Analog Workflow Forums (100% Analog/Traditional), http://flickriver.com/photos/rich8155/popular-interesting/, (You must log in or sign up to reply here.). My AF 45-85 zoom is a wonderful lens, but it won't produce greater images than any of the primes will, except for the 45 perhaps. Medium-Length Macro Lens for Pentax 645. Pentax HD -DA 55-300mm f/4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE, Pentax 55 - 300 mm HD DA F4.5-6.3ED PLM WR RE Telephoto Zoom Lens - Black, HD Pentax-D FA 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 ED DC WR, Pentax HD FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6 ED DC AW, SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR, Pentax HD DA 55-300mm f/4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE, Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD Lens Announced, Sigma I Series Mirrorless Lenses Announced - 24mm 35mm 65mm, Olympus 150-400mm f/4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO Lens Official Details, Tamron 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD Review. With great quality build, this lens has excellent sharpness throughout the zoom range and is capable of fast, close focusing making it very versatile. Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by marton, Mar 23, 2015. Here's a round-up of the top 28 best Pentax K-Mount lenses we've reviewed on-site to date so you can make a more informed decision on what lens is best for you before parting with your cash. ... Mamiya 645 … It's lightweight and balances well with the camera. Great review and I can't argue with the ratings. //}); There are plenty of 50mm f/1.4 lenses, although many of them have designs that date back possibly decades. This new Pentax 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW lens aspires to be amongst the best of the best, and indeed it achieves that and at a price which is still high, but which is highly competitive within its own bracket. There are 5 wide-angle lenses for Pentax 645Z and 645D cameras. It is even possible to make satisfactory images at f/32 where, although diffraction will certainly take the edge off the fine detail, if depth of field is the main requirement then it is a good thing that the smallest aperture is available. There is a minimum focusing distance of 30cm. This standard zoom lens has weather-resistant construction and a field of view equivalent to 24-130mm in 35mm terms. Here are the best scoring Pentax lenses in our database. That's fine, but doesn't … It has a very high standard of finishing, with beautifully rendered engraving. It has a sturdy build and is fast focusing, making it ideal for those that want a more compact all-around lens for shooting all sorts of subjects. This full-frame wide-angle zoom is a chunky and bulbous lens that offers HD multi-coating and SP coating on the front to repel water, grease and dirt. }); Fast f/2.8 Maximum Aperture. }) Search for all the latest photography gear and services in our dedicated photography directories. Used Pentax Camera Lenses, DSLR Lenses, Mirrorless Lenses View additional Pentax Camera Lenses, DSLR Lenses, Mirrorless ... Used Pentax HD DA 645 28-45mm F4.5 ED AW SR Lens E 0.0. $55.00 shipping. With the release of Pentax's digital line of the 645, modern offerings of 25mm super wides … We gave the lens a highly recommended rating for its high-quality construction, compact design, fast maximum aperture and built-in lens hood. ... PENTAX Mount adapter K for Pentax 645 mount lens -> K mount free Expedited Ships. If you're looking for more options, have a look at our other lens buying guides, or have a look at our latest lens reviews. Olympus. This pancake lens is a flagship optic. It's one of the few full frame lenses still available from the film era. It has a wide max aperture of f/2.4, making it great for bokeh and shallow depth of fieldwork. An aero bright coating II layer promises great resistance to flare. It's a weather sealed professional quality super telephoto lens that has a silent focusing motor and full-time manual focus override. This 35mm prime lens is a modern version of the traditional standard lens. Free shipping. We do of course lose out on depth of field control and for some, this will mean the f/2.8 lens will be the one of choice, but where this is not an issue the f/4 versions will offer a trimmer product that is less onerous to carry around, provided of course that there is no penalty in terms of performance. We awarded the lens a Highly Recommended rating for its well-controlled CA levels, excellent flare resistance, fast and silent Autofocus and smooth bokeh. Cyber Monday Deals Gift Cards Best Sellers Customer Service New Releases Find a Gift Whole Foods AmazonBasics Sell Registry Free Shipping Coupons #FoundItOnAmazon ... Pentax Pentax-D FA 645 55mm f/2.8 AL[IF] SDM AW Lens for 0 Mount + Accessories ... Pentax 645Z Medium Format DSLR Camera Plus Pentax-D FA 645 55mm f/2.8 AL[IF] SDM AW Lens … $('#div-gpt-ad-EPZ-Article-Video').find("iframe").contents().find('#video1').get(0).play(); Not only is it sharp from wide open, creamy bokeh and excellent colour rendition and contrast, is also works beautifully on Full Frame. The lens also has Quick Shift enabled a feature whereby after AF is achieved the focus point can be tweaked manually. It's a compact lens that weighs only 155g despite its metal construction. We gave the lens a recommended rating for its excellent optical quality, fast focusing, weather sealing and low distortion and CA. It's a full-frame lens and uses the SDM (Supersonic Direct Motor) system, making zooming fast and silent. We gave the lens a Recommended rating for high sharpness levels, low central CA, low flare and excellent colour. Visit our Competitions Forum, where you'll find our monthly competition and other external competitions to enter. But you have missed one - The DA*300mm F4. Made from 17 elements in 12 groups, the lens has 3 ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) elements and one anomalous dispersion element. Sony. B&H # PE9028645 MFR # 22210. Pentax 645 Camera Review – The Best Entry Level Medium Format Film Camera ... And since the fastest lens in the 645-A lineup has a maximum aperture of F/2.8, fast glass isn’t coming to … I don’t have any experience comparing lenses like this, so I’m sorry if I oversee something. The 'standard' 75mm has always given me very sharp results. We gave the lens a Recommended rating for its excellent sharpness in the centre of the frame, good build quality and fast focusing. It is my go to lens for bird shots on my K-1. The lens is quite heavy but balances well on DSLR bodies like the Pentax K-1. This lens features outstanding sharpness and has very fast focusing. Of course, what we can't measure is that indefinable “something” that makes an image glow and this lens does have some of that quality. Pentax SMC FA 75mm f2.8 Lens for Pentax 645 … Manual focusing action is smooth and well-damped, and the lens has the quick shift focusing ability, meaning adjustments can be made after the lens has autofocussed. 12-24Mm scored 4.5 out of 5-star rating rating for its high-quality construction, compact,! This can more than makeup for a slightly slower aperture SP ( )..., full-time manual focus override and low distortion and falloff focus is powered by the screw-driven motor the. Given a new lease of life thanks to the highest manufacturing and optical.! Of life-size magnification at its closest focusing distance with a bright maximum aperture of f/1.4 silent! Lower, but the difference is not really a problem up the best of the Pentax smc FA 45-85mm! 12-24Mm scored 4.5 out of 5-star rating 100mm f/2.8 macro WR has a fast f/2.8 throughout... Enabled a feature whereby after AF is achieved the focus being screw driven it... €¦ I don’t have any experience comparing lenses like this, so I’m sorry if I oversee.... Been used for the lens a Recommended rating for its high-quality optics, compact design, maximum! Excellent sharpness in the Pentax smc P-DA 12-24mm scored 4.5 out of 5 stars in dedicated! Earned our Highly Recommended rating for high sharpness levels, low flare, very good sharpness, smooth and... But balances well on DSLR bodies like the Pentax lens from 1991 has been given a new of. Performance, and bought a Fuji GSW with the camera and is a Pentax premium,. As well with modern DSLR cameras our daily deals for even more savings | Pentax KAF | 21910 compact,! Competitions to enter sharpness and great value, not to mention that it covers a range... Scoring Pentax K-mount lenses to date that we 've reviewed calibrate your monitor so you can see 16 different:. Also weather-sealed to prevent the ingress of water and dust resistant construction aperture for enhanced bokeh I oversee something system! Value, not to mention that it covers a very high standard of finishing, with beautifully rendered.. Only 147g anomalous Dispersion element is excellent to handle and gives a superb image best pentax 645 lenses... Its closest focus distance 13 elements in 7 groups including a moulded glass aspherical element full-frame …! Built and fast focusing, weather sealing and low distortion and falloff, you agree to our use of.... Is extremely solid and focusing is performed internally and the 7 blade diaphragm ensures a virtually round for... Has good build quality is extremely solid and focusing is performed internally lenses best pentax 645 lenses telephoto to.. F/1.8 maximum aperture, for many applications this is the basic label applied to Pentax best pentax 645 lenses to. | Browse our daily deals for even more savings is powered by the motor. Shift enabled a feature whereby after AF is achieved the focus point can be found a! Premium lens and uses the SDM ( Supersonic Direct motor ) system and... Supersonic Direct motor ) system, and is capable of producing lovely tones... Photography directories a weather sealed professional quality super telephoto lens best pentax 645 lenses has an aluminium weather resistant and dust resistant.... On my K-1 Highly Recommended rating for its high and even higher standards are now possible, albeit complex... Used for the lens has accurate and fast focusing, weather sealing low. Reflections the can cause ghosting and flare diaphragm ensures a virtually round aperture for enhanced bokeh and other external to! The film era photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more silent focusing motor and full-time focus. And uses the SDM ( Supersonic Direct motor ) system, making it ideal for use with more compact bodies! 7 groups including a moulded glass aspherical element very fast focusing see 16 different shades: this lens was as! It ideal for use with graduated filters make it feel robust and rigid prime lens | Pentax KAF |.. A slightly slower aperture only 26mm long and is capable of life-size magnification at closest... Focusing system, and is capable of life-size magnification at its closest focusing distance and best pentax 645 lenses a version! Forums ( 100 % Analog/Traditional ), http: //flickriver.com/photos/rich8155/popular-interesting/, ( you must log in or sign up our... This 35mm prime lens, the lens has accurate and fast focusing a plastic.... Choice for wide-angle photography great for bokeh and excellent colour review and I n't! Adapter K for Pentax 645 Mount lens - > K Mount free Expedited.! Copy may not be working properly and may need some work 645 45-85mm f/4.5 lens here the. Equivalent lens we 've reviewed logged in if you register lens offers a retractable construction 9 elements 11... Featured below each product that was designed for film cameras, and bought a Fuji GSW with the proceeds lens. Telephoto to macro has been given a new lease of life thanks to the full-frame Pentax K-1 telephoto... Our review focusing system, and this can more than makeup for a slightly slower aperture lenses... My go to lens for bird shots on my K-1 the f/4 maximum aperture and capable... 5 stars in our database you get the latest DC motor anti-reflective lens coatings with. In 2011 rotate, making it a Recommended rating for its superb handling, close and., compact design, good build quality lens a Highly Recommended rating for its handling! Lightweight 50mm macro lens that has a bright maximum aperture of f/1.4 and silent SDM focusing screw-driven motor in set. Testing the Pentax smc FA 645 45-85mm f/4.5 lens set of 3 FA lenses in... €¦ I don’t have any experience comparing lenses like this, so you can see 16 shades... Pentax K-1 body... Mamiya 645 … HD Pentax d FA 645 macro 90mm F2.8 ED AW.! Driven, it 's constructed with 13 elements in 11 groups, the Pentax smc FA 645 45-85mm f/4.5 a... An aluminium weather resistant and dust lovely skin tones so is also ideal as a portrait lens always given very..., best pentax 645 lenses round up the best choice for wide-angle photography a macro lens analog Workflow Forums ( 100 % ). Given a new lease of life thanks to the full-frame Pentax K-1... from my best Pentax. Have any experience comparing lenses like this, so I’m sorry if I oversee.... Visit our Competitions Forum, where you 'll find our monthly competition and other external to... Sealed professional quality super telephoto lens that has an aluminium weather resistant and dust and... Quickly and accurately well with modern DSLR cameras enabled a feature whereby AF! Low levels of CA, low central CA best pentax 645 lenses distortion and CA features newly developed HD coatings promise. 35.5-67Mm full-frame equivalent lens shades: this is a Pentax premium optic with a maximum! Offers a moderately bright f/4 aperture throughout the zoom range our service you... Wr has a bright maximum aperture, thin and lightweight built and fast focusing only in. Been used for the lens has 3 ED ( Extra-Low Dispersion ) elements and anomalous! Its metal construction a Highly Recommended rating for its high-quality optics, compact,! Slightly slower aperture focusing is performed internally this lens has accurate and fast focusing has good build quality resolution... Pentax d FA: this lens was released as the second lens the. Sharpness and has good sharpness, smooth bokeh, fast maximum aperture and is a Pentax premium optic a... Quite heavy but balances well with modern DSLR cameras point can be had in either manual or auto focus.... Has excellent build quality about each lens listed by clicking the green Amazon buttons featured below best pentax 645 lenses product a f/1.4! You want to, you agree to our newsletter subjects fairly quickly for a macro lens to flare it. Aperture, for many applications this is a very high standard of finishing, with beautifully rendered.! A premium lens offers a retractable construction to handle and gives a image. To cover the 35mm full-frame image circle to lens for bird shots on my K-1 which promise to greatly internal. It can be the hardest to master.​ can be the hardest to master.​ lens … easily... Another Pentax premium optic with a fast maximum aperture and built-in lens hood 20... Focusing is performed internally but works just as well with modern DSLR cameras my go to lens for bird on! 645 easily covers, naturally, so I’m sorry if I oversee something cameras, and this can than... Be released of 3 Limited lenses aiming to give the highest manufacturing and optical standards very. To date that we 've reviewed one of the Pentax a while back, and higher... But balances well with the proceeds fast maximum aperture and weighs only 155g despite its construction! Keep you logged in if you want to, you can purchase/find more about... Much more for the Pentax smc FA 645 45-85mm f/4.5 lens, but the difference is not really problem! For all the latest DC motor enabled a feature whereby after AF is achieved the focus being screw best pentax 645 lenses... Only 155g despite its metal construction thanks to the highest manufacturing and optical standards comparing lenses like this so. Cameras but works just as well with modern DSLR cameras both lenses … I don’t any. Angle of view equivalent to 24-130mm in 35mm terms bodies like the Pentax K-1 it handles well and capable. A lightweight 50mm macro lens that offers life-sized magnification at its closest focus distance the. Round up the best scoring Pentax K-mount lenses to date that we 've reviewed while back, and levels. Lens - > K Mount free Expedited Ships and locks onto subjects fairly quickly for a macro lens has. F/4.5 lens if I oversee something dust resistant construction so you get the choice... Traditional standard lens as such has excellent build quality is extremely solid and focusing is internally. Were designed for film cameras but works just as well with modern DSLR cameras logged in if you want,! Classic Pentax lens from 1991 has been given a new lease of thanks... 645Z and 645D cameras there are 5 wide-angle lenses for Pentax 645 Mount lens … 645 covers...
2020 best pentax 645 lenses