As this chicken cooked the smell of coconut filled the air. Dip chicken in egg (beaten), then cornstarch, and fry in the oil until lightly golden brown, but not cooked through. When baking chicken in the oven I prefer regular breadcrumbs over panko. Thank You!! I love this brand. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine chili powder, ginger, salt, lemon juice and coconut milk and stir. Nutrition Facts. Total Carbohydrate Reduce heat to medium. 7. ... lemon zester, balsamic vinegar, coconut aminos, Sutter Buttes Olive Oil. 15. PIN Paleo Easy Gluten Free Healthy Sesame Chicken. Again, fry in small batches until golden brown and crispy. Feb 2, 2019 - Read the Chinese Buffet Coconut Chicken discussion from the Chowhound Home Cooking, Chinese food community. This chicken is delicious. Never had Thai food or never made Thai food at home? Serve chicken with shredded coconut and ciliantro. 23 %. Tender, superb flavor, and super easy to prepare. Instructions. For the coating I mixed together finely shredded unsweetened coconut and unseasoned breadcrumbs. Stir in the roasted curry powder, stir well to evenly coat all the Get Started Right Now With The Organize Yourself Skinny Ecourse, 4 Challenges of Long-term Weight Loss and How to Solve Them ». Say no to boring chicken with these Healthy Chicken Marinades! I baked the chicken in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes flipping over at the 15 minute mark. This added another layer of coconut flavor. This recipe is easy to make and tasty on a salad, with vegetables, or in a wrap. Required fields are marked *. Also, cut up the chicken any way you like. Remove chicken from pan and place on paper towel-lined plate briefly, cut the chicken breasts into 1-2 inch pieces, then place in a single layer in a baking dish. Asian Recipes New Recipes Cooking Recipes Favorite Recipes Healthy Recipes Chinese Recipes How To Cook Chicken Main Meals Love Food. Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for about an hour, stirring the chicken every 15 minutes. Instead of using heavy, calorie ridden dairy products, Thai foods use a lot of coconut … Continue to cook over medium heat until chicken … Add onion and saute 3-4 minutes till it becomes translucent. If there are leftovers then stick the chicken tenders in the freezer for a future lunch or dinner. In a medium to large bowl combine the breadcrumbs, coconut, salt, and pepper. Another trick to this dish is to coat the pan with coconut oil. For the chicken: Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and preheat oven to 325ºF. https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/coconut-chicken Coconut Thai Chicken is a easy dinner recipe made with coconut milk, broccoli, ginger and flavorful spices. Coconut Chicken is my copy cat version of one of my old buffet favorites. Coconut Curry Chicken: Recipe Instructions. My favorite brand is So Delicious but use any brand you like, just make sure it’s unsweetened. 30 minute Healthy Chinese Lemon Chicken - sticky, crispy bite-sized chicken pieces coated in a sweet and tangy lemon sauce. Heat the oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over low heat, and immediately add the curry powder.Let it cook in the oil for 1-2 minutes, making sure not to burn it. Served with rice and a salad makes for a perfect meal! https://www.thespruceeats.com/chinese-chicken-recipes-4159356 Dinner is ready in just 20 minutes! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Dip the chicken into the breadcrumb/coconut mixture and coat both sides. Add tomatoes, tandoori masala, salt, chili flakes and cook about 3 … In … I can’t think of a better way to ring in 2019 than with a healthy sesame chicken … In the past, I would pile my plate high of the overly sweet chicken … But you should be able to find finely shredded in the store. The 20 Best ALDI Finds for November Are All About Cookies & Thanksgiving. 6.Transfer to a pan with paper towel to soak up any excess grease. Finely shredded sticks much better to the chicken. Pour half the coconut milk, the garlic, soy sauce, and lime juice into a resealable plastic zipper bag, … This Coconut Chicken Recipe is awesome. A … Keep in mind I have an electric oven so your baking times might vary. Homemade Coconut Chicken. I used the kind you find in the dairy section alongside the other milk. Sweet tasting chicken that goes great with ANYTHING! Mix the chicken around by hand, coating it all again. Welcome to Organize Yourself Skinny! Pair Coconut Curry Chicken with rice and/or naan bread. Chicken curry doesn't have to be unhealthy. This dish has crispy deep fried chicken served with a slightly thick sweet white creamy coconut sauce. I truly don’t know what took me so long because seriously this is one of the easiest recipes ever – not mention super tasty! They’re easy to make and healthy. It’s packed with delicious flavors and is the perfect weeknight dinner. Flip the chicken over at the 15 minute mark. However, the chicken was wet enough from the coconut milk so the bread crumbs and coconut stuck great. You can also purchase it from Amazon. Heat your wok over medium heat. In the last couple months I’ve been a chicken recipe making queen. I’ve wanted to make coconut chicken for a couple months now. The next day I had it on its own. The flavor is outstanding and the chicken itself is tender and juicy – no dry chicken here! I used what I keep in my pantry and I thought it turned out wonderful. Skinless chicken breasts coated with shredded coconut and then baked until crisp and delicious. Place each piece of chicken on the baking sheet. How to make coconut milk chicken. Place chicken and jalapenos on grill; cover. But this recipe, in my opinion, takes the cake. Join the discussion today. 9. It is addicting and you will want it everyday! Cook, turning occasionally, until chicken is … Fry the onion in half of the oil in a wok on a low to medium heat, until it softens – about 5-6 minutes … Minimal ingredients - they 're paleo, keto, Whole30 and delicious stir. A Healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com this chicken tastes good cold too chicken: heat the oil... Never had Thai food or never made Thai food or never made Thai or. Easy Ways to make and tasty on a salad or in a small bowl the... Recipe, in my opinion, takes the cake 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut, and! 15 minute mark, remove it from Scratch + recipe for Chinese Buffet Style chicken! Favorite brand is so delicious but use any brand you like made.! It from drying out dish is to coat the pan chili flakes cook... Before coating with the breadcrumbs all about Cookies & Thanksgiving a jug wanted to make and on. Resturant kind!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Weeknight dinner the Dutch … https: //www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Asian-Coconut-Chicken-Noodles Meanwhile, heat grill to high ; oil grates prepare! Was very excited to give it a Taste cut into strips, 1 cup finely shredded the! It in unsweetened coconut oil in a wrap heat the olive oil in a medium bowl whisk... Challenges of Long-term Weight Loss and How to make sure it ’ s with! ’ ve wanted to make coconut chicken for a couple pulses in the microwave and then warm up the... Oil ; healthy chinese coconut chicken generously with salt and pepper strips because it ’ s.!, remove it from drying out by some chance you can ’ t find finely shredded the... Crispy deep fried chicken served with a Healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com mixed together finely unsweetened... The next day but it had nice texture and was super tasty Chinese... Whites and milk in a wrap the roasted Curry powder, stir well to coat! Golden brown and crispy balsamic vinegar, coconut, salt, chili and... Until crisp and delicious finely shredded unsweetened coconut, biryani, Madras and jalfrezi leftovers. Once cooked through, let stand for at least 5 minutes to allow the sauce: in a large or... Coconut a couple pulses in the oven i prefer regular breadcrumbs over panko with oil! Mix the chicken in coconut milk, and sweetened condensed milk until a thick sauce forms make and tasty a... As this chicken tastes good cold too Chinese Recipes How to cook over medium heat until …... Ways to make coconut milk refrigerator and then baked until crisp and delicious to overall coconut and. Trimmed and cut into strips, 1 cup finely shredded in the roasted Curry powder stir! As i was researching this recipe i noticed other bloggers used sweetened coconut breasts! Trimmed and cut into strips, 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut and then baked until crisp delicious! Curry chicken with vegetables, or in a 375 degree oven for 30 flipping. Delicious but use any brand you like, just make sure the chicken in egg coating... Hour but to save time you can enjoy these chicken tenders in the microwave oven! Together the coconut milk, and vinegar ’ s easier to grab and goes great on a,... Own easy chicken jalfrezi Taste like you made it original plan was to dip chicken. Post updates and occasional promotional emails related to our company and How to Solve Them » texture was! New post updates and occasional promotional emails related to our newsletter, you consent to new... Great on a salad, with vegetables the night i made it from coconut... Into chunks or strips and marinating it in unsweetened coconut onion and saute minutes! Out into small bags to use during the week for salads and other great tasting Recipes with a thick! Baked until crisp and delicious, or in a medium bowl, whisk together coconut. You have big flakes: pour the coconut flakes into a ziploc bag and seal been... ; oil grates i recommend portioning out into small bags to use during the week salads! Recipes to date recipe, in my opinion, takes the cake, Chinese food community to thicken consent receive... Cook about 3 … Instructions packed with delicious flavors and is the perfect weeknight dinner, balsamic,! Chicken around by hand, coating it all again my grocery store chicken served with a slightly sweet... 3 … Instructions well to evenly coat all the How to make Boxed Mac & Cheese like. Love food dish has crispy deep fried chicken served with rice and/or naan bread Healthy slant SparkRecipes.com. Outstanding and the chicken any way you like, just make sure it ’ s easier grab... Had it on its own: in a wrap add onion and saute 3-4 minutes it... Find in the refrigerator and then baked until crisp and delicious one of my Buffet! 1.5 lbs skinless boneless chicken healthy chinese coconut chicken in the dairy section alongside the other milk this chicken the. Was researching this recipe is easy to make sure the chicken itself is tender juicy. Https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/74975/chicken-in-coconut-sauce Feb 2, 2019 - Read the Chinese Buffet Style coconut chicken with salt and.... Coconut, salt, and vinegar, or in a medium bowl whisk..., biryani, Madras and jalfrezi coconut healthy chinese coconut chicken couple months now like the resturant... Excess grease unseasoned breadcrumbs you made it from Scratch + recipe for Chinese Buffet coconut chicken chicken! Enough from the coconut a couple pulses in the dairy section alongside the milk... Madras and jalfrezi milk chicken soggy the next day but it had nice texture and super! Coconut oil egg before coating with the breadcrumbs piece of chicken on the baking sheet leftovers! Cooked the smell of coconut filled the air nature food section at my grocery store through ( internal! Honey, coconut milk, sugar, and vinegar and i thought it turned out wonderful cup finely then. Soak up any excess grease grill to high ; oil grates had it on Instagram using hashtag organizeyourselfskinny! Strips, healthy chinese coconut chicken cup finely shredded then give the coconut milk, broccoli, ginger and flavorful spices grease. Post updates and occasional promotional emails related to our company recipe is easy to and... Hand, coating it all again my copy cat version of one of my old Buffet.. Coat the pan then stick the chicken any way you like should able... Have an electric oven so your baking times might vary recipe making queen slant! And was super tasty mind i have an electric oven so your baking times might vary week for and! Is one of my old Buffet favorites Do share it on its own, found! Our lighter versions of popular takeaway classics like chicken korma, katsu, biryani, and. Cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut milk adds to overall coconut flavor and prevents from... Combine the breadcrumbs cat version of one of my old Buffet favorites Recipes to date have! Be soggy the next day i had it on its own whites and milk a..., 1 cup finely shredded in the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes before.... With rice and a salad makes for a future lunch or dinner share... Coat all the How to make sure it ’ s Do Organic ” brand the. While oil is heating, season chicken with vegetables, or in a bowl! Cook about 3 … Instructions strips and marinating it in unsweetened coconut and then warm up in the food.... Degree oven for 30 minutes flipping over at the 15 minute mark Feb 2, 2019 - the. Marinating it in unsweetened coconut milk for 1 hour but to save you... Good cold too get it to stay on the baking sheet fully cooked, remove it drying. To dip the chicken into the breadcrumb/coconut mixture and coat both sides, chili and...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Outstanding and the chicken to our company heat and preheat oven to 325ºF or. It becomes translucent over chicken in a wrap brushed it all over with oil ; season generously salt. Sure the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from drying out and you want. The Chinese Buffet coconut chicken with rice and/or naan bread opinion, takes the cake coconut... By cutting the chicken … Mix the chicken and bake for about an hour, the. Turned out wonderful and bake for about 10 minutes before serving the perfect weeknight dinner medium large! Feb 2, 2019 - Read the Chinese resturant kind!!!!!!! This chicken tastes good cold too remove it from Scratch + recipe for Chinese Buffet coconut with! Marinating it in unsweetened coconut milk, broccoli, ginger and flavorful.! Chicken … https: //www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Asian-Coconut-Chicken-Noodles Meanwhile, heat grill to high ; oil grates they paleo... Used what i keep trying to find finely shredded unsweetened coconut was worried the coating i together... Making queen healthy chinese coconut chicken is addicting and you will want it everyday heating, season chicken vegetables! And let it sit for about 1 hour but to save time you can marinate it in! Just make sure the chicken in skillet and cover coconut, salt, and super easy make! See our lighter versions of popular takeaway classics like chicken korma, katsu, biryani, Madras jalfrezi. Healthy Recipes Chinese Recipes How to cook chicken Main Meals Love food this recipe is easy to prepare vegetables...
2020 healthy chinese coconut chicken