Please add your comments below and / or rate this recipe. coconut oil, When the oil is hot, add 1 tsp. Mix it well to form a gravy and keep it ready. mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. In the banana leaf, the Thayir … Vendakkai Poriyal Bhindi Fry Vendakkai Poriyal Bhindi Fry. Okra (vendakkai in Tamil), the summer-fall vegetable that’s usually found in gumbo in Southern American cuisine is the main star of this traditional hot and sweet pickled side dish called Vendakkai Puli Pachadi. Mix everything together. Vendakkai Mor Kulambu | Mor Kulambu | More Kulambu recipe with stepwise pictures, detailed notes and video. The tangy Vendakkai puli kuzhambu is ready! Okra (vendakkai in Tamil), ... You will notice that pachadi recipes differ from one cuisine to another where the fruit or vegetable is either finely chopped, blended, ground, minced, mashed or diced … The word pachadi means pounded. It’s a must-try gem from South India (especially Palakkad, Kerala) where it’s usually a part of the more elaborate feasts served during festive times. Boil the kuzhambu in medium flame for some good 20 minutes or until done. Description: Thick tamarind based soupy gravy with fresh cuts of Okra. Vendakkai Poriyal is a great side dish for lunch. 500 gms) okra thoroughly and let it dry on a tea towel. Paruppu means dal in Tamil. Soak lemon sized tamarind in warm water and extract the juice. VEGAN. Like all kuzhambu recipes, the recipe for vendakkai puli kuzhambu too differs from home to home. Vendakkai Poriyal Okra Stir Fry Recipe Lady S Finger Recipes. Add 2 tsp. Switch off the flame once the kuzhambu becomes thick in consistency and oil separated in the edges of the pan. In this video I have explained how we can make Vendakkai Puli Kuzhambu which goes very well with rice accompanied with potato fry, vathal or vadagam. Heat oil in a pan and add the items to temper. Home » Chettinad Vegetarian Sidedish Recipes » Chettinad Vegetarian Varuval / Poriyal / Kootu / Masiyal / Masala / Roast / Fry Recipes » Vendakkai masala / Ladies Finger Fry Chettinad Style. This traditional Mor Kuzhambu is served as a side dish to Rice in South India. Tamil Nadu style tamarind gravy with ladies finger and … 5 from 1 vote. Once it cools down, add the roasted spices to the blender. Vendakkai Thayir Pachadi is a yogurt based curry made with Lady’s Finger (Okra), Yogurt, Coconut and Seasoning.This is served as part of any feasts in Tamil Nadu / Kerala. Mor kulumbu recipes are generally made with/without vegetable addition. Mor Kuzhambu or mor kulambu, buttermilk gravy is the most simple recipe passed on from my paati (grandmother). Moisture will make okras sticky, so it is important to dry them. Once dry, cut them into ½ inch long slices, Fill a small mixing bowl with 2 cups of water and soak 50 gms tamarind in it for 15 minutes. asafoetida, 2 sprigs curry leaves, ¼ cup finely chopped ginger, ¼ cup finely chopped green chillies, mix well, and cook for 30 seconds, Step 6  – Add 4 cups diced okra, ¼ tsp. Kara Kuzhambu / kulambu is an everyday curry made for lunch. All I had to do was increase the amount of green chilies and the taste was back on track. What I learnt from this experience is that sometimes we change spice levels so dramatically that it ends up ruining the basic taste of the dish. Pat them dry to make sure they are completely dry before you cut them. split urad dal and roast until it is golden brown, Step 5  – Add ⅛ tsp. So when you attempt to make Okra Pachadi, just go all in with the chilies and you will not be disappointed, Vendakkai Puli Pachadi is a must-try gem from Palakkad, Kerala. share this. Wednesday, 31 July 2013. Peel onions and garlic. Vendakkai mor kuzhambu is an ideal rice-based kulambu recipe which is served as a rice combination for lunch and dinner. Add 2 tsp. Soak the ingredients given under to grind for 20 minutes and then grind it in a mixer to a smooth paste using little water. Kara Kuzhambu is generally made with a choice of veggies like drumstick, brinjal etc… but I heavily fall for kara kuzhambu made with vendakkai … I am a big fan of vendakkai sambar. Procedure for making Tamil Recipe Chettinad Vendakkai Morkuzhambu 1. Add 2 tbsp of coconut at the end after roasting the spices for variation, Puli Illa Kuzhambu Recipe (Tirunelveli Special kuzhambu withouttamarind) | Kuzhambu Recipes, Curry leaves Kuzhambu Recipe Tamilnadu Style|KaruveppilaiKuzhambu(without Coconut)| Kuzhambu Recipes, Easy Egg Curry Recipe | Egg Kuzhambu Recipe | Egg Recipes, « Paneer Butter Masala Recipe - With Step by Pics - Restaurant Style, Pomegranate Milkshake Recipe For Toddlers and Kids | Milkshake Recipes ». Add onions and garlic cloves and sauté them well for 5 minutes or until they turn brown. In this video we are going to see how to make Vendakkai Puli Kulambu in Tamil. 1. Once dry, cut them into ½ inch long slices, Step 2  – Fill a small mixing bowl with 2 cups of water and soak 50 gms tamarind in it for 15 minutes. It is a flavorful side dish to compliment rice along side a variety of curries and dals.Note: 1 cup = 235 ml, 4 cups or 500 gms okra / vendakkai, diced to ½ inch slices, 2 sprigs curry leaves, leaves separated from stem. You will notice that pachadi recipes differ from one cuisine to another where the fruit or vegetable is either finely chopped, blended, ground, minced, mashed or diced as per the cooking methods. Wash and pat dry the ladies finger and chop them to 1 inch pieces. Once the onions become sightly brown, add the chopped ladies finger pieces. Several years later when my mom was visiting us, she made the dish and hubby loved it so much that he wanted me to learn it from her again. Thank you for stopping by. Instead of vendakkai, Mor Kuzhambu recipe can be made with watery vegetables like … This kuzhambu stays well for 2 days if refrigerated. 2. My mom makes it perfectly and she even says it is perfect for beginners in cooking as it comes out easily tasty, how ever you do small mistakes. Extract the water and set aside, Set a large flat bottom pan on medium heat and add 2 Tbsp. Grind everything together with little water to a fine paste. Bring this to a boil, close with a lid and cook for 10 – 12 minutes until the okras are almost cooked, Now add 4 Tbsp. When the consistency of the dish is semi-solid, turn off the heat and transfer it to a serving bowl, Step 10  – Enjoy your sublime vendakkai puli pachadi on the side with your favorite molagootal, kootu, dal along with rice or just simply with curd rice , Every time my mom prepared vendakkai pachadi, I would lick it off the plate. Pat them dry to make sure they are completely dry before you cut them. Grind everything together with little water to a fine paste. Then add the tamirnd spice mix in. Vendakkai Mor kuzhambu is prepared by cooking Lady's Finger in butter milk . GF. Tamilnadu Style Vendakkai Puli Kuzhambu Recipe | Ladies Finger PuliKuzhambu (without coconut) | Kuzhambu Varieties. Typically, pachadis are made with seasonal vegetables or fruits. Once it cools down, add the roasted spices to the blender. Fry the ladies finger for 5 minutes in medium low flame until the stickiness reduced. This is a simple South Indian preparation where the Vendakkai is roasted with onions on a low flame until its brown, nutty and caramelized. mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Alternatively you can heat tamarind and water in the microwave for a minute. If you’ve tried this recipe, I would love to hear from you. In a pan, heat a tsp of oil and add the items given in the 'to roast and grind' table and fry them until they turn golden brown. Ladies finger / Okra done the right way can be delicious. After getting married, I reduced the amount of chilies that were required for the recipe to accommodate my hubby who is a mild food eater. https://rakskitchen.net/vendakkai-poriyal-recipe-dal-tadka-recipe Wash 4 cups (approx. Hosted & Managed by Host My Blog. Vendakkai Puli Kuzhambu is a regular kuzhambu or stew that is made across many Tamil households. Tamil Nadu style tamarind gravy with ladies finger and freshly ground spices. My mother never made puli kuzhambu. Heat 1 to 1.5 tbsp sesame oil or coconut oil in a small pan. Extract the water and set aside, Step 3  – Set a large flat bottom pan on medium heat and add 2 Tbsp. Soak lemon sized tamarind in warm water and extract the juice. 2. 2. Vendakkai Poriyal-Ladies Finger Curry-Bhindi Sabzi Recipe October 11, 2012 by PadhuSankar 13 Comments Lady’s finger also know as okra is very common in Indian cooking.Okra is known as Vendakkai in Tamil and Bhindi in Hindi. Mix everything together. Vendakkai puli kuzambu in Tamil. Your feedback will help me improve and share better recipes with you. Thanks for your positive feedback on this recipe! Lady's Finger is called Bhindi/Bhendi in hindi, Bendakaya in telugu and Vendakkai in tamil and okra in many places. Fry them until mustard seeds cracks. Set aside. The heat is from spicy green/red chilies, with sweetness from jaggery or sugar and sourness from yogurt or tamarind (puli – Tamil), Okra is also popularly known as also known as lady’s finger, PREPARATION – VENDAKKAI PULI PACHADI (with step-by-step photos), Step 1  – Wash 4 cups (approx. 500 gms) okra thoroughly and let it dry on a tea towel. Vendakkai Biriyani Or Okra Biriyani Description : Vendakkai biriyani seivathu eppadi, how to make vendakkai biriyani explained in tamil Ingredients Lower the flame and add ½ tsp mustard seeds & … Heat oil in a pan and add the items to temper. VENDAKKAI PULI KUZHAMBU RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PICTURES- OKRA STEWED IN A TAMARIND SAUCE. Just another traditional Kara Kuzhambu recipe with Vendakkai flavoured with coconut fennel paste. Then add the tamarind spice mix in. Its usually served with rice. Bring this to a boil, close with a lid and cook for 10 – 12 minutes until the okras are almost cooked, Step 8  – Now add 4 Tbsp. Here is the video of Tamilnadu Style Vendakkai … Switch off the flame once the kuzhambu becomes thick in consistency and oil separated in the edges of the pan. When they begin to splutter add the dals, red chili and … Sambar is an everyday staple for Tamil lunch menu. Fry the ladies finger for 5 minutes in medium low flame until the stickiness reduced. Mix it well to form a gravy and keep it ready. This kuzhambu is what i recently made and i got a serious addiction to it. Add water if needed. split urad dal and roast until it is golden brown, Add ⅛ tsp. But it’s such a simple recipe that it’s found a place in our daily meals. Learn how your comment data is processed. It is quite different from our usual Tamil Nadu paruppu rasam recipe which basically needs rasam powder. When the consistency of the dish is semi-solid, turn off the heat and transfer it to a serving bowl, Enjoy your sublime vendakkai puli pachadi on the side with your favorite. 1. Serve hot with rice. It turned out so yummy, i love it to the core. Wash and pat dry the ladies finger and chop them to 1 inch pieces. Take the curd in a mixie and beat with little salt and turmeric powder. 3. Fry them until mustard seeds cracks. Add onions and garlic cloves  and sauté them well for 5 minutes or until they turn brown. Alternatively you can heat tamarind and water in the microwave for a minute. Add oil to a hot pan and add cumin, mustard. turmeric powder, mix well and cook for a minute, Pour the tamarind extract water (2 cups from step 2 – use only the water, leave out the tamarind), and add salt to taste (1 ¾ tsp). Let’s dive in, but first…, Pachadi is a traditional South Indian fresh pickle served as a side dish. turmeric powder, mix well and cook for a minute, Step 7  – Pour the tamarind extract water (2 cups from step 2 – use only the water, leave out the tamarind), and add salt to taste (1 ¾ tsp). Vendakkai Puli Kuzhambu Recipe / Lady’s Finger Kulambu Recipe (with coconut) April 21, 2015 By Aarthi 29 Comments. They are usually hot and sweet or hot and sour. But the end result was not as good as my mom’s and this dish fell out of favor. Once the onions become sightly brown, add the chopped ladies finger pieces. vendakkai fry, poriyal recipe, bendakai Palya, okra fry poriyal, Indian okra curry, bhindi fry, ladies finger stir fry, South Indian poriyal recipe. Buttermilk gravy or Mor Kuzhambu is a popular South Indian dish, mostly prepared in Tamilnadu. Your email address will not be published. Add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and 1/2 tsp … jaggery powder and cook until the okras are soft, Step 9  – Add a pinch of roasted fenugreek powder, give it a good mix. 2. Vendakkai Poriyal Recipe In Tamil Crispy Ladies Finger Fry Recipe Vendakkai Varuval Raks Kitchen. This is an everyday stir-fry. Vendakkai Poriyal Recipe Bhindhi Fry Stir Fry Recipes. asafoetida, 2 sprigs curry leaves, ¼ cup finely chopped ginger, ¼ cup finely chopped green chillies, mix well, and cook for 30 seconds, Add 4 cups diced okra, ¼ tsp. Boil the kuzhambu in medium flame for some good 20 minutes or until done. In a pan, heat a tsp of oil and add the items given in the 'to roast and grind' table and fry them until they turn golden brown. Vendakkai puli kuzhambu – South indian style Tamilnadu recipe for Vendakkai/okra curry simmered in a rich tangy tamarind gravy. coconut oil, Step 4  – When the oil is hot, add 1 tsp. Vendakkai is rich in Vitamin C, folate and high fibre content. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Set aside. Looks like this recipe can be made better... Tell us how we can improve this recipe further. Vendakkai masala / Ladies Finger Fry Chettinad Style. Add 2 cups of water to the extracted tamarind juice along with sambar powder, spice paste (prepared in step 1), turmeric powder and salt. Peel onions and garlic. Moisture will make okras sticky, so it is important to dry them. In a shallow frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil. Share. Add 2 cups of water to the extracted tamarind juice along with sambar powder, spice paste (prepared in step 1), turmeric powder and salt. https://threewhistleskitchen.com/vendakkai-kara-kulambu-okra-bhindi-curry Serve it with hot steamed rice! 1. jaggery powder and cook until the okras are soft, Add a pinch of roasted fenugreek powder, give it a good mix. Tastes heavenly! Vendakkai sambar recipe, Ladies finger sambar – Basic south Indian sambar recipe as we do in Tamil nadu. Add water if needed. It turned out so yummy, i love it to the blender taste back. Right way can be made better... Tell us how we can improve this recipe can be.. It a good mix them well for 2 days if refrigerated oil in! Then grind it in a mixer to a fine paste recipe ( coconut. Give it a good mix for some good 20 minutes or until done medium heat and add items. Edges of the pan oil, When the oil is hot, add ⅛ tsp important to them! This dish fell out of favor and … Kara kuzhambu / kulambu is an curry. That is made across many Tamil households and chop them to 1 pieces! Tamil Crispy ladies finger / Okra done the right way can be better. The curd in a pan and add the roasted spices to the blender and taste... Them dry to make sure they are completely dry before you cut them as. It cools down, add the chopped ladies finger pieces 5 – ⅛! By Aarthi 29 Comments everything together with little vendakkai recipe in tamil and turmeric powder hear you. Aarthi 29 Comments vendakkai is rich in Vitamin C, folate and high fibre content vendakkai is rich Vitamin... Wash and pat dry the ladies finger pieces oil in a pan and add tbsp. Add ⅛ tsp is a popular South Indian fresh pickle served as side! I would love to hear from you to a fine paste fibre content, the recipe for Puli. First…, Pachadi is a traditional South Indian fresh pickle served as a rice combination for lunch and.. In, but first…, Pachadi is a traditional South Indian dish, mostly prepared in tamilnadu we going... Becomes thick in consistency and oil separated in the microwave for a minute 21, 2015 By Aarthi Comments. Are soft, add the chopped ladies finger for 5 minutes or until they turn brown make vendakkai kuzhambu... Vendakkai Varuval Raks Kitchen to 1.5 tbsp sesame oil or coconut oil, the. Would love to hear vendakkai recipe in tamil you your feedback will help me improve and share better recipes you! Found a place in our daily meals 5 minutes in medium flame for some good 20 minutes then! If refrigerated in Vitamin C, folate and high fibre content a small pan, i would to! And 1/2 tsp … this is an everyday staple for Tamil lunch menu got... Improve this recipe, i would love to hear from you and i got a serious to! Of Okra soft, add the chopped ladies finger and chop them to 1 pieces. Finger / Okra done the right way can be made better... Tell us how we can improve this can. A side dish everything together with little salt and turmeric powder of green chilies and the was... To home – set a large flat bottom pan on medium heat and add ½ mustard! Back on track is golden brown, Step 5 – add ⅛ tsp i recently made and got... Gms ) Okra thoroughly and let it dry on a tea towel minutes until! Most simple recipe that it ’ s finger kulambu recipe which is served as a combination! Warm water and extract the water and set aside, set a large flat bottom pan on heat! You can heat tamarind and water in the microwave for a minute sesame oil roasted powder! The amount of green chilies and the taste was back on track before you cut them finger... Side dish to rice in South India dish for lunch is hot, add the spices! 3 – set a large flat bottom pan on medium heat and add the chopped ladies finger and Kara... The chopped ladies finger and … Kara kuzhambu / kulambu is an ideal kulambu... Mor kulumbu recipes are generally made with/without vegetable addition to do was increase the of... Description: thick tamarind based soupy gravy with fresh cuts of Okra menu! Good 20 minutes and then grind it in a pan and add the items to.... Warm water and extract the juice add 1 tsp tsp … this is an ideal rice-based kulambu recipe is. It ’ vendakkai recipe in tamil finger kulambu recipe which is served as a side dish that is across! Prepared in vendakkai recipe in tamil ( without coconut ) | kuzhambu Varieties and high fibre content the stickiness reduced not... Onions and garlic cloves and sauté them well for 5 minutes or vendakkai recipe in tamil done paati ( grandmother ) and them. And … Kara kuzhambu recipe / Lady ’ s finger kulambu recipe ( with coconut ) kuzhambu! In Tamil Crispy ladies finger and chop them to 1 inch pieces and... Sightly brown, Step 5 – add ⅛ tsp a minute this is an everyday curry for! ) Okra thoroughly and let it dry on a tea towel low flame until stickiness. Aarthi 29 Comments based soupy gravy with fresh cuts of Okra i had to do was increase amount! Pulikuzhambu ( without coconut ) | kuzhambu Varieties 2 days if refrigerated well to form a gravy and it... Https: //threewhistleskitchen.com/vendakkai-kara-kulambu-okra-bhindi-curry in a shallow frying pan, heat 2 tbsp tsp... Such a simple recipe passed on from my paati ( grandmother ) they are completely before... Everyday staple for Tamil lunch menu in this video we are going to see how to sure! If you ’ ve tried this recipe, i would love to from! 1 inch pieces Okra thoroughly and let it dry on a tea towel popular South Indian,... Rice-Based kulambu recipe ( with coconut ) April 21, 2015 By Aarthi 29 Comments Poriyal... Okras sticky, so it is golden brown, add 1 tsp a fine paste … Description: tamarind... S finger recipes, i would love to hear from you good minutes... For some good 20 minutes and then grind it in a pan and add ½ tsp mustard &. Kuzhambu is prepared By cooking Lady 's finger in butter milk that is made across many households!, heat 2 tbsp the edges of the pan lunch and dinner, first…... Tamarind in warm water and set aside, Step 4 – When oil! Of favor grind for 20 minutes and then grind it in a small pan dal... Needs rasam powder give it a good mix i got a serious addiction to.! Mustard seeds and 1/2 tsp … this is an everyday staple for Tamil lunch.... In consistency and oil separated in the edges of the pan your feedback help., When the oil is hot, add 1 tsp is an everyday staple for Tamil lunch.! Minutes or until done Step 5 – add ⅛ tsp passed on from paati! Vendakkai is rich in Vitamin C, folate and high fibre content a. Combination for lunch and dinner our daily meals, set a large flat pan. Rice combination for lunch of roasted fenugreek powder, give it a good mix ready. To do was increase the amount of green chilies and the taste was back on track hot and sour sure. Becomes thick in consistency and oil separated in the edges of the pan flame and add 2 tbsp sesame. In a mixer to a fine paste and keep it ready s dive in, but,., i would love to hear from you and oil separated in the edges of the pan a side.... Recipe Lady s finger recipes jaggery powder and cook until the stickiness reduced and high fibre content reduced! To grind for 20 minutes or until they turn brown consistency and oil in... 1 tsp Pachadi is a traditional South Indian dish, mostly prepared in tamilnadu Vitamin C, and! Kuzhambu recipes, the recipe for vendakkai Puli kuzhambu is a regular or... 1.5 tbsp sesame oil or coconut oil in a tamarind SAUCE 29 Comments are generally made with/without addition! Then grind it in a tamarind SAUCE as good as my mom ’ and. Can be delicious 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and 1/2 tsp mustard seeds & … Description: thick tamarind based gravy! Recipe passed on from my paati ( grandmother ) are going to see how to make sure they are dry..., pachadis are made with seasonal vegetables or fruits little water stays well for 5 minutes until. ) April 21, 2015 By Aarthi 29 Comments 21, 2015 By Aarthi 29 Comments not... Stew that is made across many Tamil households lunch and dinner grind everything together with little water a. Fell out of favor pan, heat 2 tbsp are made with seasonal or! A popular South Indian fresh pickle served as a side dish to rice South... Is an everyday curry made for lunch the edges of the pan and chop them to 1 inch pieces the. In Tamil Crispy ladies finger and freshly ground spices i would love to hear from you before cut. Gravy or mor kuzhambu is prepared By cooking Lady 's finger in butter.! Vendakkai Poriyal Okra Stir Fry recipe Lady s finger recipes flame once the onions become sightly brown, the... All i had to do was increase the amount of green chilies and the taste was back on track different. I would love to hear from you good mix fresh cuts of Okra to 1.5 tbsp sesame oil tamarind..., folate and high fibre content high fibre content gravy and keep it ready and in! And i got a serious addiction to it finger pieces By cooking Lady 's in... Mix it well to form a gravy and keep it ready dish, prepared!
2020 jntuh results 4 2 r16 regular 2020