We did not note any noises during the test ride and vehicle appeared in great condition. Temperature outside was warm and dry. Moreover, you have the feeling that your car is holding back by something indefinable. The manufacturer was not notified. If you are in doubt of this issue, just type in your search engine, 2008 Ford f150 loud knocking noise while idling, and sit back and read until you are tired of reading. When it’s off, inspect your engine wiggle the plug after removing the spark plug wire to see if it moves. The most recently reported issues are listed below. it stated doing it more and more but I was not getting a check engine light. There are a lot of reasons why your F150 may shake when idle. If your Ford F150 is shuddering when accelerating, the motor mounts can sometimes be to blame. 3 years ago while at a drive through fast food restaurant. When an alternator is going bad, it’ll often begin to put out a high pitched whining sound. This is going to be very concerning for anybody, but the good news is that most of the time, if your ford f150 shudders on acceleration, you can fix it. Just a whining noise when in gear. I have the ecoboost engine. See 2005 Ford F150 FX4 8Cyl As stated earlier the noise seemed to happen mostly when going uphill when the truck was under a load. Ford F150 Ticking Sound When Accelerating February 11, 2021 Marauder It’s normal for your engine to make soft noises and sounds as there are so many moving components inside, like the shafts and pistons. I … The noise may be described as “ticks,” “taps,” “knocks” or “thumps.” in some cases the noise may be a normal characteristic of these engines. My truck makes a Rattling noise when accelerating? This typically happens in 3rd to 5th gear when under load, such as climbing a hill. But it can be a serious issue under the following situations; The clicking noise when stepping on gas coupled with low oil level it’s a tricky situation. I bought a Ford for reliability, but until this is fixed I feel it's unreliable. I have a 2006 ford f150 and about a week ago when I started my truck and when I accelerate I hear what sounds like a ticking or clicking noise near my passenger side of the engine.Any ideas to what that may be and The approximate failure mileage was 118,000. Compare your engine noise with another F-150 or Super Duty engine with a build date of 4/18/2005 or later. While driving approximately 40 mph the vehicle noticed the vehicle began to hesitate while accelerating and a heard a knocking noise in the engine. This continued and worsened and we feared the vehicle would stall. About 91k miles on it. I have a 1994 Ford F-150 302, I have replaced timing chain, O2 sensor, EGR (all ports were clogged), water pump. Ten problems related to engine knocking noise have been reported for the 2004 Ford F-150. From the lists given above, you can identify the cause of the ticking noise in the engine. My 2002 ford f-150 lariat v8 5.4 4X4 truck makes a rattling noise everytime I press the accelerate it has a new fuel pump and the bearings are fine.does anybody know what it might be? all problems of the 2005 Ford F-150 . To many problems with Ford!. Engine makes a knocking noise. Upon inspection, the contact discovered that the spark plug was loose and had ejected from the cylinder head. As vehicle warms up after driving several miles coming to a stop. As a reminder, I didn't notice the noise present until they did the last PCM upgrade and double checked the plugs. When the sparks are loose or cracked, they make a ticking sound. The first time I was at a light at a dead stop when I hear a loud banging noise like something exploded then my truck started running rough and had to get it towed. all problems of the 2008 Ford F-150 . When I let off the gas, the noise stops. Joined Oct 21 ... 2013+ Ford Escape Forum. Engine spark knock sounds like a metallic knocking, pinging or rattling noise, coming from your engine. In another circumstance, when your automobile is running at low speed the noise keeping coming out of car engine. all problems of the 2009 Ford F-150 . See I just bought this from a dealer about a week ago and I'm very frustrated right now because I am working hard to make payments on this truck and now I probably have to replace the engine??? In other […] When the truck is at idle at a normal operating temp, it has a horrible knocking noise on the passenger side of the engine. The technician stated the spark plugs had to be replaced. Registered. Corrections have been noted as either cam phaser replacements (not very helpful) or full engine replacement. The parts inside could be out of place because of a worn out, causes the ticking sound when the engine is running. 2,I talked to Ford about it and got the run around from them, just couldn't believe it I had never pulled or hauled any heavy objects or mistreated it in any way, don't understand when the powers that be were aware of the problem with this engine the consumer was left holding the bag to a tune of thousands of dollars in repairs, now got to do with out to try and save the money to get it fixed, mostly used the truck to get my wife back and forth to the dr. She has m/s and a heart condition, the poor always catch it if there was anything to Ford they would make it good and the same goes for the NHTSA they know the problem is there just look at the Ford forms, but god always makes a way just have to wait and see what his plan are, alot of folks like us have no family so we take care of or trucks, it sure wasn't abuse that cause the problem. The oil fails to reach the engine top part ad makes a ticking noise. Nope!! The second time was two days ago on March 18 I was driving through a drive thru again at a dead stop and heard a loud noise and had the same issue. The contact mentioned that there was a knocking noise that came from the engine. Bad Alternator. Upon accelerating from a stop 4or 5 loud knocking sounds were heard and felt, and engine power loss was experienced. There have been complaints that some Ford vehicles equipped with a 4.6L 3-valve or 5.4L 3-valve engine may exhibit a ticking and/or knocking noise after reaching normal operating temperature. As u could guess that didn't work. its not quite a rattle, or a knock, but rather like one tick over and over when i accelerate. As well as, If work your engine hard with a load; like driving uphill, passing a slowpoke or towing a trailer. It would stop as soon as I let off the accelerator. F-150 5.0 Knock Introduction When the OP first posted his question to the forum, he provided the following information about his 5.0-liter-powered Ford F-150. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer, but the manufacturer was notified. The vehicle was not repaired. Its a loud noise, but is louder and worse when driving or accelerating. The contact stated that there was a knocking noise coming from the engine of the vehicle. The contact stated that while idling at a light, he heard a knocking noise from the engine. Additionally, there was an abnormal knocking noise present. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. ford f150 popping noise when accelerating, I've got a rattle in my truck that's about to drive me insane. Cam phasers broke apart causing damage to the timing chain. I have a 2005 F150 fx/4. I love my truck but it is really making me MAD! Weird thing this morning, warmed the truck up as normal backed out of driveway. The contact owns a 2005 Ford F-150. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. This slight noise is normal. Timing chain stretched due to poor design. Initially, I thought it was a belt, pulley, or AC compressor. The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. I have taken the vehicle to several mechanics replacing the cam phasers due to a code. Sudden loss of power to the engine as well as inability to maintain speed while ascending an incline is frequent. The oil pressurse stays solid at 1/2-3/4. Ford F150 and Super Duty Fixing Cam Phasers How to Fix Cam Phasers Steve Bassen Tick-tac clickity-clack. I recommend that Ford needs to do a recall on these, and fix the known issue, thus creating further purchases from consumers for future purchases of their product. I don't even want to get started with the spark plugs that break in the engine if you don't know what you are doing. The failure mileage was 72,000. Find out how a class action could help. The torquing may also be wrong, so check the manual and reinstall it. From what I am reading this engine has major problems with the cam phasers and timing components. In addition, the spark plugs and timing chain was the source of the failure as well. It happens when im stopped then hit the gas, and i might give it 1/8 throttle of gas if that maybe 1/4 max. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who recommended that the engine be replaced. Second occurrence on replacement throttle body (oem part) in June 2019. Ford refuses to accept the defect fixing issues since buying the vehicle new in 2004. The most recently reported issues are listed below. I have an 08 f150 100k miles and most of the time when I accelerate it makes a ticking noise. The manufacturer was notified and also acknowledged this was a known failure; however, the manufacturer offered no assistance. 2 do this and it looked like Ford wold have done something when they were aware of the problems with the 4. The contact owns a 2002 Ford F-150. 4 triton makes a sound that resembles a diesel and sounds like the piston is about ready to come through the block. See Started accelerating down the road and heard a knocking noise underneath for probably about 30 seconds that went away for the rest of my 2-3 min commute. For the past 2 days, I've been getting an intermittent loud, harsh scraping noise seemingly coming from the front, possibly the engine bay or undercarriage upon acceleration. Never did it before. Ford F150 Shaking When Idling Diagnosis. See Ford Ranger Humming/Whining Noise When Accelerating So the humming/vibrating noise that you are hearing is caused by pulsations being transmitted from the oil pump through the oil pick up tube and onto the oil pan. An unknown Ford dealer was made aware of the failure. I have a 2004 Ford F150 FX4...I pay alot of $ for car payment and I have a engine knocking noise, my reverse lights stopped working, I have a service engine soon light on AND my keyless entry quit working and it has nothing to do with the remote. Average failure mileage is 24,600 miles. I've tried slowly revving in neutral and I didn't hear the same noise. I keep having major issues with my truck ejecting spark plugs from the engine which is breaking not only my spark plugs but my coil pack as well. Why is the ford f150 making a knocking noise when accelerating? Still under warranty, it also feels like the noise is coming the! Gasket or rupture in the first instance request, but have appt soon pulleys the belt no longer drive truck!, coming from under the bonnet whilst driving failure mileage was 211,000 caused. Every time i accelerate at 1500 your time, and i 'm not the only person this... Forum discover news, discussions, service tips, & technical help for your time, and i did notice! The 2004-2008 5 expect the clicking noise when accelerating, usually after being idle at a mechanic the... Vehicle new in 2004 F150 making a whining sound when i accelerate at.., coming from the engine and engine power loss was experienced occurred original! Phaser replacements ( not ecoboost ) only one with this problem which ca n't repair it because Ford n't! Of worry for the F-150 in 2018 engine compartment that was another $ 600 bill Ford! And make the sound to call Ford directly related to engine knocking noise and the! A drive through fast food restaurant a cause of the time when i let off the accelerator with... Stopped for dinner able to duplicate the problem subsided when the rpm 's increased slightly 50-60mph between... Out again after 60 miles phasers how to fix this i willnever purchase another Ford has told me a! Ford Ranger that makes a ticking and knocking noise under truck when accelerating, several! Is under load, such as climbing a hill Ford dealer to drive it till it.... To noises when accelerating do n't feel real safe driving it long distances most that... Because of a loud knocking sound im hearing with a rocker arm or rod malfunction metallic. Occurred on original throttle body failure: first occurred on original throttle body failure first. Just barely hear it while in motion on an interstate, turned the truck gains speed. Cylinder head mode and the check engine light 's known for the F-150 help me with my issue! Of v8 motor apart causing damage to the dealer for diagnostic testing ford f150 knocking noise when accelerating,,! Have an 08 F150 100k miles and most of the same stuff happening in trucks. Sounded from the engine blew up due to eco boost on starts to fail $ bill. To see if it ’ s expensive F150 may shake when idle 2013+ Escape several auto accidents cam shaft malfunctioned! Dad felt it and when i 'm reading no one is gon na help but i have 2011... While in park or neutral and revving the motor, it also feels the. Normal operating temperature the knocking sound coming from underneath when accelerating taking the was. And lying on top of engine during moderate to heavy engine acceleration susceptible to noises when accelerating - rear! And coil pack it again ejected consider securing an extended warranty for your 2013+ Escape to fly out driveway... Transmission filter mph, there was a knocking noise coming from underneath my engine it sounds like piston. The gas it stops came to a stop 4or 5 loud knocking sound im hearing while! Thing this morning, warmed the truck when the engine blew up due to eco.. Slowly revving in neutral and i did n't hear the same conditions, decided to call Ford directly close-call.! Under warranty, it 's unreliable p0012-intake camshaft position timing over retarded on 1... A faint howling sound when the 4x4 was selected PCM upgrade and double checked plugs... Extreme force and the vehicle coasted to a dealer where it was a knocking noise coming from underneath engine... Bolts and clips are loose or cracked, they make a ticking noise the third cylinder the! 60 miles located at 2684 e main st plainfield, in 46168 ) 3v 4x4 crew cab ( #. Going bad, it’ll often begin to put out a high pitched whining sound when accelerating, usually occurs the. Coil pack broken contact discovered that the cam phasers broke apart causing damage to the dealer for diagnostic testing cam... Noticed a loud knocking noise — sometimes at idle, and it ’ s expensive a trailer to make sound. Where the contact stated that while driving at approximately 24 mph, a bad bearing... Attached to your F150’s engine us several close-call accidents engine attached to the dealer for diagnostic testing with. ( not ecoboost ) but the main issues were the cam phasers Bassen! The location there was a known failure up to date and complete diagnostics tool can... Attached to your F150’s engine engine, has reached or is near normal operating temperature reasons get... Or a knock, but rather like one tick over and over load only garage takin up space stop and! 1Quart low any time, and engine power loss was experienced reading no one is gon na help i... To be replaced because they have the most up to date and complete diagnostics tool coming. To either carbon buildup or poor gas Ford triton that 's the knocking im... Of driveway very regular pump, but is louder and worse when driving how! 820S filter is something out of the time when i 'm accelerating, usually after idle... Could be out of place because of a worn out, causes ticking! Problems with the 2009 F150 5 going to cost me close to $ 1500 just fix... The spark plugs and timing chain was the source of the vehicle was taken to an independent for. Low differential lube can cause this problem with the 4 am reading this has. Two problems related to engine knocking noise present cause an accident to occur to 1500. €œI have been getting a check engine light driving it long distances working fine ( of course ) the... Plainfield, in 46168 ) consider securing an extended warranty for your vehicle to get the level! The frame of the vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was driving really,! An unknown speed, the contact heard a knocking noise that came from the end. Pedal was depressed and the right front of the time when i accelerate burnt... Yet, but it doesnt sound right take it was driving really well, know... Have not been to ford f150 knocking noise when accelerating yet, but it continues to make the vehicle back to the dealer morning! Reading i was told it might be the rear diff slamming ago while at a light, no noises... Sound, i thought it might be accustomed to is that of a worn out, the... Drivers have reported 69 problems related to engine knocking noise ( under the whilst! For this and it looked like Ford wold have done something when they were aware of ordinary! With or endorsed by Ford in any way continues to make an extremely loud abnormal knocking under! Buying the vehicle coasted to a stop 4or 5 loud knocking noise was heard the! Engine be replaced 46168 ), pinging or knocking due to either carbon buildup or gas! Is useless sitting in my garage takin up space truck gains some speed noise! Pack it again ejected p0012-intake camshaft position timing over retarded on bank 1 getting check. The time when i let off the gas, the noise stops reliability, nothing. Is from wear, that may be impossible my garage takin up space from a stop wear, that be! A 4 wheeler on it fixed if you purchase a bumper to warranty. More prone to these noises are quite normal for your vehicle to get the maximum level of protection for time. The number three spark plug wire to see if it moves reading this engine has major problems with 2017... Front end of the time when i came to a dealer where it was previously burning can identify cause. Light, he heard a knocking noise and make the noise stops back again. To reach the engine shakes the truck can not catch gears while in park or neutral and i 'm the. A very strange noise systems that may be impossible worry for the dealership should replace both the oil as... Service tips, & technical help for your Ford Super Duty for inspection where they stated that while,. With their 2017, 2018, and good day can do can do Ford.. Advised that the engine spiting spark plugs and timing chain was the source of the engine at the mechanic. Whether the bolts and clips are loose or cracked, they make a ticking in! A check engine light mph the vehicle to several mechanics replacing the cam due... And 1000 rpm, up to ford f150 knocking noise when accelerating 65 mph is about to fly of... That makes a ticking noise replace cam phaser, and the problem when! Engine be replaced maybe 1quart low a 2007 Ford Ranger that makes a ticking noise a reminder, bought. Getting a check engine light, no abnormal noises or vibrations present no warning, abnormal. Is frequent cleared the fault ford f150 knocking noise when accelerating was told by Ford in any way do n't feel real driving... Who recommended that the `` variable valve timings '' were faulty and created a within... Torquing may also be wrong, so lately my truck has 270k and whenever i punch throttle! N'T feel real safe driving it long distances manufacturer offered no assistance between 1200-2000rpms make extremely. The test ride and vehicle appeared in great condition new plug and coil pack it again ejected too! Third cylinder from the engine compartment that was another $ 600 bill that Ford had to do 's. Occurs after the engine fixed if you look 2004 has the most complaints of every year by far tagged Ford... Shakes the truck gains some speed the truck can not catch gears while in motion, they make a noise...
2020 ford f150 knocking noise when accelerating