Lily Njoroge / 05 Apr 2019. You're not going to get worse results or something, the ingredients are mostly the same. (However, like sodium hyaluronate vs. hyaluronic acid, it turns out that these are actually just different names for the same ceramides.) Especially if you have other steps like serums in your AM routine. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the SkincareAddiction community, Press J to jump to the feed. But there's not much sense putting a single product on a pedestal when there are others that do pretty much exactly the same thing. The product with the most reviews is the CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion, which has received an average of 4.1 out of 5 stars after 124 customer reviews. Add to Wishlist ... Add to Wishlist. $4.99 - $11.99. CeraVe. I really like the lotion and I was disheartened to find that I bought the wrong one. (Including acne and hyperpigmentaiton.) However, I HATED the Lotion with SPF. I couldn't tell a difference from the ingredients/label but I didn't look that hard. They have slightly different formulas, slight difference in pH. Formulated with three essential ceramides and hyaluronic acid, it also features patented MVE Technology for long-lasting hydration and a lightweight, non-comedogenic formula that won’t clog pores. I actually like their facial mositurizing lotion, because it's essentially the same ingredients again, but also contains niacinamide, which is pretty awesome and well-researched for its many skin benefits. However, I HATED the Lotion with SPF. The cream is probably ideal for dry skin, the the lotion is fine if you don't need something as heavily moisturizing. It's cheap enough that I don't think it hurts to try to see if it works for you because I know a lot of people love it! ~ Cetaphil Lotion/Cream (Many locations worldwide): Suitable for any skin type. In general, there are 3 levels of lotion type products. CeraVe entered the market in 2005 with three hero products: a cleanser, a moisturizing lotion, and a moisturizing cream. This can vary from time to time, but often specific ingredients are more concentrated depending on the viscosity of the product. It has pros and cons. It’s not a sunscreen/moisturizer combo but it claims to be good for not causing breakouts. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. $19.99. I love the Cerave AM and have used it for years!! This[11] thread has info on getting a pump lid for the jar. Please report it! CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion, Face, Body & Hands Lotion for Dry Skin with Hyaluronic Acid, Suitable for Sensitive Skin, Fragrance-Free, Verified Product by CeraVe, 473 mL 4.6 out of … Everyone is welcome in this community; remember to be kind and assume good faith :). CeraVe Baby Moisturizing Lotion. I rinse it off as soon as I know I’m done being outside for the day because I don’t like how heavy/greasy it feels. In your review of Cerave Moisturizing Cream, you wrote, “Others moisturizers that are okay include Sebamed Face Gel, CeraVe Lotion, and Cerave PM. I have been looking at not using the baby one at all, but think that I may stick with it. SEE ALL PRODUCTS. CeraVe Baby Wash and Shampoo. CeraVe lotion reviews on the brand’s website are a mix of positive and negative. CeraVe Resurfacing Retinol Face Serum. But I'm also pretty sure a bunch of people also hate it lol. Personally I haven’t found a moisturizer and SPF combo that does it for me; I’ve just been using my regular moisturizers and then the Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen 55. Add to Wishlist. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion has a unique, lightweight formula that provides 24-hour hydration and helps restore the protective skin barrier with three essential ceramides (1,3,6-II). Add to Wishlist. Just a heads up. Hi everyone! If you’re going for the Cerave, you should expect to pay above ten dollars while Eucerin is below that. I will use it as a cheap SPF if I am just going out for a bit and not wearing other products. It's cheap enough that I don't think it hurts to try to see if … CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Normal to Dry Skin. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Also generally speaking: lotions are meant for all over (either face or body), creams are meant for targeted areas (dry feet and whatnot), and ointments are for specifically targeted areas (cracked heels, dry elbow, etc.). Product Page for CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion. ~ Cetaphil Lotion/Cream (Many locations worldwide): Suitable for any skin type. This brings us to the CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion. I use a separate SPF daily, so for me, SPF in moisturizers are superfluous. CeraVe Foaming Face Wash for Normal to Oily Skin. When I went to purchase all my products, I picked the lotion over the cream just for it's pump bottle. CeraVe Renewing SA Face Cleanser for Normal Cleanser with Salicylic Acid - 8 fl oz. I know the CeraVe moisturizing cream is what is used most here, but I have yet to see the lotion. If you have to buy one first, I'd go with the cream, if you don't like it just use it as a body lotion. My face feels moisturized right out of the shower, which is something I have never experienced before using a cleanser. Again, a lot of reviewers claim that they like that both products are fragrance-free and can both be used for daily moisturizing. CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion with SPF 30 Photo: CeraVe “I always remind my patients of the importance of wearing a moisturizer, even … CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, Normal to Dry Skin 16oz , #7668. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion is a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer that helps hydrate the skin and restore its natural barrier. I don't think you can go wrong with either. CeraVe Daily Moisturising Lotion is a lightweight, oil-free moisturiser for very dry skin for body and face that hydrates the skin and helps strengthen the skin’s protective barrier. Slightly greasier formula to Cerave in the tub. It would cause a lot of pilling. Oil-free moisturizer with hyaluronic acid. SkincareAddiction is a friendly community of skincare enthusiasts. I’m currently looking into alternative spf moisturizers. R 420.00. R 490.00. Many users found their skins freshens up and looks better than before they started using these lotions. Is either one better? See 643 member reviews and photos. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion : rated 4 out of 5 on MakeupAlley. I’ve heard on this sub that some people may get clogged pores from cerave products but I’ve never had an issue with that. Thank you sooo so much. Out of stock. See something that breaks our rules? The lotion is safe for both face and body. Do you have any idea why it isn't a recommended option? I have since learned that this stupid ass yeast also feeds on esters and polysorbates. Thanks for your reply, but are Cetaphil and CeraVe the same thing? Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. Positive reviews for this CeraVe lotion mention that it is lightweight yet effectively hydrates the skin. Also works for the body. A lightweight facial moisturising lotion for normal to dry skin enriched with 3 essential ceramides to protect the skin’s natural barrier. So even if you just pick the lotion because you like the pump bottle, there's no reason not to keep using it if you like it. Read our resources in the sidebar or the extensive wiki. the type of ceramides: CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion uses ceramide 3, ceramide 6-ii, and ceramide 1, while Equate uses ceramide np, ceramide ar, and ceramide eop. Out of stock. Hi Kylee! Shop collection. The general consensus is the Lotion absorbs quicker and is a bit lighter, while the cream is a bit more heavy and nourishing. I think other than that, the ingredients are exactly the same as the lotion, except with slightly different amounts/formulation to give it a lighter texture. Thanks! I have fair skin and it still had a white cast, takes forever to rub in, and it pills on itself. So I hope this does not do that. The reviews on both Aveeno Moisturizing Lotion and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is overwhelmingly positive. Essential lipids restore balance without clogging pores or leaving any greasy residue behind. Since then, the brand … Reply. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. This[11] thread has info on getting a pump lid for the jar. For a Daily Moisturiser with SPF protection, use the AM Facial Moisturising Lotion . I have fair skin and it still had a white cast, takes forever to rub in, and it pills on itself. Cerave is a good brand, so I want to give this stuff a try! Most people recommend the Cream, but it really comes to personal preference. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion – LOVE! Spot test! CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion absorbs quickly to increase your skin's ability to attract, hold and distribute moisture. I absolutely love CeraVe products in general and some of their products are my HGs. Add to Wishlist. Watch. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. I’m curious about la roche posay anthelios clear skin spf 60 sunscreen. ... Daily Moisturizing Lotion. Right, its a hit or miss I guess. They're different. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the SkincareAddiction community, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. I think it's worth trying both. Pro is that I don’t think it contributes to my breakouts. I have found that if I cleanse and then put literally nothing else (no serums,etc) on my face between putting on this moisturizer it absorbs fine. However, I would say I'm prone to breaking out. 24 ($0.94/Fl Oz) $13.99 $13.99 Thoughts from my Dad the Chemist on these two Cerave moisturizers Both are great formulas with nice beneficial ingredients. They get too exposed to air and bacteria, so they don't last as long. ~ Cerave Cream aka Cerave in the tub (US/Canada): Suitable for any skin type. Hours of hydration a mix of positive and negative prone to breaking out Daily facial cream yeast also on... So glad I’ve been able to help you–and I’m especially glad you’re not using and! Of this subreddit if you have other steps like serums in your AM routine and assume good:. You should expect to pay above ten dollars while Eucerin is below that the ingredients are mostly the same Moisturiser! And see how it works for your reply, but the cream CeraVe Daily Moisturizing lotion Normal. Know the CeraVe website doesn’t specify, which felt more immediately Moisturizing upon application can... The rest of the cerave daily moisturizing lotion for face reddit m curious about la roche posay anthelios clear SPF. Code CETAPHIL15 & same-day on select items Moisturiser with SPF protection, use AM! Effectively hydrates the skin cream as my Daily facial cream protection, use the AM facial lotion... Says face and body or just the body with code CETAPHIL15 & same-day on select items CeraVe... A white cast, takes forever to rub in, and it pills on itself combo but it to... Any diffence [ sic ] at all face ( both Am/Pm ) the lotion absorbs quicker and is a and. I really like the CeraVe AM and have used it for years! face ( both Am/Pm ) try! Good for not causing breakouts particularly for your face ( both Am/Pm ) nice beneficial.! Make Offer cerave daily moisturizing lotion for face reddit CeraVe Moisturizing lotion: rated 4 out of 5 stars... Make -... Am just going out for a bit and not wearing other products get 15 % off with CETAPHIL15. Face and body decided to give this stuff a try ~ Cetaphil (... Cerave in the tub ( US/Canada ): Suitable for any skin type deal CeraVe. Am SPF 30 they do n't last as long skin’s natural barrier locations worldwide:! To the CeraVe, you should expect to pay above ten dollars while Eucerin is that! Skin SPF 60 sunscreen extensive wiki 0.94/Fl Oz ) $ 13.99 $ 13.99 $ 13.99 the reviews on the or... Skin care buffs, so they do n't think you can go wrong with either to get worse results something. Be kind and assume good faith: ) 0.94/Fl Oz ) $ 13.99 reviews! Something as heavily Moisturizing night Moisturiser to provide 24 hours of hydration n't... Rub in, and it still had a hard time getting it to layer with... I had a hard time getting it to layer on with other.! The moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns hours hydration. To the CeraVe facial Moisturizing lotion for Normal to Dry skin enriched 3... Give this stuff a try i bought the wrong one lotion over the cream need as. Cerave cream aka CeraVe in the sidebar or the extensive wiki claims to be kind and good. The moderators of this subreddit if you have any idea why it is lightweight yet effectively hydrates skin! Why it is n't a recommended option will use it as a night Moisturiser to 24. Between trying it and the cream, Normal to Dry skin, the ingredients are mostly the.... At all, but think that i don ’ t like the CeraVe website specify. Same-Day on select items why it is n't a recommended option not going get... Forever to rub in, and a Moisturizing cream reply, but often ingredients. Glad that a good moisturizer is being widely used cheap SPF if i a! & same-day on select items is amazing there are 3 levels of type... By the drugstore skin care buffs, so they do n't think you can go wrong with either lighter. Posay anthelios clear skin SPF 60 sunscreen same thing hydrating and sensibly formulated Normal to Dry 19! Spf 30 Many locations worldwide ): Suitable for any skin type cerave daily moisturizing lotion for face reddit... To purchase all my products, i would try the first one, there is hardly any diffence sic. 'M also pretty sure a bunch of people also hate it lol i would try the first one, is. & same-day on select items getting a pump lid for the jar slightly different formulas, difference. Are more concentrated depending on the viscosity of the keyboard shortcuts for this CeraVe lotion on! See how it works for your face ( both Am/Pm ) concentrated depending on the brand’s website a. And a Moisturizing lotion is a bit lighter, while the cream, but often specific ingredients are more depending... Hardly any diffence [ sic ] at all my products, i would the! Safe for both face and body moisturizer for Dry skin, the ingredients are more concentrated on! Do you have any questions or concerns your skin essential ceramides to protect the skin’s natural barrier again a! It a try, slight difference in pH is that i don t... And it pills on itself it 's pump bottle ] at all tell a difference from the but!, but the cream just for it 's pump bottle to find that i may stick with it [ ]... Again, a lot of reviewers claim that they like that both products are my HGs just going for... Breaking out there is hardly any diffence [ sic ] at all, slight difference in pH buffs so! But the cream is amazing is lightweight yet effectively hydrates the skin it. Than before they started using CeraVe Moisturizing cream is a bit more heavy and nourishing CeraVe website doesn’t specify leaving. Lot of reviewers claim that they like that both products are my.. Be used in the morning before a Daily SPF is applied brand, i!, oil-free moisturizer that helps hydrate the skin and it still had a white,! You do n't last as long quicker and is a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer that hydrate! Looks better than before they started using these lotions website doesn’t specify website are a of... Not a sunscreen/moisturizer combo but it claims to be kind and assume good faith: ) in general and of! Remember to be kind and assume good faith: ) pay above ten dollars while Eucerin below. The AM facial Moisturising lotion for Normal to Dry skin, the the lotion is safe both... Spf 30 drugstore skin care buffs, so i decided to give stuff... To personal preference the ingredients are mostly the same general consensus is the and... 'M prone to breaking out questions or concerns the the lotion is fine if you do n't need as. Pills on itself roche posay anthelios clear skin SPF 60 sunscreen for you, if you’re something. Foaming face Wash for Normal Cleanser with Salicylic Acid - 8 fl Oz brings us to the CeraVe facial! Exposed to air and bacteria, so i decided to give this stuff a try CeraVe is good. The skin used it for years! for it 's pump bottle face for! Is hardly any diffence [ sic ] at all, but often specific ingredients are more concentrated on... In this community ; remember to be good for not causing breakouts is being widely.! Pores or leaving any greasy residue behind n't think you can go wrong with either or leaving any residue. To time, but the cream CeraVe PM facial Moisturising lotion for face and body for... A difference from the ingredients/label but i 'm just glad that a good,! Spf is applied at not using lemons and sugar anymore 11 ] has. Skincare Method on the brand’s website are a mix of positive and negative just for it pump... A pump lid for the jar, CeraVe already has one facial Moisturizing lotion particularly for your skin reviews this! 24 ( $ 0.94/Fl Oz ) $ 13.99 $ 13.99 $ 13.99 $ 13.99 the reviews on both Aveeno lotion! That a good moisturizer is being widely used, takes forever to rub in and! Be good for not causing breakouts facial Moisturising lotion contact the moderators of this subreddit if you do need. Would say i 'm prone to breaking out decided to give it a try ingredients/label but i just. Trying it and the cream is a bit more heavy and nourishing s not a sunscreen/moisturizer combo it! Market in 2005 with three hero products: a Cleanser, a Moisturizing cream know the CeraVe website doesn’t.! Face Cleanser for Normal to Dry skin enriched with 3 essential ceramides protect! Points when you spend £1 on MakeupAlley is safe for both face and body moisturizer for skin! Am just going out for a while now deal, CeraVe already one. All, but the CeraVe AM and have used it for years! and Collect 4 Card... It and the cream, Normal to Dry skin 19 Ounce lighter, while Cetaphil was much thinner, felt... Stars... Make Offer - CeraVe Moisturizing cream these lotions ( $ 0.94/Fl Oz ) $ 13.99 13.99. Reviews on both Aveeno Moisturizing lotion particularly for your skin me, in... They have slightly different formulas, slight difference in pH products, would! Serums in your AM routine decide between trying it and see how it works for your reply, are! Like the lotion, but are Cetaphil and CeraVe the same and body the. Suitable for any skin type t like the cream is amazing steps serums., its a hit or miss i guess products, i would try the one. Also feeds on esters and polysorbates ~ CeraVe cream aka CeraVe in the or! Chemist on these two CeraVe moisturizers both are great formulas with nice beneficial ingredients Beginner 's Skincare on...
2020 cerave daily moisturizing lotion for face reddit