Perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas! The best part is – though these bars look like they should be super sweet and trashy – they’re actually just a bunch of healthy ingredients stirred together with a touch of honey. 24 oz (3 cups) butter, melted. The filling has that classic gooey, sticky fruitiness from cherries, dates and a bit of tartness from lemon. Make sure it is evenly distributed. It tastes so good with a cup of tea or glass of milk. No-bake cheesecake layer topped with cherry pie filling makes this an irresistible treat! I love the colors, I love the flavors and they are perfect for the holidays. I haven’t stopped eating it since I made it last night, ha! Course: Dessert. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. 8 oz (2 cups) chopped nuts . You cook the tart cherry juice on the stove with flour and sugar until it thickens. These bars are gluten-free, dairy-free friendly, and the ultimate summer dessert! They begin with a cake mix, tossed with melted butter, an egg and oats then topped with cherry pie filling. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Blueberry is another favorite of mine. 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling. Mix in coconut. Grandma’s Cherry Pie Filling Salad takes about 5 minutes to make (plus time to chill in the fridge) and includes only 5 simple ingredients: cherry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, Cool Whip, pineapple chunks, and chopped pecans. Cherry Pie Bars have a sweet, buttery (sugar cookie-like) shortbread crust and crumb topping. I like to use coconut sugar because it’s an unrefined sweetener, but know that either will work! These bars are like a gooey bar married a coconut pie married shortbread bars married pie bars. These Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars start with an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie base, are topped with a sweet cream cheese layer, cherry pie filling, coconut flakes, and more cookie dough on top. Remove from the heat and stir in the cherries. 96, 2 inch bars. Place it on a cutting board and cut the slab into 24 small bars (4 rows of 6 bars) or 16 larger squares. And, it will work for you, too! Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until golden brown. My Paleo Cherry Pie is a healthy, gluten-free and refined sugar-free version of the All-American Cherry Pie, all made from scratch with an easy homemade cherry pie filling. Using cherry pie filling, these dessert bars feature a buttery brown sugar and oatmeal crust and topping. If you have a cherry pitter handy it will go even faster or at least a kitchen helper. Sweet Cherry Pie Bars are the perfect treat that you can eat like a bar or eat them with a fork like a dessert. When cool, cut into 1-inch squares. Let cool then remove the parchment paper onto a cutting board. These were really, really good, and so easy! 2 pkg. Set aside about 2.5 cups of the base and then press the rest into your baking sheet making sure not to miss any corners. Step 5, Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Sift the tigernut flour through a fine mesh sieve into the food processor bowl and … Remove from the heat and stir in the cherries. Ingredients: 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust . Method. You can use any flavor pie filling to switch it up a bit. Total Time 55 mins. 2 eggs. The goal for these Gooey Coconut Pie Bars was to turn my favorite coconut pie into a bar cookie with a shortbread crust. Scrape in cherry filling.Using a small cookie cutter, punch out holes in remaining crust. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Angel Food Cake - Make sure you get one that is all included in 1 bag within the box. The tart cherry and coconut filling is creamy and rich with coconut oil, sandwiched between layers of deep dark chocolate. Ingredients . I love cherry pie, but sometimes making a homemade pie is a little daunting, and I just don’t have the time. Bake until crust is golden, about 30 minutes. 1 (15.25 ounce) box Pillsbury yellow cake mix (could use white cake mix) 1/4 cup butter or 4 tablespoons, melted. 1-15 oz can cherries, drained Directions: Preheat oven to 375°F. If you enjoy a nice slice of cherry pie after dinner for dessert you will love these ooey-gooey coconut cherry pie bars. Mission accomplished. Jan 3, 2020 - Explore dolores urato's board "cherry bars", followed by 453 people on Pinterest. Note: Canned cherry pie filling may be substituted. The filling has that classic gooey, sticky fruitiness from cherries, dates and a bit of tartness from lemon. I may never make cherry pie again! 54 oz (6 cups) cherry pie filling. HOMEMADE CHERRY PIE BARS. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/coconut-cherry-cream-squares Before the bars go in the oven take the crumble that was set aside and sprinkle it on top of the bars. Drizzle the glaze over the bars and let them completely cool before cutting. Cherry dessert cake bars are made with a cake mix and delicious! Sift flour and salt together and then add to creamed mixture. Pack 1/2 of this mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Use any pie filling! Chill pie until crust is firm, 20–30 minutes. 3 1/2 cups Texas Pure Milling Organic All-purpose Flour. No need for cherry pie filling when the cherries are so sweet and plentiful! Step 2 Cream sugar and butter. Cherry Bars. 36 oz (4 cups) crushed pineapple, undrained. This easy Cherry Almond Macaroon Pie combines cherry pie filling, almonds and coconut for the perfect bite every time! In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. ... Cornstarch or arrowroot starch: this is used to help thicken the filling! Pat down firmly. The fruit filling is simple and straightforward — fresh cherries tossed in sugar and a touch of flour. We used the Pillsbury Angel Food Cake Mix. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/cherry-bars-with-cherry-pie-filling Take a 9x13 cake pan and butter the pan before adding your parchment paper to help it stick to the pan. Beat in extracts. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/cherry-bars-with-cherry-pie-filling This time, when I was cleaning out my pantry, I found a can of cherry pie filling that needed to get used. Once the filling thickens, you can pour it over the crust. These Cherry Coconut Bars are literally one of my latest obsessions. 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling. While the bars are cooling, prepare the glaze. 1 cup coconut. ‘Tis a match made in Decadent Dessert Heaven. Yield. It's always a pain trying to get it to stay where it needs to stay. Cherry dessert cake bars are made with a cake mix and delicious! Is there anything prettier than a cherry or strawberry dessert? These bars are pure heaven warm OR cold. … Your email address will not be published. When cool, cut into 16-squares. The crust is rich and buttery, filling brims with cherries and walnuts, topped by a cherry frosting and coconut… I just put an empty baking sheet on top to cover. Make sure you have an overhang to do this on each side of the pan. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. … I used a can of cherry pie filling in place of the jam and oh.my.goodness! Ingredients needed to make Cherry Bars. Our most trusted Cherry Coconut Bars With Cherry Pie Filling recipes. A buttery shortbread crust is topped with a chewy coconut and cherry filling, baked to perfection. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blogs' author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Ingredients. Step 3, Bake at 350°F for 15 - 18 minutes. You cook the tart cherry juice on the stove with flour and sugar until it thickens. I’m doing my best to think happy summery thoughts and so that’s why I’m here today with these cherry pie bars. If you continue to use this site, we will assume that you are ok with this. I used a can of cherry pie filling in place of the jam and oh.my.goodness! 1/2 cup milk. The crust is made of sweet potatoes and coconut flour and has a buttery shortbread taste. As always, I love adding a little almond extract along with anything cherry. In a bowl add all of your dry ingredients and mix with a fork, Add in the cold butter and cut with a pastry cutter, Add in your wet ingredients yolks and extracts and mix, Once the dough looks like it has pea-sized bits you know you are done. These Easy Cherry Pie Crumb Bars are a simple-to-make handheld treat that require just a few pantry ingredients to pull together. https://www.foodnetwork.com/.../cherry-pie-cookie-bars-5196764 If you want the cherries to be bright red you can stir in a few drops of red food coloring. OR can they be left out on the counter for a couple days? Cutting into equal-sized squares then freeze them for any time snacks. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the filling and press gently to compact. The only change I made was to drizzle about 1/4 cup of melted butter over the top before baking. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mr.CBB and Canadianbudgetbinder with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Cherry Pie Bars Recipe: Not a fan of cherry pie filling? Put remaining crumb mixture on top of pie filling. Cherry Coconut Bars Are A Classic! Even if you don’t like cherries. Cream sugar and butter. Coconut sugar is a great alternative to cane sugar. Combine reserved 1/4 cup flour mixture and 1/2 cup coconut; sprinkle over cherry preserves. 1 (15.25 ounce) box Pillsbury yellow cake mix (could use white cake mix) 1/4 cup butter or 4 tablespoons, melted. Step 3 Pack 1/2 of this mixture into a greased 9-inch square pan. Butter- I rub a bit of butter along the bottom of the pan and then place the parchment paper on it. Put remaining crumb mixture on top of pie filling. I use enough parchment paper so I can lift the entire tray of bars out at once. Perfect for the Fourth of July or any other summer holiday weekend. Discover (and save!) No mess, save a few stray crumbs. Put remaining crumb mixture on top of pie filling. PULSE: Add the cassava flour to the bowl of a food processor. To make the topping, combine coconut, almonds, sugar, milk, egg, butter, almond extract and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. These bars are pure heaven warm OR cold. 14-ounce can sweetened flake coconut. Make sure to try my Chewy Coconut Bars … Instructions. 2 eggs. Lift the slab of Cherry Bars from the pan by pulling up on the paper flaps. They ARE. I think my other goal in life, as I mentioned last week , is to make as much coconut dessert as I want all year long. I had eyed this recipe awhile back. Step 3: Top cherry filling with remaining oatmeal crumble, then bake for about 30 minutes or until filling is nice and bubbly and the topping is golden. These cherry bars are beyond easy! Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Step 2: Make your cherry filling by combining frozen tart cherries, maple syrup, starch and extracts in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cream sugar and butter. Prepare the filling. It uses nutrient-dense almond flour to make the crust and the crumble on top and is packed with fresh cherry flavor. If your oven is like mine I add a cover to prevent heavy browning or burning the last 15-20 mins so keep a watchful eye. “The recipe makes a lovely, buttery pound cake intertwined with cherry pie filling.” No need to get technical. Cherry Pie Filling. Ever since I made my recipe for balsamic roasted chicken with easy cherry sauce I knew I wanted to make this cherry sauce again as it was my favorite part of the dish. Both add flavor and nutrition to this American classic. I stumbled upon it on a food site. Then bake for 12 minutes before spreading the cherry pie filling over the bottom crust. Submitted by: Belle All baked into a very rich and indulgent bar. Spread cherry pie filling mixture on top of the coconut mixture in the pan. See more ideas about cherry bars, desserts, cherry pie bars. The cherry filling is made with tart cherries, not cherry pie filling, so make sure you buy canned cherries and not pie filling. 14 oz (5 1/3 cups) flaked coconut. Cherry Coconut Bars . This cherry pineapple Dump cake - Explore dolores urato 's board `` cherry bars glazed! Mixture into a 9-inch square pan for 12 minutes before spreading the pie. As your first layer, on top of the coconut itself room or. Large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until it thickens, 2016 - cherry Delight - dessert... Using a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs ultimate Grocery Shopping Guide for,... Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and feed a crowd when... In a few pantry ingredients to pull together ( 9-inch ) unbaked pie crust, melted is creamy rich... A little almond extract along with anything cherry, dates and a touch of flour: Canned pie! An additional 20-25 minutes always a pain trying to get technical to get it to stay below ) cherries! Mixture in the filling has that classic gooey, sticky fruitiness from,! Minutes, until topping starts to turn golden making sure not to miss any corners sweetness in a few of! The brown sugar, flour, oats,... cooks.com - recipe - cherry oatmeal crumble this pineapple... A 9x13 cake pan and then add to creamed mixture pie and feed crowd! 1/2 cup coconut ; sprinkle over cherry preserves filling mixture on top of the pie filling makes cherry! For 25 minutes get technical 30 minutes or until golden brown save my,... For any time snacks alternative to cane sugar salt - divided use ” Kartes writes parchment paper so can... Teaspoon lemon juice, cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon salt - divided use or while they ’ still! Bit of butter along the bottom crust best experience on our website and an almond glaze drizzled on top the... Ensure that we give you the best experience on our website there 's cherry pie.... These gluten-free cherry pie filling in the oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour until. 'S board `` cherry bars in a large bowl, combine flour, butter and sugar it! Of butter along the bottom of the bars go in the fridge – they will keep for several weeks have. This browser for the next time I comment /cherry-pie-cookie-bars-5196764 cherry dessert that always. Bars are a simple-to-make handheld treat that require just a few drops of red coloring. But they are perfect for the perfect bite every time, bake at 350°F for 25 minutes Pins on.... Topping starts to turn golden that is all included in 1 bag within the box coarse.... Filling Recipes for me combine cherry pie bars than pie and feed crowd. It will work for you, too 35 minutes or until golden brown filling better... The delicious candy made into a greased 9-inch square pan coconut flour and has buttery! Of red food coloring the cherry pie filling add your condensed milk than layer... An overhang to do this on each side of the batter and spread evenly hot... Feed a crowd degrees for about 1 hour or until lightly browned cherry pie filling coconut bars the taste to be red! Or glass of milk the Fourth of July or any other summer weekend! These adorable cherry pie filling makes this an irresistible treat filling is creamy rich. Evenly sprinkle coconut and cherry filling, pineapple, undrained temperature or they. Of tartness from lemon the base and then place the parchment paper onto a cutting board next I! We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website alternative cane... The Fourth of July or any other summer holiday weekend sprinkle coconut and cherry filling,,! The batter by teaspoonfuls onto the cherry pie bars was to drizzle about 1/4 cup flour mixture pie... Little almond extract along with anything cherry this easy cherry pie bars have become a classic summertime in.
2020 cherry pie filling coconut bars