From the specs sheet, no Knowles BA drivers can go lower than 200hz, but the Audiosense T800 uses the exact same 31618 bass dual woofer driver and achieve a very authoritative bass performance with a chunky impactful slam. THE SO-SO: Not very exciting to listen too, not as crisp as we could expect, lack of separation between sub and mid-bass, timbre lack a bit of texture, a rather intimate soundstage. TREBLE isn’t as full and balanced as FA9, making the T800 strangely W shape compared to flatter FA9, the attack is more aggressive and micro-details are pushed more forwards too in upper high which can be problematic for treble sensitive people, the FA9 has a more natural treble that does not color as much the sound. Priced 500$, the FA9 enter a very competitive price range where I became more severe to judge the benefits return it gives. I would like to thank FiiO for providing me with the FH7 IEMs and LC-2.5D balanced cable … Fiio FH7 versus iBasso IT04: The iBasso IT04 has in general a transparent and neutral tonality, while the FiiO FH7 is also quite transparent but shows slightly more warmth. It’s polished without sounding tamed or blanked. BASS is notably more boosted with T800, it has more slam and weight and will even please basshead while the FA9 is more controlled and well separated but lack a bit of punch. ( Log Out /  I found the FA9 to sound more open and lively when using 32ohm impedance with a powerful DAP, while it’s brighter-shoutier at low impedance. Tough with high sensitivity the sound can be a little brighter, it’s never rough or aggressive, the bass extension for BA is very well controlled and quite realist, and perhaps among the more natural one I heard in muli-BA whatever price range, but it’s not particularly impactful in mid-bass punch but very thigh in control. I'm extremely happy with my FH7's and the LC-RE cable. Transparency is another impressive aspect of FA9, it permits to have good articulation and separation as well as a good sense of deepness. They aren’t particularly thick, but far from thin too due to a lush airiness to them that make them well extracted from rest of music. What makes the FH7 so special is its exciting, all-rounder tuning guided by two tenets. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. I will repeat myself here that the bass doesn’t interfere at all with mid-range so it’s always ultra-crisp and what impress is how this sharp presence isn’t offensive and keep a mellow lushness, offering sweet vocal without lipsy texture or awkward sibilance. The sound is smooth and warm until mid and high treble which adds a hint of brightness that mixes organically with the sound spectrum, not unbalancing tonal fluidity by extracting too much texture details in the upper register. Gear used: Xduoo X20 (balanced and unbalanced), Ibasso DX90, X20+JDS LAB Atom, Xduoo X3, Tempotec V1+Audirect Beam2 (favorite pairing is with Ibasso DX90). It might just feel like you are missing something because the m11 is a pretty neutral player and the fh5 is pretty dang close to neutral to imo. Every instrument benefit of this clarity and while the soundstage isn’t the biggest, the FA9 will never struggle to deal with busy tracks. Ultimately, I decided to keep the FH7's...they sound amazing! Timbre will never aggress you with unwanted grain or fuzzy density, it’s natural yet very polished. Nu o sa detaliez de ce am eliminat FA9 din ecuatie, insa in mare cam acelasi motiv pentru care am renuntat la FH7. Final B1 In-Ear Monitor Review. Don’t get me wrong, it’s wide enough, but not very tall and slightly deeper than all the rest so you have a rather intimate presentation in the end. While the sound switch system does tweak the sound a little, I feel ear tips are even more influential. Unlike some other UIEM, the nozzle length is both enough long and small in circumference so you don’t have issues finding the right ear tips. The IEM is quite light due to both housing and drivers’ low weight. Gökhan AYDIN 14 January 2020 23 January 2020. The construction is extremely similar, using the same resin plastic but a bigger housing. The FH7 is a Flagship 5-Driver (1DD + 4BAs) Hybrid In-Ear Monitors which features a 13.6mm super-large beryllium diaphragm dynamic driver and Knowles composite BA driver DFK & SWFK-31736丨3 pairs of interchangeable DIY sound filters丨silicon eartips SpinFit CP145, etc. Knowles permit to tune the sound with different filter material, some will overly affect attack sharpness. Best sound ever? Gökhan AYDIN 18 May 2020. Another particularity of FA9 acoustic engineering is the inner tube design that are connected to BA and acts like passive tuning, these earphones use the longest tube ever done for connecting the bass BA to the nozzle end, at 80.6mm of length it’s very puzzling to wonder how they do to fit it in rather small housing of FA9, it permits to avoid interference with other BA and condense the bass so it became amplify and more powerful. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Disclaimer. First of all, the driver housing fo the FH5 is a bit larger than the SE425. FiiO FH5 vs FiiO FH7 Comparison Review FIT. And judging from photos alone, you can already tell that the FA7 is the more ergonomic design. However, the FA9 has another trick up its sleeve. To some extend, FA9 is unpredictable and finding myself banging on ”BB” from SHYGIRL is a great example of how the sub-bass can gain authority when needed, it’s presence with the digital bass instrument is pretty intense and feel like having a sub stock in the back of your head, all this without affecting vocal crispness and melody line clarity. Timbre is a hint liquid and polished in upper mids so you got a high level of clarity that is very polite. Sure, with Boosted Highs switch ON, the tone of highs are brighter and more forward, but it’s never to the point of creating unbalance and feel rather flat as a whole, only very few time I heard upper highs resonance that was a little trebly. It really feels tolt, but as I feel the FA9 benefit from the balanced output, it would have been incredible to have the FIIO modular cable included, even if it makes the price 50$ more. It's all there, but seems recessed or something. FiiO FH7 vs Final Audio B3-Final Audio B3 is one of the IEMs that's less talked about, but it is the most direct competitor to FH7, as it has a fairly similar signature, but a different design, and comes from a company that follows an entirely different philosophy from FiiO. In fewer words, the FA9 offer an organic clean sound that fully cover all frequencies range without really coloring the sound apart from little bass and treble bump when you listen to them for the first time you aren’t hit with any particular emphasis but rather slowly immerse into a fascinating life-like sound experience. product: https://audio46.com/products/fiio-fh7-hybrid-driver-in-ear-monitor Worth all the hype? The cable is a little cumbersome and thick but has a changeable jack so you can use both 2.5mm balanced and 3.5mm unbalanced connection. The FA9 is an impressive upgrade on the FA7, no doubt about that. I didn’t get nearly as much sound isolation from the FH5. The FA9 delivers impressively thigh and realist percussions and drum rolling that will sure make smiling jazz lovers. The FA9 uses a medical-grade resin plastic of very high quality, which is smooth and easy for the ears. Fiio FA9; Fiio LC-RE 2 MMCX; Fiio LC-RE 0.78 2pin; Fiio LS-2.5D; Fiio LS-3.5D; Fiio LS-4.4D; Fiio LT-TC1; SoundMagic . These are flagship balanced armature that are very costly, for example, the 31736 sells between 70$ to about 40$ when bought in high quantity. Like the FA9, it’s tuneable, but by changing nozzle filters instead of using a switch. The cable appears similar to that included with the FA7 but is noticeably more flexible if not quite as nice as the higher-end FA9, FH5 and FH7 units. $449. These two are equal in a lot of ways with a similar price, standard of build quality, and accessory set. (Note: This comparion credit to Soundnews, if you would like to read the full review, just click the following button) FH7 vs FA7. TIMBRE has great transparency, a nuanced and subtle texture and a nice sense of 3D density that do not have the disadvantage of opaque thickness. Only 11 left in stock - order soon. CONS: Treble brightness, coherency not the best with stock cable, upgrade cable makes a notable difference. I also was NOT impressed with the FA9's, they just sounded bad to me (imp they have a very weird sound) no matter how I adjusted the switches. Not really because overall tonality, technicalities and timbre stay the same, it’s just about little boosting or taming of certain frequencies range here. BASS is lighter, slightly faster, and a hint more textured, mid-bass isn’t as punchy and weighty and lower extension lack naturalness and fullness of FH7. In terms of accessories, I personally prefer the 8cores copper litz cable included with T800 even if construction doesn’t feel as durable, as a whole, again, FIIO is unbeatable for packaging and accessories. FiiO FH7. But does that mean they conquer all? FH7 is the king of the hybrids in FiiO’s stable, and has been a regular recommendation for a good IEM in the $500 region. FA9 will hope to be the usurper. ( Log Out /  Sound is more clean, organic and nuanced with fluid transparency. Design – FiiO FH5 vs Shure SE425 Comparison Review Driver Housings . Did it mean it’s like owning 8 different IEM? All in all, while I still find the T800 more fun, immersive and energic, I can still conclude that FA9 is technically superior in every aspect but soundstage here. It uses an MMCX interface and high-purity SPC conductors with a high strand count. SoundMAGIC HP1000 HiFi Over-Ear Professional Studio Headphones; SoundMagic E80C; SoundMagic ES20BT; SoundMagic P22BT; ... Fiio FH7. The low-end is big for a BA driver though I have to say, I still have a preference for their hybrid dynamic driver tuning from the FH7. It really feels like FIIO tries to tune the FA9 to please everybody (or offend nobody) and put the tuning switch to be sure bass and treble lover can have extra enjoyment, so it’s not a bright or warm IEM but a Lukewarm one. When I was reviewing the FA7 I had the feeling of “almost there”, “almost perfect”, everything would start with “almost”, they were really nice, outstanding even on some parts but not extraordinary, they still had some quirks. Instead, we have well-layered transparency, full highs presentation that offers nuanced timbre and nice extra shimmer in upper highs that offer a full extension to percussion, harpsichord or violin. The level of comfort and sound isolation is fantastic. Anyway, all in all, both construction, comfort, and accessories are better with FA9. Ultimately, I decided to keep the FH7's...they sound amazing! It follows the same tonal smoothening that offer an organic feel to the sound but it’s the most energic aspect of FA9 musicality nonetheless. The FIIO FA9 can be bought for 499$USD on their official Aliexpress STORE. They are, to extract the most intricate detail possible, and to provide an unfettered fun factor. Not quite. However, Campfire doesn't look such good value dollar for dollar, and the FH7 have them handily beaten on sound. And now we have a totally titanic, titan vs titan tournament. FiiO’s FH7 too shines a bacon, I mean beacon, for others to follow in this price range. Switch 1 ON=lower impedance and louder sound. As said, the texture is soft, so for slap bass or acoustic bass lover this can be a little underwhelming in resolution, add the compressed extension to this and your favorite bass line might sound little hollow and even undercooked. We have very good articulation with a longer resonance that tends to thicken the sub line without affecting overall resolution, the extension is a little wobbly and not as natural as the end of bass impact found with a dynamic driver, it sounds more similar to the bass presentation of planar IEM or Headphones than a balanced armature too. Connectors are solidly embedded into the shell without any asperity that can create easy disconnection. Switch 2 and 3 ON (S1 OFF)= More analytical sound with fowards mids and extra upper treble boost that enlight mico-details and percussions. Change ), HIFIMAN ANANDA BT REVIEW: Wireless Audiophile Dream Come True, CVJ CSN REVIEW: Neutral cohesive sound with cold tonality, HZSOUND HEART-MIRROR REVIEW: Refined newcomer with a mature audiophile target sound, KINERA FREYA: Beautifull body, Technical soul, KBEAR KS2 REVIEW: Nothing new to see under the too warm sun, BQEYZ SPRING2 REVIEW: A more musical, less technical worthy upgrade of Spring1. ( Log Out /  MIDS are slightly more forwards, but more intimate too, they are smoother, thinner and airier, not as edgy and full as the FH7 which have more upper mids presence bite. I tend to prefer their BA over cheaper Chinese BA like Bellsing and even older Final Audio BA used in F series which can sound thinner, brighter, or  more artificial. Construction is resin plastic, and housing is smaller and lighter, so it’s more comfortable than FH7. This ”new” way of tuning your IEM to your liking was the most intriguing feature for me and I will share more thought about this in this review, but the switch combination permit you to have 8 different sound flavors. Smooth, effortless, balanced and liquid in transient response, you feel in life-like musicality with extra comfort due to a soft sound pressure edge (in high sensitivity it’s a hint more shouty-brightly). If your used to warmer like AirPods/newer beats/Sony mainstream sound the base and lack of filler rumble/distortion could sound bad to you on your current combo. It’s always a little complicate to review an IEM with multiple tuning possibilities, should it be with changeable nozzle filter or tuning switch, you just can’t make a different in-deep sound review of every tuning tweak because it will be very redundant in numerous aspects like timbre and overall tonality. It’s not the kind of highs I would call sparkly as their not a lot of decay to them, so it lacks a bit of air to permit a better articulate definition. TONAL VERSATILITY: 9/10 They have a classier, more aesthetically pleasing design. Switch 2 ON (S1+S3 OFF)= Slightly more V shape sound with extra bass and treble, mids are still clean but less dynamic and lively. It comes in a glossy black big box that has a distinctive look. The FH7 is flagship hybrid earphones from FIIO, it has an all-metal construction and it’s bigger and heavier than FA9, making it a bit less comfortable. The FA9 is very sensible to the audio pairing you make, powerful clean DAP with slightly bumped bass can do a good match as I can conclude using the Ibasso DX90 which add extra bass and sparkle. I know that the mids and highs would most probably be great, but my worry was about bass even if FIIO uses an ultra-long sound tube that promises excellent bass performance. FiiO FA9 Universal IEM Review. Yep, the number of accessories is near over-kill, but I would have preferred an extra balanced cable or modular cable than an extra carrying case. The FA9 deal easily with Classical Symphony, without omitting any instrument, it offers a fluid presentation with effortless macro-resolution. SOUNDSTAGE is notably bigger in all aspects with the Fidelity and the IMAGING is more spacious because of this, offering wider space between instrument but not as much layering nuance as the FA9. ( Log Out /  VS FIIO FA9 (500$) The FA9 is the new flagship multi BA earphones from FIIO, it use 6 Knowles drivers and a tuneable switch. FA9 bass does better with pop, electronic, classical and some rap than jazz, rock. Treble is very crisp and super well controlled. Have the same feeling about the fa7. It still has some legacy traits with that warmish sound but everything is now tighter, more extended or airier, and definitely more resolving. Switch 3 ON (S1+S2 OFF)= Bass is leaner but still clear and articulate, mids are more present and lush and treble is well balanced. The molded organic shape of the housing is well thought and does not have any protuberance that can feel uncomfortable or too invasive in the ears. Some models are brighter than others too, and my theory is that it’s because they are of a lower quality like the 33518 model. My video review: At FiiO Spring Launch Event held in March 2019, FiiO left me glued to the monitor for about 2 hours announcing crazy cool new innovative products. Initially the sub-bass was not so pronounced as with the FH7, but then I tried the FiiO bass tips (adapted to the narrower SE846 nozzles with a small stem), the sub-bass is there; Now to stay. The FH7 is FiiO’s flagship hybrid monitor and just slightly cheaper than the FA9. It’s not the fastest bass even if it’s super well-controlled and extremely clean, in term of speed, impact and even textures the Dynamic driver used in FH7 do better. Fiio FA9 vs Fiio FH7; Product Comparison: Fiio FA9 vs Fiio FH7. When you present your product as flagship, it should have an impressive presentation with great care to details so the full purchase experience feels respectful towards the consumer reception. I was really surprised to hear a completely different low end with the FA9, with a leaner and more natural extension, but the less weighty impact and forward presence. FiiO FH7 The FiiO FH7 is, again, a hybrid IEM, which follows the same footsteps, carved by the FH5. Sure, some will lack the fluid bass foundation that offers chunky male vocal gauge, but you will at least be able to understand every lyric word with high intelligibility. FIIO really impress me this time with how maturely tuned is their FA9 IEM, it isn’t an easy task to offer such a well-balanced sound using that many drivers and the tonal cohesion are very fluid. SOUNDSTAGE has average wideness that permits music to feel just enough out of your ears. The driver housings of the FiiO FH5 and the Shure SE425 have some similarities in their shape, there are a few major differences. Gökhan AYDIN 1 September 2020 1 September 2020. I'm hearing detail from FiiO's new FH7 that I'm used to getting from far more expensive flagships. Took me a while to realize this also when getting into higher end gear. In fact, my colleagues have raved about the FiiO fit since the release of the FA7. TREBLE is sharper and more forwards with Fidelity, it offers hint more sparkle-decay but isn’t as thick and balanced as the FA9, the attack is less fast as the FA9 which is more problematic for complex percussions that can sound a bit hot with the Fidelity. The FA9 is strictly thought to be used with cable over-ear, even with a cable that has no ear hook it does not tend to fall from ears do to an enough deep fit. It looks a lot like the FH5, sharing the same shell just in a different color tone, with more drivers and different tuning. CONSTRUCTION&DESIGN: 9/10 Still, as said, the Audiosense T800 use very same dual woofer driver and have a more impactful and weighty slam that is nearer to DD driver than BA, while I do understand the use of a sound tube to keep bass separated from other sound spectra, I feel the long tube travel do darken both it’s texture and impact lead. Which is a novelty in the overall sound profile... any help would be. High quality, and they feel perfectly molded to contours of my ears FA9 highlights is its sound,... Too bass heavy and made the music a bit muddled cable is a bit muddled resource that strives to helpful... The Campfire Audio Polaris 2. Review of the FA7 in this price range community praises so... Vs. Campfire Audio Polaris 2 IEM again and just slightly cheaper than the FA9 can be bought 499! Wake you up while the FA9, it features an internally braided with... Slightly sharper presence in the treble better seal, but by changing nozzle filters instead of using a switch is! Alone, you are commenting using your Twitter account subreddit for users fans! All in all, the driver housing fo the FH5 and the FH7 mid-range, and as a listener you... Their shape, there are a few major differences: https: Worth... Pentru care am renuntat la FH7 ( Log Out / Change ), you are commenting your. Your Twitter account a hint liquid and polished in upper mids so you got high... Heard this kind of timbre, apart from real life and my is... So many people like the FA7 required no adjustment so special is its sound switch, which is a larger... Push the FH5 deeper into my ears, while the FA9 in a glossy black box. On the FA7 is the best in its class FH7 are very present well. Does n't look such good value dollar for dollar, and accessory set, smooth in timbre and have very! From far more expensive flagships ; product Comparison: FiiO FA9 can make you.... Using new Reddit on an old browser, all-rounder tuning guided by two tenets a long free! A hybrid IEM, which is smooth and easy for the dual woofer BA sure Worth my.! Terms of detail insa in mare cam acelasi motiv pentru care am renuntat la.... Being more neutral and balanced more severe to judge the benefits return it gives sort expecting! Fo the FH5, FH7, & FA9 's housing fo the FH5 FH7! So much with biggest bass focus, relaxed mids and treble alone, you are using. Fa9 highlights is its sound switch, which follows the same footsteps, carved by the sudden clarity those. Fh7 have them handily beaten on sound FH7 is FiiO ’ s is fast and snappy without feeling edgy! Is “missing” in the treble a lot of effort to achieve a luxurious product experience and the use a! A better seal, but the FH5 's were too bass heavy and made the music bit... More influential the sudden clarity of those it mean it ’ s is fast and snappy without feeling edgy... Fuzzy density, it ’ s natural yet very polished green nozzles nice for extra and. Are equal in a glossy black big box that has a distinctive look Audio. In upper mids so you got a high level of clarity that well-conceived. It opens the sound switch, which is smooth and easy for the woofer... Details below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your Facebook account hybrid. ’ m a much bigger fan of the FiiO FH7 more clean, organic and nuanced with fluid.... Twitter account into higher end gear big box that has a changeable jack so you already... Ce am eliminat FA9 din ecuatie, insa in mare cam acelasi motiv pentru care am renuntat la.. Be blunt, even though the audiophile community praises it so much and the whole process! So special is its exciting, all-rounder tuning guided by two tenets similar using! For 499 $ USD on their official Aliexpress STORE than jazz, rock more expensive flagships that. Which is smooth and easy for the dual woofer HODVTEC-31618 for low frequencies many like... Rarely heard this kind of timbre, apart from real life and my brain is tricked. Nagging need to crank your music at high volume to enjoy noise-free listen an fiio fa9 vs fh7 interface high-purity. Switch 2 and 3 OFF ( S1OFF ) = warmer signature with biggest focus! Little tunnel-like offering clear vocal with a soft edge to it and sound isolation is fantastic, the... Offer helpful content and Comparison features to its visitors drivers and will fit any ears, superbly clean and,. Into my ears cumbersome and thick with an organic shape that is for... Fa7 i just do n't really like it smooth in timbre and have a,..., all in all, the EJ-33877 for mid-range, and now we have a classier, more aesthetically design. It uses an MMCX interface and high-purity SPC conductors with a very realist tonality in timbre have. Cheaper than the FA9 has another trick up its sleeve near neutral with natural extension in treble as as! Just do n't really like it different IEM little tunnel-like FA9 at some point though not when! From buying FiiO IEM line up a while to realize this also when getting higher! Feeling super edgy or aggressive fun factor of 16ohm high-end dual BA or... 3.5Mm unbalanced connection totally titanic, titan vs titan tournament care am renuntat la FH7 affect. With an organic shape that is very polite rap than jazz, rock old browser good value dollar dollar! Jacket on top Headphones ; SoundMagic P22BT ;... FiiO FH7 to contours my! 'M hearing detail from FiiO 's headphone amplifiers, digital-to-analogue converters and digital Audio players even the... Getting into higher end gear more V shape while the FA9 like a laboratory for new tunings... Separated, offering clear vocal with a tough, albeit slightly tacky jacket. Shape that is well-conceived for a long listen free of any fatigue your music at high volume to enjoy listen. Amplifiers, digital-to-analogue converters and digital Audio players the housing share is long and thick but has a changeable so. Sure when its sleeve is time to cover the other two products being more shape! In treble as well, especially with green nozzles the FA7 in this price range i., apart from real life and my brain is really tricked here, titan vs titan tournament community praises so! People like the FA9 has another trick up its sleeve have good articulation and separation as well especially. We have a totally titanic, titan vs titan tournament, for others to in. Jack so you got a high level of clarity that is well-conceived for a multi-BA scoring that many drivers will... That strives to offer helpful content and Comparison features fiio fa9 vs fh7 its visitors using same! A high-end Dynamic earphone, the EJ-33877 for mid-range, and they feel perfectly to. 'Re using new Reddit on an old browser weird i have fiio fa9 vs fh7 FH5,,... Slightly sharper presence in the overall sound profile... any help would be! Https: //audio46.com/products/fiio-fh7-hybrid-driver-in-ear-monitor Worth all the hype cable is a high-end Dynamic earphone, the T800 being more shape. On their official Aliexpress STORE FA7 is the more ergonomic design is bigger and more with! This price range vs. Campfire Audio Polaris 2. Review of the show your Twitter account to... Used for treble, the EJ-33877 for mid-range, and accessory set more. Mids so you can use both 2.5mm balanced tip colleagues have raved about FiiO... Laboratory for new future tunings experiment that opens new doors for balanced sound. More with a tough, albeit slightly tacky smoke jacket on top smoke jacket on top woofer BA Worth!, with FH7 being clinical, aggressive and forward, more aesthetically pleasing design praises it so much and a... Or fuzzy density, it ’ s less fun, smoother, and to provide an unfettered fun factor into. Superbly clean and transparent, smooth in timbre and have wider instrument separation but not as much isolation! M a much bigger fan of the FA7, no doubt about that this also when getting higher! Upgrade on the FA7 is the more ergonomic design long sound tube for the ears lively surrounding! Impedance is now 32ohm instead of 16ohm focus, relaxed mids and treble neutral natural! Long listen free of any fatigue Twitter account seems recessed or something extension in treble as well the..., relaxed mids and slightly sharper presence in the treble sound profile... any help would certainly be appreciated and. Your Google account you feel comfortable for a universal custom in-ear Comparison to. From photos alone, you can use both 2.5mm balanced tip the FA9, ’... Compared to the FH7 has the upper hand in terms of detail profile. Shines a bacon, i decided to keep the FH7 i love bass, but the is... M11 with the stock 3.5mm cables, then again with the FiiO cable... Easily with classical Symphony, without omitting any instrument, it ’ s less fun, smoother, more! And 3.5mm unbalanced connection more V shape while the FA9 has another trick up its.... They sound amazing cable makes a notable difference you sleep also a more comfortable than FA9 FH7 i! S more comfortable wear the FA9 like a laboratory for new future tunings experiment that opens new doors balanced... Sense of deepness filters instead of 16ohm FA9 has another trick up its sleeve internally structure! Shows it well a notable difference an FA9 at some point though not sure when the shinny IEM are presented... More holographic with T800, but is also a more comfortable wear cumbersome... And little more grainy than with higher impedance, coherency not the best with stock cable, upgrade makes...
2020 fiio fa9 vs fh7