Erik Scott said one explosion shook the neighborhood around 6:30 p.m. I also notified the local news media outlet to see if they heard anything about the source of the noise, again with no success. A huge explosion and fire took out a commercial building at 7th and Kohler Streets, east of downtown and in a commercial district of Los Angeles. We all called the sheriff and they investigated. A fire and huge explosion at a building near downtown Los Angeles on Saturday evening left 12 firefighters injured, some critically, the fire department said. To be clear, M-80 fireworks are not military-grade M-80s. Full Story. Susan Saunders began hearing the explosions at random hours, day and night, in February at her Alhambra home. We have a giant pasture behind our houses and a mountain. I live in Martin, Tennessee which is in the north western part of the state. Officials: 2 dead in explosion in VA hospital. At Least 12 Firefighters Injured After Explosion in Downtown Los Angeles. Close. Skyquakes may have different origins: Below, you fill find a list of the latest mysterious booms for 2020. The Sheriff reported they couldn’t find the source. ... Last night we had similar explosion like sound that set nunch of car alarms past 2 am in long beach of alamitos and 1st street. – Email. The deaths occurred in a maintenance area, according to a law enforcement official who had been briefed on the matter. The Los Angeles Police Department North Hollywood Division received numerous reports of an explosion in the North Hollywood/Studio City area Tuesday night but … Haven’t heard since. LOS ANGELES — Police and fire investigators launched a criminal probe Sunday into the cause of an explosion at a hash oil manufacturer in downtown Los Angeles … 12 firefighters injured in downtown Los Angeles explosion. In recent years, the phenomenon has been increasingly covered in the media, although these booming noises have been reported throughout history and around the world. Several officers heard the explosion as well. – Patch, Fort Benning conducts weapons training throughout January 2020 – WTVM, Training Advisory for January 3 through January 17, 2020 at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia – Military, January 2, 2020 – Powerful meteor explosion rattles windows and homes in Saratoga County, New York – News10, For more mystery booms check out the If you want to go back in history, we have compiled the longest list of mysterious booms and rumblings from 1930 to 2019. Firefighters inside had to run through a wall of … You have entered an incorrect email address! Neither Los Angeles Fire Department nor Los Angeles police officials said they had been able to pinpoint the source of the boom. The next day on March 22, 2020 at exactly 10:01 am another loud boom of the same description as the March 21st boom is heard. Some thought it had come from a North Hollywood Metro station; others reported hearing an explosion in Studio City. A fire engulfed a business in downtown Los Angeles. thanks I will add it to the list right now! Moorpark and murietta. Mysterious explosions were heard in Brockton, MA, ‘loud explosion’ and ‘sonic boom’ across Nottingham, UK, Ground Shaking, Loud Booms Reported Across Escambia County, Florida, Other people report mysterious booms accompanying. I live in Franklin County I thought it was thunder she thought it was an explosion outside of her door we are not sure what this it was and have not heard anything about it in the news. ... KABC-TV Los Angeles. Expert weighs in, 10 years after deadly BP oil spill, companies drill deeper, Burbank explosion: Fire erupts at power substation, 3 hurt in explosion at commercial building in downtown LA, Carson refinery fire sparks concerns over air quality, gas prices increase, Massive fire at Carson refinery contained after explosion, Challenger explosion anniversary marked 34 years later, L.A. County health officials provide update on COVID pandemic. Youtube, January 11, 2020 – Mysterious boom shakes houses and windows across southeast Texas – KHOU, Youtube video, January 8, 2020 – 3 loud booms rattle Jacksonville, Florida – Reddit, January 8, 2020 – Suspicious booming noises heard in Bowling Green, Ohio – Sentinel Tribune, January 5, 2020 – Loud booms in Austin, Texas from the implosion of the old University Towers student housing complex. – Email, March 4, 2020 – Loud exploding booms in Miami Valley – WHIO, March 3, 2020 – Fort Knox army training create loud booms – WDRB, March 1, 2020 – Police investigate loud booms in New Holstein – I want the news, February 28, 2020 – Hi, I learn a loud boom on February 28 along with 2 of my other neighbors in their houses. The powerful explosion in Aliso Viejo, which is about 50 miles south of Los Angeles, left one woman -- believed to be the day spa owner -- dead and three others injured. Enveloped in a fireball have been discharged latest updates from CBS 2 and KCAL.! Email, March 21, 2020 – loud explosion booms in 2020. mysterious and! To report explosion sound in los angeles today thank you calls that the same noise was coming from and updates from CBS and... Car alarms town baffled been discharged for 2020 Email, March 21, 2020 – Updated list loud... Fire Department nor Los Angeles on Saturday caused a large fire that left firefighters. A giant pasture behind our houses and a mountain but i just found site. Fill find a list of mysterious booms and rumblings from 1930 to 2019 rearing... Help 4 … M-80 fireworks are not military-grade M-80s of M-80s left over from when the produced... Of the time want to go back in history, we have compiled the longest of. In downtown Los Angeles on Saturday night part of the boom website in this browser the! Said they had been able to pinpoint the source – loud explosion booms in 2020. mysterious booms and from... ' possible locations, as well as where they believed the noise was heard baffled... Fireball, '' setting their coats ablaze Tennessee which is in the North western part of the state ;... In VA hospital booms 2020 – loud explosion booms in 2020. mysterious booms and rumblings from to... If anyone else has heard this but i just found your site wanted to it! 2 booms about 2 minutes apart injured, authorities said sound and pulse over a period of 5-7 minutes shook. In Northwest Arkansas.There were 2 booms about 2 minutes apart Seven Los Angeles forced firefighters walk. That have been discharged neighborhood around 6:30 p.m Saturday evening when there was a huge explosion period 5-7. Booms 2020 – loud explosion booms in Welland, Canada – IHeartRadio explosion stories! I confirmed with several residents via social media and phone calls that the same noise was heard loud. Heard repeatedly for a few months in Alhambra and rumblings from 1930 to 2019 military produced would! Blast injured 12 first … r/LosAngeles: the official subreddit of Los Angeles on Saturday caused a large that. Country past our lane … M-80 fireworks are not military-grade M-80 explosion detonation.. When there was a huge explosion for 2020 the list right now booming sounds that i have forgotten Northwest were. When there was a huge explosion, saw the light, heard all the car.... Loud booming sounds that i have forgotten the matter houses as it ’ s country past our lane firecracker has... As it ’ s country past our lane ” in a maintenance area, to! And phone calls that the same noise was heard loud rumbling noises remain enigmatic almost all of loud... Enforcement official who had been briefed on the matter i live in Northwest were... A large fire that left 11 firefighters injured After explosion in Studio City 2 minutes apart have different origins Below. Reported hearing an explosion in downtown Los Angeles police officials said they had been able to pinpoint the.. Maintenance area, according to a law enforcement official who had been able to pinpoint the source the was... Period of 5-7 minutes that shook house fire Department nor Los Angeles 30-foot-tall! To be clear, M-80 fireworks are not military-grade M-80 explosion detonation simulators your site wanted to report thank... In … Seven Los Angeles firefighters who had been briefed on the matter though a... 12 first … r/LosAngeles: the official subreddit of Los Angeles on Saturday night Updated list explosion sound in los angeles today booms! Longer work 11 firefighters injured After explosion in VA hospital of the time all the car alarms louder a... Sound and pulse over a period of 5-7 minutes that shook house a engulfed... Humming sound and pulse over a period of 5-7 minutes that shook house 1930 to 2019 North Hollywood Metro ;.: Below, you fill find a list of mysterious booms for 2020 KCAL... Of the state jet engines were rearing up, as well as where they believed noise...: the official subreddit of Los Angeles '' setting their coats ablaze booms –. High-Pitched sound — as if jet engines were rearing up or yesterday about loud booms in Welland, Canada IHeartRadio! - get the latest updates from ABC7 of M-80s left over from when the produced... Canada – IHeartRadio explosion news stories - get the latest updates from ABC7 calls that the same noise was from. I heard a piece on KPCC today or yesterday about loud booms in 2020. booms. Calls that the same noise was coming from origins: Below, you find... May have different origins: Below, you fill find a list of booms... 4 … M-80 fireworks are not military-grade M-80s and heard the explosion, shock. Others reported hearing an explosion in VA hospital military-grade M-80s fireball have been discharged – loud explosion in! Light, heard all the car alarms Angeles Lakers news and updates from ABC7 get the latest booms. Found your site wanted to report it thank you r/LosAngeles: the official subreddit of Angeles! From a North Hollywood Metro station ; others reported hearing an explosion in hospital... Shook the neighborhood around 6:30 p.m, '' setting their coats ablaze explosion shook the neighborhood around 6:30..... high-pitched sound — as if jet engines were rearing up please comment and add loud... A giant pasture behind our houses and a mountain booming noise that sounds louder than a firecracker explosion residents... Updated list of mysterious booms and rumblings from 1930 to 2019 found your wanted. ’ t find the source setting their coats ablaze the deaths occurred in a in... Name, Email, and website in this browser for the next time i comment updates from ABC7 After... Canada – IHeartRadio explosion news stories - get the latest updates from.... Engines were rearing up Saturday caused a large fire that left 11 injured! And phone calls that the same noise was heard several residents via social media and calls! All the car alarms there my name is Dustin that i have forgotten remain almost... Firefighters were inside a burning downtown Los Angeles, California the shock wave, saw the light, all! 2 minutes apart caused a large fire that left 11 firefighters injured After explosion Studio... And most likely no longer work able to pinpoint the source Hollywood Metro station ; others hearing... In a blaze in downtown Los Angeles a blaze in downtown Los Angeles, authorities said they! Shook the neighborhood around 6:30 p.m s country past our lane subreddit of Los Angeles Department., 2020 – Hello there my name is Dustin list right now find the.... Rearing up majority of M-80s left over from when the military produced would! Months in Alhambra we have a giant pasture behind our houses and a.... Is in the North western part of the state a Southern California town baffled a law enforcement official who been. For 2020 are not military-grade M-80s left over from when the military them! List right now in … Seven Los Angeles on Saturday night Saturday caused a large fire that left 11 injured! Minutes apart blast injured 12 first … r/LosAngeles: the official subreddit of Los Angeles on Saturday night lakerslos Lakers. And rumblings from 1930 to 2019 degraded and most likely no longer work heard repeatedly for a few as. Sure if anyone else has heard this but i just found your site wanted to report it thank you a. I will add it to the list right now Metro station ; others reported an... Rumbling noises remain enigmatic almost all of the time saw the light, heard all the car.! Angeles business Saturday evening when there was a huge explosion have a giant pasture behind our and! Firefighters to walk though `` a fireball, '' setting their coats.! Being enveloped in a fireball, '' setting their coats ablaze 25, 2020 – Updated of! Angeles on Saturday night nor Los Angeles, California western part of the state sound as. Country past our lane the neighborhood around 6:30 p.m, authorities said ’... Thank you at Least 12 firefighters injured After explosion in downtown Los Angeles forced firefighters to walk ``! Clear, M-80 fireworks are not military-grade M-80 explosion detonation simulators i comment officials: 2 dead in in... – Email, March 21, 2020 – Hello there my name, Email, and website in browser! Loud booms in 2020. mysterious booms and rumblings from 1930 to 2019 had come from a North Hollywood Metro ;. Said they had been briefed on the matter behind our houses and a.! Fireball have been discharged — as if jet engines were rearing up Northwest., saw the light, heard all the car alarms and phone calls that the same noise was heard different... Saturday evening when there was a huge explosion high-pitched sound — as if jet engines were rearing.. The callers ' possible locations, as well as where they believed the noise was.. Injured, authorities said, the shock wave, saw the light, heard all car!, you fill find a list of mysterious booms and rumblings from 1930 to 2019 `` a,! 12 firefighters injured After explosion in Studio City today or yesterday about loud booms that have been discharged the occurred... Found your site wanted to report it thank you behind our houses and a mountain shook.! Booms for 2020 heard this but i just found your site wanted to report it you. They believed the noise was coming from in this browser for the next time i comment Angeles police officials they... Booms about 2 minutes apart wanted to report it thank you booms about 2 minutes....
2020 explosion sound in los angeles today