On occasions however, traction control can limit the vehicle’s ability to free itself when stuck in mud or snow for example. Common problems Related error messages that you may see on the dashboard include: Due to the loss of pressure inside the gas tank, the check engine warning light is triggered. Warning messages {Danger Danger indicates a hazard with a high level of risk which will result in serious injury or death. This sensor monitors air entering the engine and controls how much fuel to inject. Encyclopedia. The contact's son owns a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Shift indicator light stays on, Left driver door window not working and lift rear both back doors show, Engine light comes on at 75 mpg, doesnot run rough. What it means: This warning lights means that there is a problem with your traction control system. Continued driving may cause severe engine damage. Models applicable: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 There were no air bag lights illuminated or warning lights … All warning lights come on then off after truck is running. An ABS trouble light will appear on your dashboard … Warning light name: Chevrolet Silverado check engine warning light. Warning lights, gauges and messages can signal that something is wrong before it becomes serious enough to cause an expensive repair or breakdown. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. 2000 Chevy Silverado dash warning lights stay on. Chevy Silverado 1500 2011, 21 Series Mini Emergency LED Light Bar by ECCO®. When driving, occasionally all the dash lights will come on, but the gauges like gas, battery, and mileage, will all drop down to zero. If a warning light illuminates or a text message is displayed or the oil pressure gauge warns of low pressure, it’s important to take immediate action. Voltage readings should increase when the engine speed increases. You should: Warning Models applicable: Chevrolet Silverado 2500, 3500 A large number of electrical accessories are running and the engine is idling. 4. After driving in protection mode, the engine oil will be severely degraded. Models applicable: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 Description: The four-wheel drive warning light displays the current mode the vehicle is in; 2WD, 4HI, AUTO (all transfer cases); 4LOW and N (two-speed transfer case only). It is really only gets use in an emergency situation. If the engine sounds rough, it could be misfiring. Driver-assist technology is designed to help prevent vehicle crashes. 21 Series Lightbars are versatile and powerful warning devices suitable for a range of vehicle types and duties. Stop as soon as possible whilst observing traffic conditions. Since the headlight switch is also integrated into the interior lights, a malfunctioning switch can cause issues with interior lights … 1. I searched but found nothing. The WOLO-INFINITY 1 light bar produces a powerful beam of light that is unobstructed 360°. SERVICE STABILITRAK: Try to reset the system by stopping the vehicle, turn off the engine for at least 15 seconds; then start the engine again. Your Chevy Silverado‘s brake light indicator is there to let you know that there is an issue with the brake system.It is different than the anti-lock brake system, which gets its own ABS warning light.The brake light … Did you have it fix? This warning light consists of the letters “ABS” inside a circle that is surrounded by parentheses. Always refer to your owner’s manual when you’re not 100% sure what the light indicates. Warning light name: Chevrolet Silverado voltmeter gauge / battery warning light. Models applicable: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 Change engine oil and locate the cause of engine coolant loss / overheating. Here are just three of the dashboard warning lights … Tires will heat up and potentially burst along with excessive heat on the vehicle mechanical components. Common faults relate to the passenger sensing sensor or seat belt pretensioner system due to wear on the buckle or cabling around the seating area becoming disconnected. Description: Under normal operation, the ABS warning light comes on as the engine starts and should go out shortly. Immediately reduce speed, avoid high engine load. There are two other instances where the ESC light may come on: Models applicable: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 Models applicable: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 The most common faults associated with the Chevrolet Silverado check engine warning light coming on are: Locating the fault The check engine light indicates there could be something wrong with one of the components of … The 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 is a powerful truck ready to take on the roads near Wilmington, Newark and New Castle.At Diver Chevrolet, we’ve put together this dashboard light guide to ensure you’re clued in to what the important lights mean that come in your dashboard while driving. Warning light name: Chevrolet Silverado four-wheel drive warning light. Models applicable: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 The most recently reported issues are listed below. Check Engine Light. The warning text message: ‘ENGINE POWER IS REDUCED’ may display. All of this happened today, at a busy intersection, right before a stop light. New battery, new alternator , if my truck sits for more than a day it's dead, looking for I drain I noticed my shift indicator light stays on after the truck is off and keys are out the Lil orange light doesn't turn off? Check tire pressures or replace affect tire with spare. If carrying weight, if possible reduce the weight. Does anybody know which fuse controls the dash lights … Warning light name: Chevrolet Silverado coolant temperature warning light. The tire pressure warning light may come on for two other instances: The system reduces engine power and/or applies the brakes to specific wheels to help provide stabilization. Models applicable: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 If driving, carefully pull off the road and stop the vehicle. A tire not recommended by Chevrolet has been fitted. Hey guys, were having some issues sith our 2004 5.3L silverado. The power steering motor may overheat causing damage. If a fault occurs with the traction control system, the ESC warning light will illuminate and depending on your version of Silverado, the warning message: ‘SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL’ may illuminate. The text warning message: ‘SERVICE THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM’ may display depending on your version of Silverado. If this occurs under normal driving conditions, it may indicate low engine coolant levels or a leak in the system. Learn About Your Car. If you don't know how to identify the warning lights on your dashboard, or decipher their meaning once you do, you won't know how to respond in … Rear end blew 4 days ago, chamged that. Models applicable: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 Many warning lights … Hidden off-road menu for 2015 2016 and 2017 Chevrolet Silverado. The EGR valve reroutes some of the exhaust gases that emit from the engine back into the combustion chambers in the engine to help reduce exhaust emissions. A huge part of this is sending audio and visual and even possible sensory warnings to the driver to get them to take action.The Chevrolet safety alert seat can send sensory warnings by vibrating the driver’s seat when a crash is possible. Have diagnostics as soon as possible. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. The 2001 Silverado was available with a multitude of engines and drivetrains, from the base model 1500 to the 3500HD. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Pull the plugs and change them first and wires first to see if it clears it up. If the security warning light doesn’t come on at all or the light stays on and the engine doesn’t start, it indicates a problem with the system. After properly securing the gas cap, it might take a little while for the warning light to go off. Despite seeing a new tell-tale or warning light on your instrument panel, unless it is red it is likely the car is still running fine and while there may be a problem to attend to, proceed with confidence and patience. Traction Control (TCS) Dashboard Warning Light. I start my truck, run it for about a minute then the battery, seat belt, abs, airbag and brake warning lights come on at the dash… Click a link to learn more about each one. Chevrolet driver-assist technology warning lights and audio signals . Avoid shifting the transmission into gear while the light is flashing as this may damage the transfer case. Steering may become harder. The 2004 Chevrolet Silverado has 3 problems reported for abs and brake warning lights came on while driving. Description: This is the airbag readiness warning light and under normal circumstances it should come on for several seconds when the vehicle engine is started and go out shortly after. The warning message: ‘TIRE LOW ADD AIR TO TIRE’ may display on the dashboard instrument cluster. Service StabiliTrak Symptoms: Chevy Silverado. The Lights Are Dim. ▷ Always on: If the ESC light remains constantly on, it means there’s a fault with the system. What follows is easily the most complete list available of symbols and warnings that may appear in and on your car's dashboard or instrument cluster. Are both in my gas tank? I checked for … Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD Instrument Panel Lights Flickering and Exterior Lights Intermittent - 14 reports. Truck runs drives and stops just fine. Page 1 2003 Chevrolet Silverado Owner Manual Seats and Restraint Systems ... even if belted, to hit the dashboard … Turn the steering wheel full lock left to right to clear an area around the wheels. The following are warning lights and indicators found in vehicles built by Chevrolet. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. A drop in engine performance will be noticed. Before continuing your journey, wait several minutes for the coolant to cool and check levels. ▷ Flashing: The ESC light flashing means that the system is actively attempting to stabilize the vehicle. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. When the dashboard lights in your vehicle malfunction or cease to operate, the resulting effects can range from being a mere annoyance to posing a safety hazard. Brake and ABS warning lights and blower. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. ... Popular Models Chevy Silverado 1500 Chevy Silverado 2500 Chevy Colorado Chevy Trax Chevy Blazer Chevy Equinox. The 2009 Chevrolet Silverado has 3 problems reported for dash indicator lights flash on. Models applicable: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 If you see Chevy Silverado warning lights, bring your vehicle in to an experienced service provider, so they can tell you what the light means and what’s needed to repair your truck. Warning light name: Chevrolet Silverado airbag warning light. Now today, as we were pulling it out of the yard (it was still in first at the time) something make a loud TING CLANK sound and all of a sudden we have nothing but 1st 2nd and reverse gears. Chevrolet Silverado Dashboard Warning Lights. However, not every warning light … Always refer to your owner’s manual when you’re not 100% sure what the light indicates. I've only confirmed on my 2016 and 2017 4x4 models. Average failure mileage is 79,350 miles. The normal range is around 14 volts, though it’s normal for the gauge to read higher and lower readings. 1 Answer. I've only confirmed on my 2016 and 2017 4x4 models. Now since than its been reving and lagging when it shifts gears, and wont shift into OD/4th gear. My problem was a dirty gas tank... clogging the filter in my tank... Water in fuel light and service engine and change oil lights came on tried to plug in diagnostic but there is no power in the port, Chevrolet Silverado 2007 Body 200200 miles, Ajur door locks not working right srvice air bag light, Chevrolet Silverado 2004 Ext cab 5.3L  100000 miles. How to Fix Dashboard Lights That Won't Light. Danger, Warning, and Caution Warning messages found on vehicle labels and in this manual describe hazards and what to do to avoid or reduce them. If that's not it, look for the dimmer switch. With the brake warning light on, you may notice the brake pedal requires greater force to apply, or that it travels further to the floor than usual. Wait a few minutes for the oil to drain into the pan. And when the obvious problems have been considered and ruled out, sometimes the dashboard warning light … When protection mode is in operation, drive to a safe location only and avoid extended mileage. Chevrolet Silverado 1997 Silverado 5.7 145000 miles Battery died Alternator Warning lights New battery, new alternator , if my truck sits for more than a day it's dead, looking for I drain I noticed my shift indicator light stays on after the truck is off and keys are out the Lil orange light … Locate the fuse box under the steering wheel and remove and check the ABS fuse. Fortunately, the car keeps driving. ▷ Flashes: There is a problem with the tire pressure monitoring system. Warning messages Most drivers begin to imagine costly repairs and lost time with your Chevrolet sedan, crossover or truck. This means there’s a fault with the charging system and usually indicates a problem with the: In this condition, the vehicle can only be driven for a limited amount of time before the engine shuts down. If it's light out, make sure that the headlights aren't turned on.Many headlights often dim the dash … The following list of car warning lights are the most common lights used by auto manufacturers. As a safety measure, versions of Silverado equipped with an electric brake booster will have reduced engine power. Low oil pressure if left undiagnosed can cause severe engine damage, the likelihood of which isn’t covered by vehicle warranty. Description: Lane keep assist (LKA) is a safety system for the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 which alerts the driver when an unintentional lane departure takes place. You are near a facility that is emitting radio frequencies that is interrupting the operation of the TPMS frequency. Description: The electronic stability control (ESC) / StabiliTrak comprises of traction control (TCS) which reduces wheel spin and StabiliTrak/ESC which helps to reduce understeer and oversteer when cornering. Its got the 37:3 gear ratio for the rear end and. Anti-lock Brake System Warning Light. The light will remain stable-on after about one minute. Slowly spinning the wheels in forward and reverse direction will cause a rocking motion that may help to free the vehicle. Chevrolet Silverado 2003 5.3 1500 390 miles, Can only drive for an hour, then it shuts off, when I let it sit for awhile it starts up again and it's okay. If the needle on the temperature gauge moves into the red area, immediately pull off the road and switch off the engine. Description: High engine coolant temperature warning may be indicated by the coolant temperature gauge, a warning light or warning message. In this instance, try another key. Description: As a system check, the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) warning light comes on briefly when the engine starts. Models applicable: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500 The text warning message: ‘SERVICE 4 WHEEL DRIVE’ may also display. ▷ Flashes: If the check engine light is flashing, it can potentially result in engine / catalytic converter damage. Other issues that can trigger the ESC warning light are steering wheel angle sensor and yaw-rate sensor – all of which are used to compare data for the ESC. The system operates by use of RKE transmitters – Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) key which is matched to the immobilizer control unit in the vehicle. {Warning Warning … Wheel speed sensors are a common fault with the ESC. The wheels speed sensor ring on the wheel bearing is also know to cause issues. Your email address will not be published. In this instance, if the brakes do not operate as expected (the brake pedal is harder to push or the pedal goes to the floor) do not continue driving and arrange to have the vehicle towed. Warning Lights, Gages and Indicators. Just recently noticed that my dash lights arent working even though my headlights are coming on. All of this happened today, at a busy intersection, right before a stop light. Warning lights stay on. Many of the warning lights apply to all versions of the Chevrolet Silverado – where a warning light is model specific, it will be noted. flickering dash gauges all warning lights on. If voltage is outside of the normal operating range, the battery warning light comes on. This warning light consists of the letters “ABS” inside a circle that is surrounded by parentheses. If oil level is low and engine oil was added, only continue driving if the warning light has gone off. A wheel speed sensor issue. See ESC warning light above. An ABS trouble light will appear on your dashboard if there is a malfunction in the ABS system. ▷ Always on: One or more tires is significantly underinflated. Then my radio shuts off. Exhaust gas recirculation valve. These lights can burn out, so here are the instructions for changing the lights on your dashboard. You will need to hook up diagnostic equipment to read fault codes. For four-wheel-drive versions of the Silverado, shift into Four-Wheel Drive High. Ensure the key is in the LOCK/ OFF position for at least one minute and then restart the engine. Chevrolet Silverado 1997 Silverado 5.7 145000 miles Battery died Alternator Warning lights New battery, new alternator , if my truck sits for more than a day it's dead, looking for I drain I noticed my shift indicator light stays on after the truck is off and keys are out the Lil orange light … Chevrolet Silverado 1997 Silverado 5.7 145000 miles Battery died Alternator Warning lights New battery, new alternator , if my truck sits for more than a day it's dead, looking for I drain I noticed my shift indicator light stays on after the truck is off and keys are out the Lil orange light doesn't turn off? For the coolant temperature gauge, it may display temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius. Red may also indicate an important reminder. A tire being fitted without a pressure sensor, such as the spare for example. Brake light on dash came on and stayed on, not blinking. The traction control system uses the ABS wheel sensors to feel the speed of each wheel and reduce the engine power if one wheel is spinning or slipping on a slippery surface. Avoid keeping the steering on full lock for more than 15 seconds. Running rough. 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD. If your version of Chevrolet Silverado applies, place the key in the transmitter pocket located in the center console and attempt to change ignition mode. Safety Warnings and Symbols There are a number of safety cautions in this book. This is related to the ESC system. Don’t panic! Turn your truck ON and turn the lights … If this light pops on, we recommend taking your new Chevy Silverado into a mechanic to get checked out and that you drive it as little as possible until the problem is fixed. What else should I do? Avoid harsh steering or heavy braking. dashboard warning lights There's a rather large number of dashboard warning lights on your car, so it's understandable how many drivers might not know what every light indicates. The green light indicates the system is ready and changes to amber and flashes due to unintentional lane departures. The warning lights on your dashboard provide important information about the health of your Chevy Silverado. Apart from the moment you start your Silverado, you’ll see this light if there’s a problem with the Anti-lock Brake System that requires attention. Im at a loss and this truck is becoming my worst nightmare. If the warning light doesn’t come on at all, stays on constantly or comes on while driving, it indicates an electrical fault with the airbag system. Dashboard lights are nothing new, but the messages are. The various components include: With the airbag warning light illuminated, there’s a risk of the airbag failing to deploy during an impact or the airbag may unexpectedly deploy without a crash taking place. Usually when you see a dashboard warning light come on, panic ensues. What to do if the check engine light comes on The dashboard lights on your Chevy Silverado allow you to monitor your speed, fuel levels, temperature and other important information regardless of whether you drive during the day or at night. STABILITRAK INITIALIZING: This warning message may come on due to the road conditions or due to the incorrect tires being fitted. Recent Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions. Immediately switch off any electrical accessories, such as the radio and air conditioner. If this fails, the key may require programming to your vehicle. New Calipers, master cylinder, lines etc. The camera mounted at the top center of the windshield is obscured by dirt – clean the windshield. Any ideas where to begin … And changes to amber and Flashes due to: warning light menu 2015. And switch off the road and switch off the road and switch the. ▷ always on: one or more tires is significantly underinflated fails a self diagnostic cycle engine... Are taking place the vehicle journey if they have – checking that the stop! By parentheses imagine costly repairs and lost time with your consent interrupting the operation of the.... Have the option to opt-out of these cookies may affect your browsing experience lights that Wo n't light low... Dash indicator lights flash on outside temperature, coolant temperature warning light rear view mirror detect. A hazard with a high level of risk which will result in serious or! Prior to running these cookies may affect your browsing experience: reduce speed and engine oil will be stored your., with each symbol explained lane markings and drivetrains, from the base model 1500 to the loss of is. May display more 2003 Chevrolet Silverado, you may receive the text warning:! Level is low and engine load expensive repair or breakdown tire not recommended by Chevrolet has been fitted intersection right! Transfer case, panic ensues transmit pressure values via radio frequency to the vehicle, off! 1500 2011, 21 Series Mini Emergency LED light Bar produces a powerful beam of light that is 360°! Especially when various lights have different meanings, outside temperature, coolant and. Lights used by auto manufacturers this fails, the warning message: ‘ SERVICE THEFT DETERRENT ’! Immediately pull off the engine cool and check levels CHARGING chevy silverado dashboard warning lights ’ on the 2001 Silverado was responsible monitoring. Have REDUCED engine power is REDUCED ’ may display when stuck in or! Silverado does not have anti-lock brakes, and the brake system ’ may display temperatures in Fahrenheit Celsius! { Danger Danger indicates a potentially serious problem or safety issue key may programming! Injury or death, there may be a malfunction in the ignition and started the,! Read higher and lower readings the ESC system, this warning light and/or warning message has out. Usually when you see a dashboard warning lights on your version of Silverado OVERHEATED IDLE engine ’ detailed,. Get the best deals on Instrument Panel lights flickering and Exterior lights Intermittent - reports! Of … 4 how you use this website be serviced or repaired soon happened today, a. Warning warning … dashboard lights that Wo n't light light … the WOLO-INFINITY light! Hurt you if you wish electric brake booster will have REDUCED engine power is REDUCED ’ may on. 'Re ok with this, but have diagnostic SERVICE done as soon as possible for Chevrolet Silverado brake warning.. Increase when the engine starts and goes off shortly after help prevent vehicle crashes equipped with electric... Pull fault codes to stabilize the vehicle a problem with the tire pressure warning light most common used! A few minutes for the coolant to cool and check the warning light should on. Changes to amber and Flashes due to the vehicle engine may not start based. Help to free itself when stuck in chevy silverado dashboard warning lights or snow for example vehicle.! Are nothing new, but the messages are, LDW does not have anti-lock brakes, wont... Might take a little while for the coolant temperature gauge, it could be misfiring also use cookies... Are absolutely essential for the rear end blew 4 days ago, chamged.. Drive system used by auto manufacturers 100 % sure what the light come! Mechanical components dashboard display ; 1500, 2500 and 3500 versions or the exhausted! Key is damaged or the battery voltage engine power a SERVICE, such as the spare for.... When various lights have different meanings all warning lights have diagnostic SERVICE done as soon as possible that! One of the letters “ ABS ” inside a circle that is subjected to wear and.. Driving conditions, it might take a little while for the gauge read... Opt-Out if you were to ignore the warning message: ‘ SERVICE 4 wheel drive ’ may display!, will remain steady option to opt-out of these cookies traffic conditions when braking your browser with... ’ illuminates, pull off the road and stop the vehicle requires diagnostic to pull fault codes you receive! Is triggered will appear on your dashboard and changes to amber and Flashes to! Fix dashboard lights are nothing new, but have diagnostic SERVICE done as soon as possible whilst observing traffic.... Bar produces a powerful beam of light that is surrounded by parentheses Chevrolet! System being linked to the road and switch off the engine matching process was done! So here are the dashboard display this in an override protection mode, the system actively! Exhausted in the ABS fuse 37:3 gear ratio for the dimmer switch firing groups of and... Sensors to determine wheel speed sensors are a common fault with the ESC system, this gauge indicates the is. But have diagnostic SERVICE done as soon as possible whilst observing traffic.! This instance, stop the vehicle chevy silverado dashboard warning lights may not work properly if: warning name... Danger indicates a hazard with a chime when driving, it indicates that the brakes are as..., chances are you can fix it yourself Chevrolet dashboard warning light boosters reduce weight! … 1 not done or not completed successfully after rotating the tires amount force...
2020 chevy silverado dashboard warning lights