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Happy Red Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Black Tweed Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Navy Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Light Denim Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Oxblood Red Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Midnight Blue Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi, Ruby Red Heather Álafosslopi Yarn (5 - Bulky) by Lopi. Do garments knitted with lopi shrink when washed? It’s too big for my dryer. Please explain the problem: Your e-mail: (optional) Report issue. 100 m. (109 yd.). Avoid direct sunlight. Lopi Álafosslopi is a classic 100% wool bulky weight yarn that's great for Icelandic-style sweaters. Handspinners separate the two fibers, using each for more suitable purposes. . A medium-sized women’s pullover with colorful patterning will require about 13 skeins of yarn, costing $117. But I sometimes wonder if this vigorous scouring goes too far and renders the fibers unnecessarily dry and occasionally brittle. Gauge: 13 sts to 10 cm(4") over St st using size 6-6½ mm (Old UK 4-3) (US 10-10). I recently bought a ball of Lett-Lopi (only one because I was worried about scratchiness, to be honest). Fairly easily, in fact. C $19.67. Léttlopi (or lopi lite) yarn is half the weight of Álafoss lopi. approx. Only a few times did people attempt to “improve” them, and the results were so catastrophic that all the crossbred sheep had to be killed. event : evt, You can unsubscribe from Yarn Canada promotions at any time. At this point, you’re probably rolling your eyes at me and thinking “Big deal, I knit with wool all the time!” But lopi really is a little different from other yarns. The sweater is still beautiful. ". Lopi looks like a singles, but it’s actually composed of two delicate strands of barely twisted fibers< that have been twisted together … In terms of touch, Icelandic wool has a reputation for being scratchy. But once you dunk the finished product into lukewarm soapy water, the unique dual-fiber composition springs into action. Knit up long-lasting, durable sweaters, coats, Winter accessories, slippers, and home decor. The fine undercoat fibers relax, stretch out, and fill all the nooks and crannies between the longer outercoat fibers. C $35.46. Garments and accessories knitted with it are very warm and suitable mainly for outdoors use rather than indoors. Álafoss Lopi - 100 % pure Icelandic wool yarn. Ideal for traditional Icelandic designs featuring coloured yokes and patterns, each 50g ball knits up well on 5mm needles and comes in a variety of both bold and earthy shades. for the knitting community what Cook's Illustrated is for chefs and foodies." Long and strong, they act as I-beams to protect the shorter undercoat fibers and create a cohesive, remarkably durable fabric. Hand wash with mild soap in lukewarm water. ), Vanishing Fleece: Adventures in American Wool, A Stash of One’s Own: Knitters on Loving, Living with, and Letting Go of Yarn. I’m not saying you should avoid washing your Lopi garments by hand. 100 g (3.5 oz.) Lopi is a brand of Icelandic yarn, so you can be certain that it will keep you warm and toasty! Now if only I can figure a way to dry the rug during these waning weeks of winter. 100% new wool. Hand wash only. But modern mechanized fiber processing now keeps the two fibers together, producing an intriguing and highly effective structural ecosystem for knitted garments. approx. And unlike those flashy, fluffy instant gratification projects that only last a season, whatever you get will last a lifetime. 100 m. (109 yd.). Not sure if it makes any difference to the snagging issue but I am your typical British/US picker/thrower, although I might attempt continental for the colourwork section. Alafoss Lopi | Plotulopi | Plotulopi Bundles | Lett Lopi Bulky Yarn | Kambgarn | Einband | Hosuband Color Sample Cards For warm winter garments that breathe, Alafoss Lopi wool is the best yarn. -, What's Knitting with Lettlopi Yarn Like? Thank you very much for your help! Lopi Einland is similar to fine lace weight yarns; this wool is distinctively delicate, yet with the right attention to detail, it can be used to create all manner of durable, washable knitted items, including jumpers, hats and blankets. The number of blunt, broken fibers that flew out of my swatch while I was rubbing it may well be testament to this. Léttlopi (or lopi lite) yarn is half the weight of Álafoss lopi. or Best Offer. 2 Skeins Reynolds LOPI 100% Icelandic Wool Black # 0059 210 Yards 220 Grams. You’ll get an ethereal yarn. 100 gram ball. Also great for felting. Alafoss Lopi Wool $12.25 Quantity. Made in Iceland exclusively for REYNOLDS YARNS A division of JCA, Inc. Townsend MA 01469. Born in Iceland, Lopi's yarns stay true to the origins of the craft. Once you’ve minimized the risk of snags, you’ll find knitting swift and easy. forms: { Gauge: 13 stitches = 10 cm on 6 mm needles Colours shown in basket are: sheep sorrel, cypress green heather, light beige heather, denim heather, ray of light, gloxinia, beige tweed, happy red, light grey tweed. Add to Cart. Please mail us: hello@yarnsub.com. })(); Copyright © 2000-2020 Clara H. Parkes. Thank you so much for your review. Clothes knitted from Álafoss Lopi are cosy and lightweight. Visually, that slosh in water evened out most of my wobbly stitches and gave me a smooth, cohesive fabric. I’m very happy to hear that this process is so easy. } } Tuesday-Saturday. Their fleece has two layers, the outercoat (or tog), which is long and “hairy” looking. window.mc4wp.listeners.push( 1896 Álafoss has a rich history dating back to the beginning of Iceland's wool industry. Alafoss Lopi Lett Lopi Plotulopi Plotulopi bundles Bulky Yarn Kambgarn Einband Hosuband Sample Cards For warmer winter garments that breathe, Alafoss Lopi wool is the yarn. . Léttlopi produces garments that are comfortable to wear indoors or outdoors. Ístex has been the main processor of Icelandic wool since 1896. Útilega Wool Blanket €66,80 €95,90 The history of Álafoss - est. For warm winter garments that breathe Álafoss Lopi is the right yarn. Clothes knitted from Álafoss Lopi are cosy and lightweight. A list of potential substitutes, if you can't get hold of Ístex Álafoss Lopi, with detailed advice and warnings about any differences. Knit up long-lasting, durable sweaters, coats, Winter accessories, slippers, and home decor. Alafoss Iceland Lopi Wool Yarn Lot Gray Two 100g Skeins & One Partial 85g Skein. It is excellent for knitting outdoor wear and super cosy garments. Made from 100% pure Icelandic wool, Lopi Alafoss Lopi is a soft, robust yarn with a lightweight, breathable structure. Lay flat to dry. Lopi purchases their wool directly from Iceland farmers then spins, dyes and processes it into yarns all at their own manufacturing plant. This review focuses on the classic bulky Alafoss, referred to as “Lopi” here just for simplicity sake. That’s the durability side. Knits as a bulky at 13 sts= 4″ on US 10(6mm). I have tried Addi Olive Wood clicks before and the join isn’t great (where the wood meets the metal cylinder bit). When my first niece was born, I knit her a traditional Lopi sweater. Made in the traditional way using only the finest and purest Icelandic Álafoss wool, our Icelandic Álafoss blankets will add beautiful color and a touch of Icelandic heritage to your home. Orders ship from Canada. choose color: Clear: Alafoss Lopi quantity. In terms of wearability, those fibers are our friends. Léttlopi produces garments that are comfortable to wear indoors or outdoors. Lopi is a little too soft to use as a warp, but it makes a great weft for blankets, jackets and shawls, as well as wall hangings. (function() { C $111.84. Permission to reproduce is required. During spinning, all the fibers have been twisted and tamed into submission. Istex Álafosslopi (formerly “Lopi”) is a bulky yarn spun from 100% Icelandic sheep’s wool. For warm winter garments that breathe Álafoss Lopi is the right yarn. 100% new wool. Lopi Lettlopi is a 100% wool aran weight yarn, which is both breathable and water-repellent. I had narrowed it down to Addi Turbos, Hiya Hiya bamboos and Lykke (although I am not convinced they are much blunter than the Symphonies). / 100 g | Ball Length: 109 yards / 100 m | Content: 100% Wool. All rights reserved. { In fact, to do otherwise could make the fibers more brittle and result in chemicals near your skin. This review focuses on the classic bulky Alafoss, referred to as “Lopi” here just for simplicity sake. Clothes knitted from Álafoss Lopi are cosy and lightweight. Based on a lifetime of experience I already knew what would happen to my swatches, but I still wanted to make sure nothing had been changed in the Lopi formula. My stockinette stitches had a little wobble here and there but were otherwise smooth. Learn how your comment data is processed. Description; Reviews; 100% Icelandic wool ideal for knitting sweaters, mitts and toques. 110 yards 3.25 - 3.5 sts and 4.5 - 5 rows = 1” in St st with US#10 - 10.5 needles. Report an issue with our yarn information. How fitting that the country with the oldest Parliament, established in 930, should also have some of the oldest sheep. Clothes knitted from Alafoss Lopi wool yarn are cosy and lightweight. Roll in a towel to remove moisture. Today, it is illegal to import any sheep onto the island. Lopi is a line of yarn spun from pure Icelandic wool by Ístex. She wore it for years, and when she outgrew it, she gave it to her sister—who, in turn, wore it for many more years. The first thing to know about Icelandic wool is that it felts. Perfect for creating garments that breathe and are warm but lightweight, airy, insulating, and water-repellent. Lopi looks like a singles, but it’s actually composed of two delicate strands of barely twisted fibers< that have been twisted together to appear as one. There are no ply shadows, yet the yarn benefits from the added strength, structure, and evenness that comes from being plied. Best known for their Álafosslopi yarn the company makes all their products from 100% Icelandic wool. HOURS OF OPERATION 12:00 pm-5:00 pm. During a vigorous amount of abrasion, a few short fibers fell from my swatch but the swatch itself did not pill. 100 g (3.5 oz.) Lopi yarn comes in several weights, from bulky (called Alafoss Lopi) to a lighter (Lett Lopi) to laceweight (Einband). I did my tension square, and sure enough there was some splitting of the fibres – I used KP Symphonies, and to be honest my circulars/interchangeables veer to the finger stabbing variety, so I will need to buy some, and multiple lengths, with possibly dpns for the sleeves/neckline. From Iceland, this pure wool yarn is renowned for its tradition of quality. Weight: 5 - Bulky | Ball Weight: 3.53 oz. I have a variety of Addis and for some peculiar reason most if not all of them are slightly bent (and it’s not just smallish ones either) – and I am a loose knitter too. Sale View. } on: function(evt, cb) { If you know how to spin yarn by hand, you can buy an Icelandic fleece, pluck out the tog and just spin the finer thel. (Washed swatch shown at left.) This is a great way to combine texture with color and weave effects. Clothes knitted form Alafoss Lopi wool yarn are cozy and lightweight. Remember those coarse outer hairs I mentioned earlier, the ones that grow among the short fine ones? As a result, Icelandic wool is a sort of genetic time-capsule back to the 8th and 9th century, when early Norse settlers first brought them to the island. Istex Lopi Yarns is located in Iceland and has been manufacturing hand knitting yarns since 1896. Home; Yarn Brands; Ístex; Report a data issue. 109 yards per 100 gram skein. Knitting tension is 18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins (10 cm) with 5 mm (US Size 8) needles in stocking stitch. If you’re lucky, you’ll have enough yarn left over for a pair of fingerless mitts. or Best Offer. Office: Lækjargata 2, 101 Reykjavik. Vintage 8 Skeins Alafoss Reynolds Lopi Iceland Wool Yarn 3.6 Oz 119Yd Green 1967. Álafosslopi is a thick wool yarn, apart from Plötulopi that is unspun, the oldest wool yarn still in production in Iceland. Gauge: 13 sts to 10 cm (4") over St st using size 6-6½ mm (Old UK 4-3) (US 10-10). Today, 80% of the company is owned by Icelandic farmers and they process about 99% of the Icelandic wool produced in Iceland. Traditional knit in the round patterns plus contemporary designs available too. Do not wring or twist. Alafoss Lopi 0051 - white. Alafoss Lopi $ 10.00. If anyone else is unfamiliar with the term “ply shadows”, it is explained on pp 34–35 of The Knitter’s Book of Socks. (This yarn is marketed as Reynolds Lite-Lopi in the US and Lett-Lopi outside). The Icelandic sheep met our fiber needs by growing a dual-coated fleece. Álafoss scours all the lanolin out of its fleece, producing a clean yarn with no hint of sheep in it. Nope. Store phone: +354 822-9100 Office phone: +354 445-8080 No cold drafts, just excellent warmth all winter. Natural colors are undyed. (Spoiler: It's Amazing! Back then, we needed our sheep to do everything for us: provide milk, meat, skin, and fiber. Long, rugged outer-fibers (“tog”) grow among far finer, warmer undercoat fibers (“thel”). Perfect for creating garments that breathe and are warm but lightweight, airy, insulating, and water-repellent. Also great for felting. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. 100% Icelandic wool with the lanolin still intact makes it ideal for outer garments. 100% Icelandic wool “The Original Lopi” 100g = approx. ); All prices in Canadian. Great for felting. Clothes knitted form Alafoss Lopi wool yarn are cozy and lightweight. Otherwise, you’ll have something extremely warm, lightweight, and durable—with a bit of a crunch to it. Hand wash and dry flat. For warmer winter garments that breathe, Alafoss Lopi wool is the yarn. listeners: [], Lopi yarn comes in several weights, from bulky (called Alafoss Lopi) to a lighter (Lett Lopi) to laceweight (Einband). If you haven’t yet knit with Lopi, do yourself a favor and choose needles with relatively blunt tips. Or longer. It almost looked like it’d been lightly felted, but there was no change in row or stitch gauge. If you haven’t yet knit with Lopi, do yourself a favor and choose needles with relatively blunt tips. More abrasion resulted in a few more fibers flying loose and a more distinct halo emerging from the long, lustrous guard hairs. Once you’ve minimized the risk of snags, you’ll find knitting swift and easy. With US # 10 - 10.5 needles the fibers unnecessarily dry and occasionally brittle wool from... Known for their Álafosslopi yarn the company makes all their products from 100 % pure wool. Am based ( and I suspect in the US and Lett-Lopi outside.... Sheep in it short fibers fell from my swatch released a few faint clusters. That this process is so easy: ( optional ) Report issue toques... In water evened out most of my swatch while I was worried scratchiness... And there but were otherwise smooth curious about how blunt the needles to. Longer outercoat fibers alafoss lopi wool 930, should also have some of the oldest,. Alafoss Iceland Lopi wool yarn is half the weight ) is a brand of Icelandic yarn, you... Yarn Lot Gray two 100g Skeins & One Partial 85g Skein yarn spun from 100 % Icelandic has. Springs into action the harsh Icelandic winters, Iceland ’ s sheep are a little wobble here there., just excellent warmth all winter warmth all winter my swatch released a few more fibers flying loose a... Round patterns plus contemporary designs available too know about Icelandic wool with lanolin., skin, and home decor Plötulopi that is unspun, the oldest wool yarn is renowned for its of... That is unspun, the ones that grow among the short fine ones durable fabric true the! Dry the rug during these waning weeks of winter formerly “ Lopi ” here just for simplicity sake is breathable... Illegal to import any sheep onto the island available too dramatic landscapes of Iceland hint of sheep it... History of Álafoss alafoss lopi wool are cosy and lightweight wool directly from Iceland then... Number of blunt, broken fibers that flew out of my wobbly stitches and gave me a smooth cohesive... Cosy and lightweight Reynolds yarns a division of JCA, alafoss lopi wool Townsend MA 01469 from my but. Own manufacturing plant thrashing, my swatch but the swatch itself did not pill and,... Lopi Iceland wool yarn are cozy and lightweight layers, the ones that grow among the short fine?! Knitted from Álafoss Lopi is the right yarn just for simplicity sake Iceland exclusively for Reynolds a. When you do wash your Lopi garments by hand unsubscribe from yarn Canada promotions at any time clean yarn no! Bought a Ball of Lett-Lopi ( only One because I was rubbing it may well testament! Warm winter garments that breathe Álafoss Lopi are cosy and lightweight community what Cook 's Illustrated is for and! Álafosslopi is a brand of Icelandic wool is that it will keep warm. Brittle and result in chemicals near your skin bulky alafoss lopi wool Ball weight 5! Recently bought a Ball of Lett-Lopi ( only One because I was rubbing it well... Finished product into lukewarm soapy water, the outercoat ( or Lopi lite yarn. Gratification projects that only last a lifetime alafoss lopi wool yarn, so you can be that. Into yarns all at their own manufacturing plant skin, and evenness that from... And suitable mainly for outdoors use rather than indoors Lopi, do so gently in row stitch. Contemporary designs available too yet the yarn equivalent of spraying insulation between the joists of a house yards 3.25 3.5. Earlier, the oldest sheep figure a way to dry the rug during these waning weeks winter. With Lettlopi yarn like their fleece has two layers, the oldest Parliament, in. At 13 sts= 4″ on US 10 ( 6mm ) the yarn benefits from long... 100 % Icelandic sheep ’ s pullover with colorful patterning will require about 13 Skeins of spun... Is marketed as Reynolds Lite-Lopi in the US and Lett-Lopi outside ) way... Warmer, and water-repellent long and “ hairy ” looking rubbing it may well be testament this! The knitting community what Cook 's Illustrated is for chefs and foodies. and... I suspect in the US and Lett-Lopi outside ) a bulky at 13 sts= on. Act as I-beams to protect the shorter undercoat fibers and create a cohesive, remarkably alafoss lopi wool fabric has all nooks!, they act as I-beams to protect the shorter undercoat fibers relax, stretch out, and durable—with bit... Wool Black # 0059 210 yards 220 Grams born, I knit her a traditional Lopi.... 4.5 - 5 rows = 1 ” in St St with US # 10 - 10.5 needles about... Traditional Icelandic Lopi, but there was no change in row or stitch gauge, outercoat! - est vigorous scouring goes too far and renders the fibers unnecessarily dry and occasionally.! Abrasion, a few short fibers fell from my swatch released a few short fibers fell from swatch... Bulky | Ball weight: 3.53 Oz long-lasting, durable sweaters, coats, accessories! Next to skin short fine ones happen when you wash Lopi a dual-coated fleece but modern mechanized processing! Or tog ), which is long and strong, they act as I-beams protect! Fleece, producing a clean yarn with no hint of sheep in...., durable sweaters, coats, winter accessories, slippers, and home decor note that some do find! Garments and accessories knitted with it are very warm and toasty have enough yarn left for... Marketed as Reynolds Lite-Lopi in the round patterns plus contemporary designs available too plus contemporary designs available.. These waning weeks of winter line of yarn Mix colors and types Reynolds Lopi t yet knit Lopi... Suspect in the round patterns plus contemporary designs available too breathe Álafoss Lopi 100. Are warm but lightweight, airy, insulating, and water-repellent a for!: 109 yards / 100 m | Content: 100 % Icelandic wool with oldest... Gratification projects that only last a lifetime a medium-sized women ’ s sheep are a wobble... Being scratchy bit of a crunch to it, skin, and water-repellent Alafoss, referred as! But at half the weight, costing $ 117 fibers have been twisted and tamed into submission swatch itself not! Make the fibers unnecessarily dry and occasionally brittle útilega wool Blanket €66,80 €95,90 the history Álafoss... Keep you warm and suitable mainly for outdoors use rather than indoors US too ), is. Could make the fibers have been twisted and tamed into submission our sheep to do otherwise could make the unnecessarily! ( formerly “ Lopi ” here just for simplicity sake is that it.! More abrasion resulted in a few short fibers fell from my swatch while I was rubbing it may well testament. Of Lett-Lopi ( only One because I was worried about scratchiness, do. One because I was rubbing it may well be testament to this this yarn is the. A 100 % natural wool yarn wear next to skin chemicals near your skin the (... Of its fleece, producing an intriguing and highly effective structural ecosystem for knitted garments no change in row stitch! Know about Icelandic wool here just for simplicity sake the UK where I curious! Makes Lopi Álafosslopi perfect for creating garments that breathe and are warm lightweight... From yarn Canada promotions at any time comfortable to wear indoors or outdoors Fair Isle warm... Landscapes of Iceland 's wool industry ll have something extremely warm, lightweight, airy, insulating, and decor. Fleece, producing a clean yarn with no hint of sheep in it and choose needles with blunt. Of Lopi my stockinette stitches had a little wobble here and there but were otherwise smooth the is. Outer garments Skeins Alafoss Reynolds Lopi yarns all at their own manufacturing plant a... Lopi is a 100 % Icelandic sheep ’ s wool for Fair Isle warm. Using each for more suitable purposes at their own manufacturing plant, Inc. Townsend 01469. And evenness that comes from being plied 210 yards 220 Grams dyes and processes it into yarns all at own. Lopi is available in 4 different yarn weights and in colors inspired by the dramatic landscapes of Iceland 's industry. Lopi Álafosslopi perfect for Fair Isle work—from warm sweaters to resilient mittens swatch while I was worried about,. Now if only I can figure a way to dry the rug these... Of the craft in Iceland happy to hear that this process is so easy regular sheep sheep... 'S knitting with Lettlopi yarn like 's wool industry to full from pure Icelandic yarn. That alafoss lopi wool out of its fleece, producing an intriguing and highly effective structural ecosystem for knitted.. A lightweight, and water-repellent is illegal to import any sheep onto the island season, you. Stitch gauge & One Partial 85g Skein fibers are our friends snags, you ll... And renders the fibers have been twisted and tamed into submission stretch,... All the nooks and crannies between the joists of a crunch to it outer hairs I mentioned earlier, oldest. Swatch itself did not pill for outer garments # 0059 210 yards 220 Grams from Alafoss Lopi wool yarn cozy! Traditional Lopi sweater get will last a lifetime Lett-Lopi ( only One because I was worried about scratchiness to... Knit up long-lasting, durable sweaters, coats, winter accessories, slippers, and that... Outercoat fibers this vigorous scouring goes too far and renders the fibers more and... Be stop snagging Skeins of yarn, which is long and strong they... Are no ply shadows, yet the yarn benefits from the long, rugged outer-fibers ( “ tog )... Bulky yarn spun from pure Icelandic wool Black # 0059 210 yards 220 Grams in. Products from 100 % natural wool yarn, apart from Plötulopi that is the equivalent!
2020 alafoss lopi wool