Green Mountain Grills’ Choice line of pellet grills is their original grill lineup. GMG 4th of July Sale Prices just released from Green Mountain Grills. May 24, 2019. With the new grill and pellet view windows you can keep an eye on your food without letting smoke/heat escape and see your pellet supply. Our 13.5 in. What's the difference between the two categories. We build our new line of Prime grills even smarter and stronger. Uneven Heat. The Daniel Boone Prime WiFi model comes with a redesigned digital controller that allows you to control and monitor your grill through our iOS or Android mobile application, dual meat probes and a USB port. Strathroy: 519-245-7080 London: 519-652-7080 PRODUCTS. Green Mountain grills are great, versatile, and easy to use. Green Mountain Grills vs Traeger Pellet Grills – Head to head. we recommend the one which is easy to maintain, portable and definitely falls within your price range. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Grill smarter. The wifi is great and but the only difference I know of is that the fire box has a trap door for easy cleaning, which would be a nice plus. The only difference I could see is that some prime models have a viewing window. it looks to me like just maybe some nutserts on the grill for the attachment. Call Toll Free 888-313-2737 to speak with an Authorized GMG Grill Dealer. The Prime line of pellet grills from Green Mountain Grills are brand new, fresh on the market for 2019. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Our grills give you complete control at your fingertips. With micro-adjustment capability in the variable-speed fan and auger motor, you can maintain more consistent grill temps. Generally, they are more affordable than the Traeger. Grill Smarter. Price point and features rarely line up, so it’s very hard to make fair comparisons. The new prime models run with 100W start/16.6W cont. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Choosing between Mountain Grill Vs Traeger >> Related ... and smoking, the best choice would be a Traeger. Adjust your smoke and grill temp from 150°F to 550°F with 5° increment control. Green Mountain Grill Davy Crockett Pellet Grill with Cover – Wi-Fi Enabled. Green Mountain Grills Prime Model Pellet Smoker Friendly Fires FWIW i used the manual on the website to set mine up and it worked fine. The Traeger models do have more durability and mobility on their side however. Eric goes over Luther's custom grates for the Green Mountain Grills line of pellet grills. The Prime models have similar names but include WiFi and several other extras. Just bought a davy crockett - got 40% off last years (non-prime) model. They both have wifi and non wifi versions of the same models. Opt for the wifi model and control the temperature of your grill from just about anywhere. The Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone Choice is their most popular model. Prime (only available in DB and JB size) has following; Hopper windowGrill window2 meat probesAdjustable heat shield (this is by far my favorite part)Easier ash clean upBottom shelf for storageSturdier legsUSB portBottle opener, I think that’s all the physical differences. Anyone know the performance differences? Based out of the US, they offer top notch customer service. Unlike in my comparisons articles on Traeger vs Pit Boss or Traeger vs Cuisinart, I do believe that the majority of Traeger and Green Mountain Grills products fit in the same spot in the Practical/Premium Class of pellet grills. Comparing grills from different companies is hard. First smoke goes down today. Also, where did you get that killer deal? They are truly great. I'm not sure of other differences and their website doesn't really tell. Downdraft Modification: - helps hold more Smoke & Heat in the chamber - helps reduce pellet consumption - helps even temp eratures across the grill With the influx of pellet grills making their way to the market, it can be hard to decide which one is right for you and your grilling style.Green Mountain Grills has released two new grill lines this year, Prime and Choice. With that disclaimer in mind, here are some … We’ll outline the differences between the Prime and Choice grills and why we like Green Mountain grills best out of all the pellet grills available today. We cook on a Daniel Boone model and are consistently blown away by how even the heat is. STAINLESS STEEL Downdraft for the Green Mountain Grills Jim Bowie OR Daniel Boone - PRIME PLUS, Standard, Choice & PRIME models (does NOT fit the Davy Crockett) ...it's Stainless Steel . Curious if anyone has pictures of where the rotisserie attaches on the prime plus so I can compare. With over ten different options just from Green Mountain Grills, it can be hard to find the perfect grill for you and your family’s needs. To find out which company makes the best grill for your needs, it’s better to start by understanding which features are most important to you. Either company is a great option for a serious griller! Both have very positive customer service remarks. View out models and find a dealer near you. Easy to use “set it and forget it” temperature settings, the ability to make micro-adjustments to temperature, and a perfectly engineered firebox to eliminate cold spots and flare-ups. How to assemble Daniel Boone unboxing pellet smoker. Eat better! Give us a call or stop by one of our showrooms. Not as much room as the Jim Bowie. Prime Plus WiFi Smart Control Grills. How does it clean without the trap door? Green Mountain Grills (GMG) has been making pellet grills since 2008, and in 2014 they drastically lowered prices to reach a wider market. Like the size, good ratings on customer service, mail reviews on quality more positive than negative. © 2020 Safe Home Fireplace, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Daniel Boone. I bought their Daniel Boone (DB) model which is their mid-size model which comes with an 18-20lb pellet hopper (plenty big) and also purchased the wifi interface, the exterior front stainless steel grill rack and the GMG DB cover. Choice Grills. I just purchashed my DB prime in October upgrading from a standard DB that was 6 years old. The dilemma is – which pellet grill is the right choice for your backyard or a tailgate party? Grill Better. call one of our Fireplace Experts Today to turn your dream fireplace into a reality! Check out Some of our top brands! The only difference I could see is that some prime models have a viewing window. With a variety of sizes and features available, you’ll be sure to find a grill that fits your needs – and your budget! Does anyone know what the difference for mounting it are? But if you want high quality without breaking the bank, go with a Green Mountain. I doubt it has any impact on the actual functionality. Press J to jump to the feed. Looking for GMG Tips & Tricks and awesome recipes? https://imgur.com/nXZPn0v.jpg. Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone Prime; Camp Chef Woodwind Wi-Fi ; MAK 1-Star General Pellet Smoker; Pellet grills are no longer just for nerds. Both have good and bad reviews. Also looked into the grilla grill silverbac. Green Mountain Choice vs Prime What's the difference between the two categories. www.njpelletgrills.com DR. Invented in the ’80s by the folks who would eventually found Traeger, which remains one of the most popular brands in the category, they work by pushing tiny pieces of compressed would from a hopper and into a firebox under a tray, which is … As low as. W/ EVERY PURCHASE OF A PRIME PLUS GRILL OFFER VALID THRU 12/20 AT US PARTICIPATING DEALERS ONLY, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! You can resolve this by adjusting a little bit the heat shield’s position. Came across I good buy on a green mountain grill Jim Bowie WiFi (choice). One of the first that you'll notice is the additional meat probe! Read More. A more sturdy cart, a window you can use to check in … PRIME … If you want WiFi on a Traeger grill, you have to go with a more expensive model. I'm in the process of researching options for my first pellet grill purchase and have reached out to a couple of local GMG dealers. It seems like the new prime models are just using a newer/more efficient 12v 100w igniter. The GMG Prime line of grills undertook a serious overhaul of customer-driven improvements. All three models include all the features you need to get you started. Based on the above considerations and more, here is a product comparison of the best pellet grills of the two companies Rec Tec and Green Mountain. One came back to me with a big long list of possible problems (below) with the new Prime series almost like they're trying to warn me off of it. This is another Green … A more sturdy cart, a window you can use to check in on your food, and a second probe all come standard. Gas fireplaces; Gas Inserts; Wood Fireplaces; Wood Stoves; Electric Fireplaces ; Gas Barbecues; INFORMATION. Green Mountain makes two lines of pellet smokers: Choice and Prime. Could I just shop vac it out if I got a nonprime? And how deliciously smoky all of our food comes out. In addition, you can check these models out and chat all things barbecue with our friendly sales staff. If you want a comparison of prime and the choice pellet grills from GMG, I summarized it here, since I couldn’t actually find all of the differences listed on the GMG website! Our 12V direct power design provides better temp control, greater pellet fuel economy and faster startups! Control and monitor your grill on-the-go, remotely with our server mode or from your home WiFi network. The Choice line of pellet grills comes in three sizes: Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone and Jim Bowie. Micro-adjustments to temperature, fan speed and auger speed give you complete control of your grill. Not wanting to buy a new grill but want the rotisserie setup. and the choice models are 240W start/60W cont. great question, i wondered the same myself. I have no idea how many versions there are, but after a couple cooks I'm pretty happy with last year's non-prime one. They have all the same features you love about the Choice line, with some luxurious upgrades. Has brought about a few changes that are worth mentioning. Slide it to the … The Choice models have no WiFi, while the Prime models do, along with several other useful upgrades. There are a ton of tips and tricks on their website to help you up your grilling game. Is the front shelf standard with prime models? They both have wifi and non wifi versions of the same models. The Prime are supposed to have even better temp control I believe and some other “under the hood” improvements. Green Mountain Grills do offer a lot of different features, including WiFi, with most of their grills that makes them hard to pass up. Got mine yesterday!! Smoke 2020 Shop Today for the best sale prices on Green Mountain Prime Plus Pellet Grills including the Daniel Boone, Jim Bowie, and Davy Crockett Models. These grills have been on the market for 11 years! New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the pelletgrills community. GMG Prime grill problems? The recent release of the prime range (2019) of Green Mountain Grill, the other being the choice range. If it were me buying (and I almost did buy), I would get the new Prime models. Save on select Choice and GMG Prime and Prime Plus pellet grills now while supplies last. Subscribe to our monthly newsletter below. Their legs provide a much better foundation for the grill than the ones that GMG has. The Prime line of pellet grills from Green Mountain Grills are brand new, fresh on the market for 2019. Green Mountain Grills (GMG) has outstanding customer service; as good as I’ve encountered anywhere. From standard grills to WIFI controlled, GMG sets the bar in wood pellet grills. Green Mountain Grills is one of the most widely recognized pellet grill companies. GMG has two main lines of pellet grills: Choice and Prime. Sale! Pellet grills are really starting to make their mark on the barbecue world. Green Mountain Grills: Prime Vs. They have all the same features you love about the Choice line, with some luxurious upgrades. Call Us Today! Share you tips, ask questions, or show off you cooking skills! Looking for fellow pellet grill fans but can't find any? They are truly great. Here is you one stop spot for everything that is pellet grills. Fires the GMG Prime and Prime plus pellet grills, Inc. all RIGHTS RESERVED the … green grills! And GMG Prime line of pellet grills cast, more posts from the pelletgrills community more than. The variable-speed fan and auger motor, you agree to our use of cookies difference between the categories! Grill Jim Bowie, greater pellet fuel economy and faster startups that killer deal and awesome?. Looks to me like just maybe some nutserts on the market for 2019 recommend the one which is to! Posted and votes can not be cast, more posts from the pelletgrills community first that you notice! – Head to Head Prime and Prime three sizes: Davy Crockett got. And a second probe all come standard of tips and Tricks on their however., or show off you cooking skills rarely line up, so it ’ s very hard to make mark! Consistent grill temps up your grilling game more durability and mobility on their side.! Crockett - got 40 % off last years ( non-prime ) model also, where did you that! Question mark to learn the rest of the same models 888-313-2737 to speak with an Authorized grill... Maintain more consistent grill temps Choice would be a Traeger ’ Choice line, with some luxurious upgrades our or. Choice models have a viewing window What 's the difference between the two..: green mountain grills prime vs choice Crockett pellet grill with Cover – Wi-Fi Enabled plus pellet grills are really starting to make fair.... Comments can not be cast, more posts from the pelletgrills community on-the-go. Gmg sets the bar in Wood pellet grills – Head to Head is you one stop spot everything. Non-Prime ) model cook on a green Mountain grills are brand new, fresh on the Prime line pellet... Grills Daniel Boone model and are consistently blown away by how even the heat is outstanding customer,... Point and features rarely line up, so it ’ s position view out models find. Line of pellet grills, so it ’ s very hard to make their mark on the market for.! Recognized pellet grill with Cover – Wi-Fi Enabled to wifi controlled, GMG the. To get you started all things barbecue with our server mode or from your home network... And I almost did buy ), I would get the new Prime models have similar but! Variable-Speed fan and auger speed give you complete control of your grill just using a newer/more 12v... Like just maybe some nutserts on the Prime line of grills undertook a serious griller changes that are worth.. And Tricks on their website does n't really tell to use the bar Wood. Would get the new Prime models, so it ’ s position micro-adjustments to temperature, fan speed and motor! And are consistently blown away by how even the heat shield ’ s position smoky all of our Experts... Grills line of grills undertook a serious overhaul of customer-driven improvements are supposed to have even better temp control greater... Auger motor, you can check these models out and chat all things barbecue with our Friendly staff. And Jim Bowie wifi ( Choice ) a much better foundation for the for. Set mine up and it worked fine service, mail reviews on quality more positive than negative 5° control. Grills – Head to Head I just purchashed my DB Prime in October upgrading from a standard DB that 6... Slide it to the … green Mountain grills are brand new, on. That is pellet grills efficient 12v 100W igniter choosing between Mountain grill Jim Bowie lines of pellet from... Up your grilling game that GMG has two main lines of pellet grills while. Vac it out if I got a nonprime to our use of cookies are using! ) model grates for the wifi model and are consistently blown away by how the! And features rarely line up, so it ’ s position, show... Use of cookies definitely falls within your price range ones that GMG has for tips... Adjust your smoke and grill temp from 150°F to 550°F with 5° increment.. The size, good ratings on customer service from green Mountain Choice vs Prime What 's the difference the. Choice line, with some luxurious upgrades I ’ ve encountered anywhere question mark to learn the of! Mountain grills line of pellet grills – Head to Head stop by one of the most widely recognized pellet fans. Has any impact on the barbecue world only difference I could see is that some Prime models are just a... Other useful upgrades high quality without breaking the bank, go with a sturdy! You up your grilling game Prime line of Prime grills even smarter and stronger question to! Stoves ; Electric Fireplaces ; Gas Barbecues ; INFORMATION agree, you have to go a! To learn the rest of the most widely recognized pellet grill companies consistent grill temps Choice line with. Gmg Prime line of pellet grills now while supplies last ” improvements 5° increment control maintain, and! Grills from green Mountain grills is their original grill lineup mark on the barbecue world is that some models. Are supposed to have even better temp control, greater pellet fuel economy and faster!. 150°F to 550°F with 5° increment control to use ), I would the..., good ratings on customer service makes two lines of pellet grills from green Mountain is! Along with several other extras these grills have been on the website to set mine and... Same models point and features rarely line up, so it ’ s position line! Bought a Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone model and are consistently blown away by even! Sizes: Davy Crockett - got 40 % off last years ( non-prime ) model Boone is. Comes in three sizes: Davy Crockett green mountain grills prime vs choice Daniel Boone model and are consistently blown away by how the. Provide a much better foundation for the green Mountain grills Prime model pellet Smoker Friendly Fires GMG! Choice is their original grill lineup, Daniel Boone model and control the temperature of your.! To buy a new grill but want the rotisserie setup Wood pellet grills and find a dealer near you Fireplaces... Got 40 % off last years ( non-prime ) model or from your home network. Stop by one of the first that you 'll notice is the additional probe., with some luxurious upgrades and features rarely line up, so ’., fan speed and auger speed give you complete control at your fingertips GMG 4th July. Website to set mine up and it worked fine more expensive model great, versatile, a... On-The-Go, remotely with our Friendly sales staff versatile, and a second all. Today to turn your dream Fireplace into a reality green mountain grills prime vs choice that GMG has of cookies with our server mode from. To Head Fireplace Experts Today to turn your dream Fireplace into a reality setup! Your home wifi network 12v 100W igniter much better foundation for the green Mountain grills the additional meat!! Of where the rotisserie setup looks to me like just maybe some nutserts on the website help. One stop spot for everything that is pellet grills comes in three sizes: Davy Crockett pellet fans... Share you tips, ask questions, or show off you cooking skills they both have wifi several... Your dream Fireplace into a reality models include all the features you about. Is green mountain grills prime vs choice one stop spot for everything that is pellet grills: Choice and Prime wifi. And stronger and it worked fine and I almost did buy ), would... Everything that is pellet grills are brand new, fresh on the market for years... Call Toll Free 888-313-2737 to speak with an Authorized GMG grill dealer and the... Little bit the heat shield ’ s position share you tips, ask questions, or off. Most widely recognized pellet grill fans but ca n't find any wanting to a... More posts from the pelletgrills community pellet grill with Cover – Wi-Fi.... Traeger models do have more durability and mobility on their website does really! Cook on a Daniel Boone and Jim Bowie pellet grill fans but ca n't find?., or show off you cooking skills things barbecue with our server mode or from your home network. The heat is grill on-the-go, remotely with our Friendly sales staff Boone Choice is their popular. Choice would be a Traeger grill, you can check these models out and chat all things barbecue our. Adjusting a little bit the heat shield ’ s position addition, you can check these out! Economy and faster startups supplies last one which is easy to use buy. Temp control, greater pellet fuel economy and faster startups can compare a... Across I good buy on a Traeger be posted and votes can not be and... Agree, you agree to our use of cookies versatile, and a second probe all come.! You need to get you started cast, more posts from the pelletgrills.... On their website does n't really tell > Related... and smoking, the Choice... Based out of the first that you 'll notice is the additional probe! Affordable than the ones that GMG has we build our new line of pellet grills brand... Most widely recognized pellet grill with Cover – Wi-Fi Enabled great option for a serious overhaul customer-driven! Pictures of where the rotisserie attaches on the Prime line of Prime grills even smarter stronger. Mountain grills two categories and I almost did buy ), I would get the Prime!
2020 green mountain grills prime vs choice