My friend's Stihl FS 46 engine will not start. Starting shown with the FS 50. 1 of 2 Go to page. 10 possible causes and potential solutions . FS 75 FS 80 FS … Petrol Grass Trimmer - FS 45 - AutoCut C6-2. He uses it a dozen times a year says it wont start so I take it. Almost like it's running out of fuel. You're a genius in my book. In fact, it won't even pop, either on choke or otherwise. One of the great things about a 2 stroke weed eater, is how easy it is to get fresh gas to the carburetor. Stihl TS 350 AVE, TS 360 Service Repair Manual. Thanks for watching. It will not start now. I did remove the inlet screen but I did not remove the mixture needles. Starting shown with the FS 55 C-E. Jan 30, 2013. Go. (4) Checked fuel … Stihl FS 45 or FS 45C Easy2Start. I ran into a dandy this time. The only thing I had trouble with while cleaning/rebuilding the carb was the high speed needle has a plastic stop on it that ranges from closed to about 3/4 open. I've read some posts on here that were very helpful (Thanks, btw) but still can't get it to go. Well it hasn't run since last fall and I am stumped. Almost like it's running out of fuel. I've tried adjusting the low needle several times, both ways...it doesn't seem to make any difference at all. I have a Stihl FS 45 CE. At first I didn't have any fuel in the primer bulb. Wont Stop RUNNING.. J. En español Live Chat online. It worked! I have to pump it a couple of times to get it back. Answer this question I have this problem too Subscribed to new answers To start up your Stihl trimmer, you must first make sure the on/off switch is set to on -- many people forget this simple detail. Shut it off and restart it a half dozen times all is well. One of the best features of the Stihl FS45 is its Easy2Start system. M. malachi water LawnSite Member. ... Start date Jun 1, 2017; 1; 2; Next. I have a Stihl FS 45 string trimmer that worked fine up until last week. Every1 that owns a fs 45 stop wasting money on ur carbs..NOT THE ISSUE.!! I dinged it up a little while screwing the needle out. FS 48 FS 50 FS 52 FS 55 FS 56 FS 62. Pull off the spark plug boot (10). Jun 22, 2019. FS 48 FS 50 FS 52 FS 55 FS 56 FS 62. Archive View Return to standard ... Engine was very difficult to start and the start pull cord broke after that. I'm not sure how long it will take me to get a carb kit. You are correct, it is an out of storage issue. J. Please register and join our community. Take off the cover plate to the exhaust !! When I pulled the carb, the diaphragm didn't seem stiff at all. (I did check that too :)) Can someone please help? I would say fails to accelerate, bogs and dies. Generally, that plastic limiter assembly can be disposed of. !!! But after u mod. What can I do? No Video Available. Here are the most common reasons your Stihl string trimmer won't start - and the parts & instructions to fix the problem yourself. It wasn't too bad. Stihl FS 500, FS 550 Service Repair Manual Jun 1, 2017 #1 I'm stumped. My Sthil FS 45 trimmer will not start,,,,,it gets spark and fuel and has compression.....has anyone had the same problem or know what the fix is.....early this spring it started up and ran for about an hour,,,then stopped, and hasn't started since, even with new spark plug and new fuel. 11 years ago. (2) Checked for a spark. Compact, powerful and lightweight grass trimmer, easy to handle for domestic trimming and lawn edging. It's there. The term "trimmer" is used to designate an FS unit that is equipped with a nylon line head or a head with flexible plastic blades (i.e., the PolyCut head.) When starting your STIHL trimmer make sure that you have fresh fuel mix of 89 octane or higher and never pull the starter more than 3 times in the choke position. (3) Plug is new, but I tried another anyway. Stihl Incorporated USA is a well-know manufacturer of outdoor power equipment such as chainsaws, leaf blowers, industrial demolition saws, edgers and hedge trimmers. View solutions. I have changed the spark plug fuel filter and the fuel and still I cannot get it to work it won't start what do I do? Sorry it took so long to reply...I've been busy weed eating! But after u mod. I taught my fuel was contaminated or something so I tried using it on my first Ryobi and it started with 3 pulls. I was kind of surprised that the HI speed mix screw was only about a third of a turn out. The trimmer isn’t equipped with an ultra-powerful engine. There will be a lil dome style wire screen covering the inside exit hole of the exhaust.. Comparable with starting the FS 87, FS 100 and FS 130 brushcutters. IMMA TELL ALL RIGHT NOW.. !! !!! The name will have a letter E following the C (e.g. Last edited: Jan 30, 2013. indiansprings. Jan 12, 2015 #11 Aussierod, String trimmer won't start. Stihl FS-55 Won't start..... Thread starter Nonprophet; Start date Jan 30, 2013; Nonprophet. The Stihl Fs45 Trimmer is one of their most popular grass and weed trimmers. We make fixing things easier! Joined Jan 9, 2015 Threads 1 Messages 6. The Stihl 400 concrete saw relies on a two-stroke gasoline engine to rotate a diamond or composite resin cutting wheel. Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.2. One of the great things about a 2 stroke weed eater, is how easy it is to get fresh gas to the carburetor. (1) Tried a new carb. This charge travels to the spark plug where it ignites the fuel. I've checked all the obvious things. We make fixing things easier! I didn't get too involved with it at this point since the fuel in the cylinder didn't work, I didn't think it was a fuel issue any more. !!! Go. It is also the lightest weight model in the Stihl HomeScraper Series and has a curved shaft that helps with trimming around shrubs and fences. Put fresh gas in it and it fires on the 3rd pull (2 choke 1 off) I run it for a bit. Move stop switch to O. Hey J. I finally got back to this. Has a a new starter and battery. Backfires through the carb if the choke is open. I'm pretty sure it closed when I tightened it back down but I didn't want to over-tighten it. 1-800-269-2609 24/7. If you've tried a few times and it still won't start, and you smell gasoline, you've probably flooded it. Cleaned the fuel system, rebuilt carb. Joined Jun 21, 2019 Messages 15 Age 25 Location USA/WV. Sthil FS45 Trimmer won't start. 1; 2; First Prev 2 of 2 Go to page. Starting shown with the FS 90. I would say fails to accelerate, bogs and dies. Thread starter zamboknee; Start date Aug 21, 2014; Prev. The ignition systems on Stihl weed eaters operate with breakerless magneto ignition system. En español Live Chat online. Now, the fuel problem seems to be solved. Starting shown with the FS 50. After i install a new plug, and clean the spark arrestor, and say it doesn't help, should I just buy a new carb? one simple, slow pull is all it takes to start the engine. ... of all, select your machine model from the options below: Starting shown with the FS 55 R. Comparable to starting the FS 38 and FS 45 brushcutters. I have changed the spark plug fuel filter and the fuel and still I cannot get it to work it won't start what do I do? Do you think that seems kind of lean? These ignition systems house an electric coil, which builds, stores and fires off the high voltage charge. Any ideas? Take off the cover plate to the exhaust !! Every1 that owns a fs 45 stop wasting money on ur carbs..NOT THE ISSUE.!! With simplified starting system, for mowing smaller grass areas. ... FS 100 FS 110 FS 130 FS 200 FS 40 FS 46. So that tells me it is getting a spark, and probably the carb is gummed up. Today, I replaced the fuel filter, air filter, and spark plug, and when I pressed the prime bulb this time, it took about 45 seconds for it to come back up, but, it did have fuel in it. It won't start. I tore the carb apart and cleaned it with some carb cleaner. I'll get back with you when I know more. Still no pop. Thank you so much for all of your help!! 04/25/2019 by I've had this Stihl trimmer for about 3 years and never had a problem until now. Wait about 10 minutes before you try again to give the gasoline time to evaporate. Thanks! Always read your product instruction manual. U take sum dikes and cut the tip of the screen/filter off then kinda pinch it .. it cant breath after the thing fills n tries to burn the suet off it dies and will not run right after the initial clog ..!! Has a a new starter and battery. It will fire if I use starting fluid, but it won't stay running. ... Now start the engine. It is also the lightest weight model in the Stihl HomeScraper Series and has a curved shaft that helps with trimming around shrubs and fences. FS 48 FS 50 FS 52 FS 55 FS 56 FS 62. Sounds like I have some work to do over the long weekend. Video: What To Do If The Stihl Trimmer Does Not Start If even in this case the trimmer does not start, it is worth evaluating the quality of the contact between the high-voltage wire and the candle. In this section you will find how to start your STIHL trimmer or brushcutter from detailed descriptions with illustrations. I pulled the spark arrestor out and cleaned it up. 11 years ago. lisasaunders528. Accessibility. FS models with an "R" I have a Stihl FS 45 CE. I had some other projects that quit running also, grill, pump on sprayer, etc. TRUST ME .. DO IT.. AND ill take donations of cash in all amounts..!! @jay_daddy_com. changed fuel, replaced plug. I tried that a couple of times. Hi Mike, thanks for posting here, and welcome! I guess I know what I'm doing Tuesday. I've read some posts on here that were very helpful (Thanks, btw) but still can't get it to go. Find the most common problems that can cause a Stihl String Trimmer not to work - and the parts & instructions to fix them. If I don't keep the rpm up it just dies. Nonprophet ArboristSite Operative. ... FS 100 FS 110 FS 130 FS 200 FS 40 FS 46. At first I didn't have any fuel in the primer bulb. $249.00* Versions Price. Answer this question I have this problem too Subscribed to new answers Comparable to starting the FS 38 and FS 45 brushcutters. If I don't keep the rpm up it just dies. I tore the carb apart and cleaned it with some carb cleaner. !!! landg. Repair guides and support for weed whackers, also known as string trimmers, weed eaters, edge trimmers or line trimmers. Thanks to dual-spring technology, you won’t have to waste time jerking and pulling on the cord. It starts on the first pull and idles fine. :}. Stihl FS 45 (Petrol Whipper Snipper): 2.3 out of 5 stars from 38 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. If you have acquired a Stihl HS45 model hedge trimmer and wish to start it for the first time, it is a fairly straightforward task. I even took a teaspoon full of fuel mix and poured it in the cylinder, still won't fire. So I bought this FS 45 back around May 2010 and used it on 3-4 lawns for 2 seasons, then on 2 lawns since end of last year. Only registered users may post in our forums. I dumped the fuel cleaned the carb with air and carb cleaner. Hi I have a Stihl weedeater Model FS 110 X 4Mix. I have a Cub Cadet with a Kohler 20 hp motor.I changed the flywheel, coil and spark plug and now it won't start. General. The Stihl FS 55 is a straight shaft trimmer and brush cutter designed to let you easily maneuver it around obstacles on your property. U take sum dikes and cut the tip of the screen/filter off then kinda pinch it .. it cant breath after the thing fills n tries to burn the suet off it dies and will not run right after the initial clog ..!! Jason Zuercher, © 2020 iFixit — Licensed under Creative Commons — Privacy — I let you know how it goes. Joined ... Borrowed inline sparkplug tester--spark seems fine, still won't start. FS 45, FS 46 English 3 The terminology utilized in this manual when referring to the power tool reflects the type of cutting attachments that may be mounted on it. E. EricSER ArboristSite Lurker. stihl hs 45 hedge trimmer starts & idles, dies with throttle. Find out here how to start your STIHL brushcutter from detailed descriptions with illustrations. Stihl FS 45 won't start. Have a great weekend! I spoke too soon. When I pull the trigger, it revs up and the blades move, then it bogs out in 10 seconds or less. Stihl FS 45 Brushcutters Service Repair Manual. One other thing is that when it does run out of fuel, (the tank gets empty) it revs up on it's own, then dies. The FS 55 is run by a 1 brake horsepower (.75 kilowatt) engine that operates between 2,800 and 9,500 revolutions per minute. I remove them whenever possible. The "R" FS 56 C-E). Next Last. IMMA TELL ALL RIGHT NOW.. Free repair advice! How to Troubleshoot a Stihl TS400 Concrete Saw. Here are the most common reasons your Stihl string trimmer won't start - and the parts & instructions to fix the problem yourself. I've had this Stihl trimmer for about 3 years and never had a problem until now. Jan 30, 2013. indiansprings Firewood Purveyor. Page 2: Table Of Contents 3, before Mounting the Deflector ....17 using your trimmer. The Stihl Fs45 Trimmer is one of their most popular grass and weed trimmers. I have a Stihl FS55R string trimmer. Now it won't start. Backfires through the carb if the choke is open. It ran great the first day. It will not start now. TRUST ME .. DO IT.. AND ill take donations of cash in all amounts..!! Stihl FS45 trimmer backfires (through exhaust) after I replaced the ignition coil. Any suggestions? Engine. I have a Cub Cadet with a Kohler 20 hp motor.I changed the flywheel, coil and spark plug and now it won't start. Still no pop. So I a trying to sort out my friends Stihl FS 55 for him. See if the procedures in this video help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LliNFRRR... even with a new sparkplug it sounds like its not getting any spark, Jason Zuercher FS models with an "R" ... FS 100 FS 110 FS 130 FS 200 FS 40 FS 46. I was baffled. Thread starter EricSER; Start date Jun 22, 2019; Tags fs45 ignition coil no spark stihl won't run; EricSER. Stihl E 140, E 160, E 180 Service Repair Manual. !! homeowner question I have a Stihl FS-55 trimmer that I did not use for a while and, unfortunately, I left fuel in it. Try to start it again...nothing. Terms — I have to pump it a couple of times to get it back. There will be a lil dome style wire screen covering the inside exit hole of the exhaust.. Thanks so much for your help and have a great weekend! My STIHL trimmer won't start. I have changed the spark plug fuel filter and the fuel and still I cannot get it to work it won't start what do I do? Now it runs great but won't idle. FS 75 FS 80 FS … I checked for spark, it seemed to be fine but I replaced the plug just in case...still nothing. Stihl FS 45 No Start. It has a 1.01 hp, 27.2 cc displacement engine. I can usually restart it and sometimes I get a couple more minutes out of it. I pulled the fuel filter out and it seemed fine. It acts like it's in the off position. My Sthil FS 45 trimmer will not start,,,,,it gets spark and fuel and has compression.....has anyone had the same problem or know what the fix is.....early this spring it started up and ran for about an hour,,,then stopped, and hasn't started since, even with new spark plug and new fuel. It starts fine, idles fine, and runs for about 5 minutes until it eventually just stops when under load. The term "trimmer" is used to designate an FS unit that is equipped with a nylon line head or a head with flexible plastic blades (i.e., the PolyCut head.) landg. Thanks so much for your help with this. 1-800-269-2609 24/7. So, I have spark and I have fuel, now I'm lost. FS 45, FS 46 English 3 The terminology utilized in this manual when referring to the power tool reflects the type of cutting attachments that may be mounted on it. When I attempted to prime the carburetor, I would push the prime bulb down multiple times but it would not fill with fuel. Stihl FS 25-4, FS 65-4 Service Repair Manual. I … Stihl Series 4141 Powerhead Service Repair Manual. it seems like its not getting spark , but i just put a new spark plug in, 07/06/2016 by I have a Stihl FS 45 CE. Stihl HS 75, HS 80, HS 85 & BG 75 Service Repair Manual. I put the teaspoon of fuel into the cylinder with the choke open...not even a pop. I'm starting to think...well, nevermind:) I did what you said, gently closed the mixture screws, sprayed in a little carb cleaner and bang, she fired right up. Stihl FS45 trimmer backfires (through exhaust) after I replaced the ignition coil. Wont Stop RUNNING.. This Stihl trimmer was put up for storage awhile ago and now that its out it won't start. B. Buzgod Forum Newbie. You go out to start your brush cutter, weed whacker, or string trimmer and it won't start. Video: What To Do If The Stihl Trimmer Does Not Start If even in this case the trimmer does not start, it is worth evaluating the quality of the contact between the high-voltage wire and the candle. Sthil FS45 Trimmer won't start. One other thing is that when it does run out of fuel, (the tank gets empty) it revs up on it's own, then dies. Thanks for the quick response. STIHL FS 45 Grass Trimmer. I rebuilt the carb and it runs like a champ now.
2020 stihl fs 45 won't start