I would love for you to leave a rating and a comment below! IT was Delicious! Hi there! YAY!! Any rice on the bottom of the pot will release. Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces then season with salt, pepper and garlic. Step 2 Combine chicken, broccoli, condensed soup, sour cream, and pepper in a bowl. He is 15 and VERY picky about foods. so I cubed it and then browned in first in olive oil. baking dish, layer chicken and broccoli. While the oven is heating, stir the soup, milk, mustard and cheese in a 1 1/2-quart casserole. I don’t buy precooked chicken. Great recipe, I'll let you know how it goes. Just had this for dinner. I followed her directions exactly and it came out perfectly cooked and looks just like the picture! Required fields are marked *. This looks like a great recipe for a crowd... have you ever cooked this in a crock pot and if so, how long do you cook it for? Family of 5 fed in 30mins. Broccoli Rice CasseroleDeals From MS Do. With the combination of chicken, rice, broccoli, and of course cheese, you know it’s going to be delicious. Thanks so much for the wonderful review, I really appreciate it!! Ingredients for Casserole I usually love your recipes, but not this one. Going to try this recipe this week! Finally the product is done and supper commence. I did stir it as indicated in the recipe. :). Hi Mandy I am making this for a friend. Not that I've minded!! My mother requested I bring the leftovers to her house! Most nights, we always have leftovers, it’s just how it is when you have 2 adults and 2 kids. - Mandy. What stand chicken, any other meat that will work as well? I look forward to trying this! Everyone likes it, but it had a blandness, so, next time when I make this, I'll add a bit of New York Extra sharp cheddar ( finely shredded). I'll let you know how it turned out and what small variation I did. Anyway, I'm making this tonight and I'm going to melt the Velveeta into the milk before stiring in the rice. Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. -Frozen broccoli is already blanched so you don't need to cook it prior to mixing the casserole together unless you prefer broccoli that is very soft. Warm, comforting, cheesy, decadent. He said it was one of the best things he had ever had. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Hey Caryn! I made this last week and have to agree, it's amazeballs. Easy Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole is a one pot wonder that’s sure to become a family favorite. Pour reserved soup mixture evenly over broccoli. And wa`la. Refer to the package for the required amount of liquid and cooking time and adjust the amount of chicken broth that you use per package instructions. You can also cook the rice separately, consider adding a bouillon cube to the water to add some additional flavor. Start by combining chicken, rice, fresh broccoli and cheddar cheese in a bowl. Add the cooked chicken, soup, milk, sour cream, optional seasonings, and half of the cheddar cheese. Continue baking, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Other than that, it was perfect! I made last might and it was delicious, only had one problem...half the rice didn't finish cooking. No need - thawed or frozen both work great! Made this last night and it was fabulous! I highly recommend you use regular long grain rice instead of minute rice: These varieties take longer to cook and requires more liquid than white long grain rice. I am making this for a friend who had surgery. A few folks have commented that their rice didn't cook all the way through and I'm wondering if I should update the recipe. In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the broccoli cheese soup, cream of celery soup, mayonnaise, evaporated milk, pimientos, butter, rotisserie chicken seasoning, garlic salt and lemon pepper. I'd probably let it set at room temperature for an hour or so then heat, covered at 325 for about 20 minutes! I first thought of a chicken divan with the broccoli and mushrooms were extras. Stir in flour … The rice is tender, everything's slathered in cheese sauce and the crackers just soak it all up! I was thinking maybe mine was to thick and that's why the rice did not cook fully. I had the left overs for lunch through most of the week, and I'm tempted to make it again this weekend. Do you have any advice about increasing rice to 1 1/2 or 2 cups? Would definitely recommend making this and can’t wait for leftovers! How’d you do?! Maybe im lazy maybe im tired but its good and everybody likes it. Heat the oven to 350°F. Try some Velveeta. Using rotisserie chicken was a GAME CHANGER for a weeknight dinner, so easy and delicious. Check out my mac & cheese on Family Savvy.....it is wonderful! ; Add protein: We very often add in chicken to make a chicken and rice casserole (the perfect way to enjoy your leftover baked chicken breasts). Are you ready for the ultimate comfort food recipe? Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. I have never cooked with cream of cheddar cheese soup and honestly when I opened the can I thought it smelled gross and I was concerned, but I was wrong! Omg this recipe looks amazing!!! Mandy, I can't wait to get more deets on the Food Network show! Remove from oven and let rest for at least 15 minutes then serve. DELICIOUS!!! I made this a couple days ago and between two people we have devoured it! Sprinkle the top of the casserole evenly with grated cheese. This was so good! -I often reheat frozen lunch-sized portions in the microwave from a frozen state. Learn from my mistake! Being strapped for time doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor. I'm thinking about using that, and maybe cutting back a little on the milk. Combine crushed crackers, melted butter and garlic and mix well. Thank you for posting this recipe!!! Hey Kimberly! I threw the garlic powder and salt in while I browned it. Where I'm from, long grain is regular rice so I'm not sure what type of rice you mean. Heat the oven to 350°F. So long as you cut them into bite-sized pieces I think it would be great! I LOVE Campbell's cheddar cheese soup. To the remaining soup mixture, stir in uncooked rice then pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Set aside one cup (not more) of the soup mixture. Once you try it, you’re pretty much hooked. Thanks!For those that have asked about browning the chicken first, we never do. I only have Calrose Japanese Rice. I couldn't find it either, that is a great idea. But I know not all ovens cook the same, so not everyone will have this issue, that's just what I would do. Sign up for my email list and I’ll send it over now along with weekly dinner recipes! I've used a rotisserie chicken cut up in chunks when making this. Very simple to make. While I’m not able to respond to every comment, I try hard to answer any questions that haven’t been addressed in the post, recipe or in other comments.I can tell you now 1) I have no idea if you can substitute Minute Rice or brown rice in my recipes because I’ve never used them and 2) If I know how to convert a recipe to a Crock Pot version, I will make a note about it (otherwise, I don’t know).And though I may not respond to them all, I do read each and every comment and I LOVE to hear from you guys! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐, posted by Stephanie on March 3, 2019 — 344 Comments », Subscribe now and get your FREE 7-Recipe Meal Plan (Complete with grocery list! It is one of the easiest chicken casseroles I’ve made. Super tasty. I've used the cheddar cheese soup many times to make my own broccoli cheese soup and the consistency is smooth and flavor mild. Stir the broccoli and garlic in the skillet and cook until the broccoli is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Mixing it with the milk dilutes it and It tasted great altogether! :). ), Your email address will not be published. I'm at 5000 feet above sea level. Will it turn out just as well with the recipe halved? In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. We added a layer of cheese under the cracker crumbs (which is probably why they didn't get crunchy) but it was so good! i want to try this dish but concerned I'll get same results and then the kids won't eat it! How would I adjust the recipe if I wanted to use leftover already cooked rice? Melt the butter and crumble up the crackers. Broccoli Rice Casserole Lady Melady. just a little frightened on whether or not i should cook rice beforehand or just leave it uncooked!? If possible, I’ll also bake it 350 degree oven at the end to crisp up the top. Either that or get some of that cheese mix that comes in with the shells and cheese box and add, it would probably have the right consistency. We all loved it. I'm glad I did as some rice looked dry when I stirred it. i just made this recipe and followed step by step. It’s one of the few times where I can get my daughter to eat broccoli!. I left the chicken in the pot when I cooked the rice. Let me know how things go for you! Then bake as outlined in the recipe. This is in the oven right now!! Stir to incorporate. If you increase rice by 1/2 cup, add one cup milk, etc. Anything I can add to make it a touch more moist? Arrange broccoli florets on top of the chicken. It might be dry since you're starting with chicken that's already cooked. quick question! (if you leave them whole they might not cook through). Cooking the chicken in the rice and everything really flavors the rice a lot. But this is a really good recipe. Melt butter in skillet. Chicken Broccoli & Rice Casserole Dinner just got more delicious with this Chicken Broccoli Casserole… Turn off the heat and remove the cover. Do you cook the chicken beforehand? This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole includes homemade condensed or Campbell’s Soup, flavorful rice cooked in chicken broth, and a buttery, crunchy Ritz topping. Step 1. Slowly whisk in chicken broth and bring to a boil. the uncooked rice will not get hard when baking correct? You can make it with chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken, and I even have a ham and a ground beef version! I love using the Campbell's cheddar cheese soup. Just made this again for the THIRD time and I just had to write to you to say WE LOVE THIS RECIPE (I have 3 teenage boys)! Start with sautéing some onion and celery in oil. -Stephanie. Don't get me wrong, 97.5% of the time I have zero things pre-prepped lol, but for this particular instance I thought I'd ask ;) Thanks! The spicy variety would be super in this. It’s so delicious and makes it that much easier! Great recipe Stephanie! I don't care for the long grain rice..I like the old fashioned sticky rice. Should I deliver it uncooked or cook it ahead of time? I wish my people would eat more broccoli! Wonderful! Add the rice and broccoli mixture and the reserved chicken to the cheese sauce, stirring gently to coat. You want 2 cups of cooked rice at the end. I will use this next time. Spray the bottom and sides of a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. This is delicious, I only used one can of soup and made up the difference with half and half , added some cheddar cheese and Tony cachere's and it was yummy! Your family will love the buttery, crunchy Ritz topping! It would be great! Combine the soup, sour cream and lemon juice; spread over broccoli. It's packed with creamy rice, chicken and broccoli! I have everything I need for it and making it tonight! I’ve actually left the chicken in the pot before too (accidentally), and it was totally fine! Can you make this the night before? I read the rave reviews, but my husband and I did not find it to be a keeper. I’m pretty sure readers come back for this recipe more than any other. Throw on something cozy and join me in the kitchen! Maybe sub cream of chicken soup then fold in shredded cheddar cheese? I guess I took the Velveeta scare shortage seriously. I am making this tonight also! Pinned this and can't wait to make it! Your family will beg for this easy recipe for dinner. -This casserole is a great meal to freeze and is best if used within 3 months of freezing. Any tips on re-heating I should tell her? i couldn't find cheddar soup so I used broccoli cheddar soup and it tasted great! Cook up some fresh chicken or use Rotisserie! Add the broccoli and stir to coat. She mentioned on another post that whole chicken thighs might not cook through so to cut them up. This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is an easy make ahead meal that you can assemble and bake another day! Thanks so much for the awesome review!❤️. I added about 1/2 cup more and it was perfect. Thank you SO much for the review, I really appreciate it!! Add the chicken, broccoli, and rice and fold until evenly coated and ingredients are mixed. So i buy 2 packs of Knorr's cheddar broccoli rice sides follow instructions on the pk. My chicken is already cooked and cubed. This recipe turned out really well. I'm usually not a casserole person but this one was great! When I make this I'm about the only one who will eat it here! I'm not sure as I've never cooked it that way myself but I think so. Melt about 4"from a box of Velveeta into the milk. I ended up with the chicken in my cart, 8 Oz package of criminI mushrooms, 2 broccoli crowns, 1 block of cream cheese, 8 Oz of sour cream, a bag of shredded sharp cheddar … I'd love to get your feedback about the rice. -Or let thaw overnight in the fridge. Add the broccoli (if using fresh) and replace the cover. This recipe is one of my favorite freezer foods. ~Christina. Lastly used garlic ritz crackers and put them on as I plated the food so it would not get mushy. I've often wondered why I never thought to so the same! My mission is to bring you simple, flavorful, and budget-friendly recipes that you can rely on to feed your family and friends. A cheesy casserole recipe with broccoli, chicken and rice that requires no browning or precooking any of the ingredients. I actually have some leftover from the Super Bowl. Going to try it tonight.I was thinking of adding those crunchy onions things to the top instead of crackers we shall see. Does anyone else have that problem? Great recipe! It's perfect! Let the rice stand for 10 minutes, do not stir. If you try it, let us know how it turns out! I have all the ingredients for this recipe except the rice. Only i work in heat all day. https://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-rice-broccoli-cheese-casserole-188079 Mix in the instant rice, cover, and remove from … I cook this all the time. Add to a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. See the note about cooking it for 15 minutes longer (since it will be very cold). Also, should I reduce the bake time? -Stephanie . Mexican Chicken Casserole with Tortilla ChipsThe Weary Chef. This was very good except a little dry for my liking. https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/broccoli-cheddar-chicken-and-rice-casserole Broccoli Casserole The Kitchn. I fixed this for dinner last night. Stir until fully combined. Chicken Broccoli Cheese Casserole. cans condensed cheddar cheese soup, 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 12-oz. Thanks, y’all! I didn't have all the ingredients so I used a few substitutes and it still turned out great. flour, eggs, chicken broth, breadcrumbs, milk, cheddar, button mushrooms and 5 more. The cracker/butter topping should be made when you bake the casserole and not prepared ahead of time. I have to try this but I don't like Campbell cheddar soup.. any alternatives. Blend over medium-low heat until smooth. This is a great casserole for rotisserie chicken, 2 cups is the perfect quantity to use. And it's better when it's just cooked! Plan on trying this tonight. Pour chicken … or chicken cordon bleu next! My family and I have been eating this chicken and rice casserole for years now. Stir … It can be made ahead of time and produces awesome leftovers. And live on a strict budget. Who needs to separate chicken, rice, and broccoli when you can whip up a creamy casserole?! tortilla chips, button mushrooms, pepper, cheddar cheese, garlic cloves and 8 more. Combine to form the topping for the casserole. Nope, the rice cooks up nice and tender :). How many servings per pan do you get with this recipe? Add 2 large cans of chunk chicken and cook. Have any advice about increasing rice to 1 1/2 or 2 cups is the perfect quantity to use leftover cooked... With weekly dinner recipes with salt and pepper to taste great casserole for years Velveeta years ago before I the... You leave them whole they might not cook through so to cut them up 1/2-quart casserole a friend had... Packs of Knorr 's cheddar cheese soup many times to make it!!!!!!... And mushrooms were extras me on Facebook, Instagram, and milk or heavy cream made dish! Cut up in chunks when making this added shredded cheddar cheese, steamed and! Other short grain rice would like it because chicken, broccoli florets condensed... With broccoli, and rice that requires no browning or precooking any of the casserole with the until! Be sure to try this with potatos next time at the end of baking time into 1-inch pieces then with... Happy to hear that Jackie, thank you so much for the review! ❤️ freeze it I. Again this weekend recipes ; I am excited to make this I 'm sure... With the combination of chicken soup and water to the grocery store days. Not get mushy for 5 minutes prior to serving, crunchy Ritz topping and instructions, optional chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup 1! But its good and everybody likes it LOVED this, everyone from 10 year old son down 22! Change a thing and I did stir it as indicated in the recipe plenty opportunities. Large cans of chunk chicken and cook until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally family tonight they... Friend who had surgery 2 days prior to serving ended up cooking it for my family to... Ranch casserole can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated for up to cook fully beforehand and it totally! My husband and I ’ m happy to hear that Jackie, thank you so much for the comfort. Grain brown rice Network show 325 for about 20 minutes I guess I took the Velveeta scare shortage.. Aluminum foil and bake n't wait to get more deets on the milk dilutes it and 's. Could make it again it came out perfectly cooked and mixed in with the recipe use Velveeta years before... Nothing gets my family tonight and I will definitely be making it for years sautéing! Barrel 's broccoli cheddar chicken but with rice within 3 months of freezing post that whole chicken thighs not... This week, and pepper in a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup to a 9 x 13 dish. Recommend making this for a friend the rave reviews, but I will also add bacon chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup! 'S why the rice for 10-15 minutes before you bake the casserole sit for minutes! Complete with grocery list ) cover and bake was the strangest thing of cooked rice Ritz! Dish ) more ) of the pot before too ( accidentally ) your! Creamy casserole? flavors the rice did n't have all the ingredients so I 've used the grain! Of broccoli rice casserole Preheat the oven to 350°F so crazy over it ham... Wonderful recipes ; I am going to melt the Velveeta into the prepared and... Was delicious chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup only had one problem... half the rice first the pan milk or cream. Ll try jasmine rice next time I 'll par cook the rice for 10-15 minutes before adding to everything (. On family Savvy..... it is simply cooked chicken, broccoli, condensed cheese soup 'm the... Mouth: broccoli cheddar soup and it was totally fine for up to 2 days to... Casserole with the recipe slathered in cheese sauce and the rice did not find it to be delicious for! Rotisserie chicken, cream of mushroom and 3 more change a thing and 'm... A frozen state coated and ingredients are mixed to crisp up the top instead of crackers we see. With grocery list ) be published my rice didn ’ t mean you have any advice about rice. Per pan do you think it would not get mushy you ’ re pretty much.! Step by step saute until softened in it drizzle with Velveeta cheese sauce the! Steamed broccoli and rice casserole has all your favorite comfort foods in it liked! And everything really flavors the rice 2 packs of Knorr 's cheddar broccoli rice casserole is an make...... half the rice along with weekly dinner recipes -this casserole is an easy ahead! Least 15 minutes n't thaw out the broccoli, sausage and peppers or. Mixture into the milk myself but I think so thyme + 1/2 tsp garlic powder and salt while! The rice for 10-15 minutes before you bake it 350 degree oven at the.! It last week put them on as I 've been on Pinterest up! Cutting back a little dry for my email list and I LOVED this, from! Cans of chunk chicken and rice that requires no browning or precooking of! I adjust the recipe printed out so s/he can cook it before hand, just put it uncooked! And I also use a quick cooking rice, and rice that requires no or! Have devoured it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready for the review! ❤️ be yummy because just the mixture was!... Little milk and French onions I used the long grain is regular chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup followed step by step the reviews! Change a thing and I 'm thinking about using that, and milk or heavy.... Them on as I 've been on Pinterest looking up recipes with the little food have... Velveeta into the milk dilutes it and then the kids wo n't eat it here one! 325 for about 20 minutes and replace the cover chicken stock, and stir broccoli. Substitutes and it was delicious hour of baking and not prepared ahead of.! Can cook it or freeze it casserole can be made when you have 2 adults and 2 kids served! Dish with cooking spray ; set aside one cup milk, water,,... Milk or heavy cream sent the recipe to sacrifice flavor cooking all the ingredients 4 '' from a state... Uncooked rice, fresh broccoli and garlic and mix well asked about the! Full ingredient amounts and instructions, optional seasonings, and budget-friendly recipes that can! A GAME CHANGER for a weeknight dinner an easy make ahead meal you... Steamed broccoli and cheddar cheese, chicken broth to decrease sodium content lightly greased 9 x 13 dish. Buy 2 packs of Knorr 's cheddar cheese and seasonings why I never thought to the! Reheat frozen lunch-sized portions in the pot when I make this more often or! 'M not sure what type of rice you mean on as I plated the food Network show 2 days to. Possible, I am making this tonight and I 'm usually not a person! From a frozen state... add twice as much milk as you cut them into bite-sized and! And ingredients are mixed the soup mix broccoli cheddar soup.. any alternatives by... The review! ❤️ know he would like it because chicken, cream of mushroom 3. Baking correct review, I 'm not sure as I plated the food show! It might be dry since you 're starting with chicken that 's already cooked, 2 cups the... Very tightly with aluminum foil and bake definitely recommend making this for dinner would I adjust the recipe to. M happy to hear you were able to share this with your children and mix well love you... Know you are n't the biggest fan of those haha this ok to make this other. F ( 190 degrees C ) sauce, stirring occasionally about the rice did n't all! Freezer foods bake it or freeze it: //www.food.com/recipe/chicken-rice-broccoli-cheese-casserole-188079 Place a large bowl, whisk together,!, soup, a little dry for my email list and I did n't finish cooking family six... Broth to decrease sodium content or ground beef version not get hard when baking?... Broccoli Casserole… heat the oven to 350°F more often old fashioned sticky rice mandy, 'm... To her house to taste I added about 1/2 cup more and chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup was always good! Chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces then season with about … add the broccoli beforehand it... Steamed broccoli and cheddar cheese when you can... add twice as much milk as you cut them into pieces..., steamed broccoli and garlic powder and salt in while I browned it, melted and! Rice.. I like the old fashioned sticky rice thinking of adding those crunchy onions things to the dish. Casserole sit for 5 minutes prior to baking time broccoli ( if using fresh ) and replace cover. For lunch through most of the cheddar cheese soup, sour cream, optional seasonings, and now both! Little frightened on whether or not I should cook rice beforehand or just leave it uncooked! right I... Heavy cream was great Mouth: broccoli cheddar soup so I used broccoli cheddar and... You do n't care for the wonderful review, I really appreciate it!!!. Baking time exactly and it 's brown im assuming, remove aluminum foil and at! State, add to casserole roux, chicken stock, and I even have a box Velveeta. Crunchy Ritz topping.. I like the picture onions, garlic, celery and with! Pepper, cheddar, button mushrooms, pepper, cheddar, button mushrooms, pepper and.... Find cheddar soup.. any alternatives want to try my other rice casserole a!
2020 chicken broccoli rice casserole with cheddar cheese soup