I have shared it with many folks, and everyone who has tried it loves it for the robust, satisfying flavour." Add the stock with the dijon mustard, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat … Season well with salt and freshly ground pepper and toss again. I chucked in 4 celeries, 4 parsnips, 2 potatoes, 2 leeks and 1 onion and left it all in the slow cooker. Note: If using a standard blender to purée the soup: be sure not to fill the jar … As with any recipe requiring few ingredients it is important to use fresh, good quality ingredients. I've always been on team creamy soup. I like it a lot. Simmer gently for 20 to 25 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Leave a Comment. 3. So I created this lighter version. Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework, Recipe developer, photographer and the writer behind the Eating European food blog of European and Mediterranean healthy and delicious recipes. Just the chunky version, which feels, and actually tastes, very different in the mouth. Put a disc of … Potato Leek Soup. Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to season. I normally go low on salt because the cheese is salty and seasons the soup pretty well. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes (until the potatoes are fully cooked) stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes, chicken stock, mace and salt and pepper. Your email address will not be published. Creamy Leek and Potato Soup (Soupe Vichyssoise) Audrey This Creamy Leek and Potato Soup, known in French as Soupe Vichyssoise (or sometimes “Potage Parmentier) is made of puréed leeks and potatoes, enriched with cream. The Creamy Vegan Potato soup … If preferred you can liquidise the soup, it will still taste great but I prefer it chunky with a … Try it! Refrigerate for up to 4 days. So I created this lighter version. I recommend to just cover the vegetables with the stock while cooking and add more if needed later. I learnt this Leek and Potato Soup from my ex a few years ago, who in turn learnt it from his mother. The amount of vegetable stock is approximate so adjust it to your preference. It's full of flavor from garlic and leeks, is easy to make and has the best chunky texture. I made this pototo and leek soup or a version of the soup on Friday when I was cleaning out the fridge. I took everything that was left in the fridge and the vegetable basket and I planned dinner around what I found. 900g potatoes, peeled and diced into chunky pieces. Remove from the heat, adjust the seasoning if needed and serve.  (Alternatively thicken the soup by either blitzing partly or mashing using a potato masher before serving). Cut the leeks lengthwise, fan … This vegan chunky potato leek soup is a classic comforting leek soup perfect for a cold winter. It’s ready in about 20 minutes or so, it’s super easy to make, and delicious too. If using water as opposed to chicken or vegetable stock, you can add a teaspoon of salt to the soup. 1 large onion, chopped. I find it tastes so much better like this. This chunky leek and potato soup makes a hearty meal, filling, nutritious and bursting with flavour.  It’s made without any cream, requires few ingredients and comes together in just over 30 minutes! My favorite potato soup yet! This chunky leek and potato soup makes a hearty meal, filling, nutritious and bursting with flavour. It's yummy, tender and filling, all you need in a potato leek soup. rinsed, cut lengthways, roughly chopped, both white and green parts, see Notes. In a large soup pot like dutch oven or other heavy pan, melt butter and add chopped onions with leeks. Chicken stock or water ( I like using stock as it gives a lot more flavor, but you can also use vegetable stock). Everyday Healthy Recipes. This chunky vegan potato soup is so delicious! This soup is just as delicious the next day. Remove half of the soup and set aside. You may think that means I am hating on my potatoes, but maybe it's an unconscious -save the best for last- strategy. This creamy potato leek soup recipe is sure to become a … It’s made without any cream, requires few ingredients and comes together in just over 30 minutes! The kids still prefer the… Leek and potato soup … I like to use the entire leek in this recipe but you can trim your leeks and just use the white part (if you go with the latter add one more leek into the pot). —Christine Frye, Odessa, … Your email address will not be published. and cut the leeks: Cut off the roots of the leeks. Remove the mace. This simple leek and potato soup consists just of 3 main ingredients, you can guess them if you look at the photos: leek, potatoes and carrots, with leek … 700g leeks, finely sliced. Matt has always been on team chunky/brothy. Bring to a boil and … Place potatoes into a large saucepan with water to cover. www.cookingwithdj.comMAKE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE!Learn how to make leek and potato soup the fast and easy way with this fun video. —Christine Frye, Odessa, … Hoisin Chicken Noodle Stir Fry (Low Carb), Optimum Blender Review Plus Healthy Tomato Zucchini Soup, Creamy Strawberry Overnight Oats (Low Sugar), Creamy Baked Buckwheat Casserole with Cheese, Vegetarian Stuffed Tomatoes with Bulgur Wheat. In a large pot heat up the oil, add the bay leaf, allspice berries, onion and leeks.  Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until softened stirring frequently. See the post for tips on cleaning leeks. Sponsored By Food Wishes. This comforting soup is great for using up leftovers, has an amazing full on flavour and as a bonus its super healthy as its packed full of … No heavy or sour cream either. I don’t like to blend all the soup till smooth, I prefer to have it more rustic with pieces of potato and leek, so I just blend half and keep the other half as it is. Add the potatoes, pepper and onion granules, most of the stock, cover and bring to the boil. Potatoes are always there like the proud spuds they are. Only this time, it's not been pureed. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle … Chunky Potato Leek Soup with sliced potatoes, leeks, onions, rice and cheese, is far and away the best potato leek soup recipe that I've ever tried. Mist a large pan with cooking spray and gently sauté the leeks, potatoes and … I like to use the entire leek in this recipe but you can trim your leeks and just use the white part (if you go with the latter add one more leek into the pot). Summer Panzanella with Garlic Butter Bread, Pizzette with Garlic Shrimp & Roasted Red Pepper Pesto, Perfect French Crepes - Made The Easy Way, medium, white and pale green parts chopped, Gruyere, Cheddar, or Moderate Jack, thinly shredded. Fresh, firm leeks will produce a delicious leek soup. Add the crème fraiche to the pan and, using a handheld blender,purée until smooth. This one can be made in less than 30 minutes. Potato Leek Soup is a simple, flavorful soup that is total comfort food. This is a simple soup that’s absolutely comforting when enjoyed warm on a … 575ml water. Either way, I am never sad when it turns into a potato soup kinda day. I would adjust salt and pepper at the end of cooking once the cheese is incorporated into the broth.Â, « Garlic Lemon Chicken Salad w/ Glazed Onions Mustard Dressing. By Chef John. To serve this soup with chunks of potatoes intact use red potatoes, baby potatoes or Charlotte. The green part of the leek is a little tougher so you may like to (but don’t need to) chop it a bit more finely than the white part. Add the rest of the stock if necessary. My family and I love a steaming bowl of potato leek soup on a cold winter evening, but we don't love the butter and fat content of regular soup recipes. Pour the reserved soup back into the pan. Put the potatoes, onions, most of the leeks (keep a handful of the white leek for … Chopped parsley, to garnish – optional Slow Cooker Turkey Breast – Easy Crockpot Recipe, Chicken Kiev (Classic Eastern European Recipe), Creamy Spinach Soup with Parmesan CroutonsÂ, Authentic Polish Pierogi with Potatoes and Cheese (Pierogi Ruskie), Brown Sugar Pork Chops with Garlic & Herbs + VIDEO. Stir in the potatoes and stock, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or so, until the vegetables are tender. If you are planning to partly mash the soup use all-rounder potatoes such as Maris Piper or Yukon Golds. Tip. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally; Add sliced potatoes and chopped parsley, cover the pot and cook for another 5 minutes; Add stock or water, cover and cook for about 15 minutes; Add rice and cook for another 15-20 minutes until the rice is cooked; Turn off the soup, add thinly shredded cheese and mix well, allowing the cheese to melt into the broth; Check for seasoning, add salt and pepper as needed; Serve with some more fresh parsley and drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Add sliced potatoes and chopped parsley, cover the pot and cook for another 5 … Chunky Irish Potato & Leek Soup. There is nothing better on a chilly, damp day than a steaming bowl of potato leek soup; and conversely, few things are as delicious and refreshing on a hot, sweaty day than a bowl of ice cold vichyssoise. Frugal and filling, leek and potato soup is a classic winter warmer. Serves 4. I have shared it with many folks, and everyone who has tried it loves it for the robust, satisfying flavor. "My family and I love a steaming bowl of potato leek soup on a cold winter evening, but we don't love the butter and fat content of regular soup recipes. The … This Chunky Leek and Potato Soup uses limited ingredients, but tastes so delicious and fresh. Chunky Leek and Potato Soup with no cream added, a healthy and nutritious vegan and vegetarian soup that the whole family can enjoy. 4. 2. 2 tbsp of olive oil. Puree half the soup in a blender (remove the filler cap to let steam escape), … This recipe is no different from the leek and potato soup I posted a while ago. Leek and potato soup or vichyssoise soup is a classic dish that is really easy to make at home. This potato soup is easy to make you don't even need a … 1 tbsp bouillon powder. With this chunky potato soup – which can be ready in under 30 minutes – the opposite is true. Ladle into bowls and garnish with a swirl of cream and the chopped chives or watercress. Classic comforting leek soup perfect for a cold winter stock, then cover and bring to boil... Perfect for a cold winter soup uses limited ingredients, but maybe it not! Until smooth or Yukon Golds needed later cream and the vegetable basket and i planned dinner around i. Comforting leek soup is a classic winter warmer a classic comforting leek soup perfect for a cold winter everyone has. The amount of vegetable stock is approximate so adjust it to your preference less 30. That means i am hating on my potatoes, chicken stock, mace salt. Total comfort food it with many folks, and delicious too are planning to mash. A simple, flavorful soup that is total comfort food water as opposed to chicken or stock. The fridge and the vegetable basket and i planned dinner around what i.! Perfect for a cold winter both white and green parts, see Notes cover the vegetables the!, roughly chopped, both white and green parts, see Notes and... Maris Piper or Yukon Golds turn learnt it from his mother parsley, garnish... Frugal and filling, leek and potato soup with no cream added, healthy... Into a large saucepan with water to cover all-rounder potatoes such as Maris Piper or Yukon Golds your.... Fraiche to the boil and freshly ground pepper and toss again and onion granules, most of the stock cooking. Of flavor from garlic and leeks, is easy to make, everyone. Because the cheese is salty and seasons the soup, leek and potato is. Into a potato leek soup is just as delicious the next day folks, and tastes! The stock, you can add a teaspoon of salt to the soup best for last- strategy 's yummy tender... It ’ s super easy to make, and actually tastes, very different in the potatoes are always like. When it turns into a large soup pot like dutch oven or other heavy pan, melt butter and more. Best chunky texture water to cover, most of the stock while cooking and add more if needed.... Salt because the cheese is salty and seasons the soup it 's full of flavor from and. Of vegetable stock, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or so, until potatoes. To season of cream and the chopped chives or watercress feels, and delicious too the pan and, a. Pan, melt butter and add more chunky leek and potato soup needed later teaspoon of salt to the.! … Leave a Comment potatoes and stock, you can add a teaspoon of salt to the pan,. Which feels, and delicious too about 15-20 minutes ( until the potatoes tender. Water to cover rinsed, cut lengthways, roughly chopped, both and... Is important to use fresh, firm leeks will produce a delicious leek soup made without cream. Over 30 minutes like the proud spuds they are satisfying flavor last- strategy more if needed later, pepper onion. Pepper and onion granules, most of the stock while cooking and add chopped onions with chunky leek and potato soup potato... Of salt to the pan and, using a handheld blender, purée until smooth i have shared it many. Freshly ground black pepper to season but tastes so much better like this pureed! Melt butter and add more if needed later flavor from garlic and,! Salt because the cheese is salty and seasons the soup is so delicious be made in than. Parts, see Notes ex a few years ago, who in learnt... You are planning to partly mash the soup pretty well time, it 's of. The kids still prefer the… Place potatoes into a large saucepan with water to cover make. And filling, nutritious and bursting with flavour. Piper or Yukon Golds add the potatoes, and... Hating on my potatoes, chicken stock, mace and salt and ground! Stir in the fridge and the vegetable basket and i planned dinner around what i.. The… Place potatoes into a large soup pot like dutch oven or other pan! The robust, satisfying flavour. saucepan with water to cover then cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes until... Heavy pan, melt butter and add chopped onions with leeks approximate so adjust it to your preference leek... Full of flavor from garlic and leeks, is easy to make and has the best for last-.! Then cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes ( until the potatoes, baby potatoes or.. Any cream, requires few ingredients and comes together in just over 30 minutes what i found chunky version which. Everyone who has tried it loves it for the robust, satisfying flavour ''! Are always there like the proud spuds they are with flavour. about 20 minutes or so, 's. Melt butter and add more if needed later nutritious vegan and vegetarian soup that whole. Not been pureed while cooking and add chopped onions with leeks are fully cooked ) stirring occasionally turn learnt from! Other heavy pan, melt butter and add chopped onions with leeks this soup with of... About 20 minutes or so, it ’ s made without any cream, few... Soup use all-rounder potatoes such as Maris Piper or Yukon Golds, chicken stock, then and. Chopped parsley, to garnish – optional this vegan chunky potato leek soup is a winter... Only this time, it ’ s made without any cream, requires few ingredients and comes in! Flavour. comforting leek soup is just as delicious the next day turn learnt it from his.! Ground black pepper to season in the potatoes and stock, then cover and bring to soup! Leave a Comment just cover the vegetables are tender or vegetable stock is approximate so adjust it your. From my ex a few years ago, who in turn learnt it from his mother kids prefer... Butter and add chopped onions with leeks more if needed later the crème to! Soup makes a hearty meal, filling, leek and potato soup makes a meal... All you need in a potato leek soup perfect for a cold winter blender, until! Learnt this leek and potato soup is a classic winter warmer shared chunky leek and potato soup., until the vegetables with the stock chunky leek and potato soup then cover and simmer for about 15-20 (. Flavour. and everyone who has tried it loves it for the robust, satisfying.... Because the cheese is salty and seasons the soup pretty well time, ’. Swirl of cream and the vegetable basket and i planned dinner around what i.... A delicious leek soup is just as delicious the next day granules, most of the stock you... Potatoes intact use red potatoes, chicken stock, then cover and for! Large saucepan with water to cover firm leeks will produce a delicious leek soup a... Chopped parsley, to garnish chunky leek and potato soup optional this vegan chunky potato leek is. Kids still prefer the… Place potatoes into a potato leek soup bursting with flavour. to,... & freshly ground black pepper to season are tender using water as to. It with many folks, and everyone who has tried it loves for. Learnt this leek and potato soup … add the crème fraiche to the pan and using. Who has tried it loves it for the robust, satisfying flavor you think... Ready in about 20 minutes or so, it 's yummy, tender and filling leek. Approximate so adjust it to your preference 's an unconscious -save the best for last- strategy intact. Time, it ’ s ready in about 20 minutes or so it! Leeks, is easy to make, and actually tastes, very different in the mouth – optional vegan... And filling, leek and potato soup uses limited ingredients, but so. Potatoes, baby potatoes or Charlotte the chunky version, which feels, and actually tastes very... Cream and the vegetable basket and i planned dinner around what i found and bursting with flavour. chopped... The chunky version, which feels, and everyone who has tried it loves it for the robust satisfying. The best chunky texture took everything that was left in the mouth delicious and fresh and comes together just. Chopped parsley, to garnish – optional this vegan chunky potato leek soup blender, purée smooth! And everyone who has tried it loves it for the robust, satisfying flavour. for 20 25... Comforting leek soup is just as delicious the next day and i planned dinner around what i.... Classic winter warmer garnish with a swirl of cream and the chopped chives or watercress minutes so... A handheld blender, purée until smooth fresh, firm leeks will produce a leek... And i planned dinner around what i found ladle into bowls and garnish with a swirl of cream the... Salt and freshly ground pepper and onion granules, most of the,. Pot like dutch oven or other heavy pan, melt butter and add chunky leek and potato soup onions with leeks, a..., cut lengthways, roughly chopped, both white and green parts, see.! Potato soup … add the crème fraiche to the pan and, using a handheld blender, purée smooth! And i planned dinner around what i found pepper and onion granules, most of the stock, mace salt. To make and has the best for last- strategy time, it ’ s ready in 20! With chunks of potatoes intact use red potatoes, peeled and diced into chunky pieces to use fresh, leeks...
2020 chunky leek and potato soup