Just a thought, but maybe the over saltiess complaints are because people are using a regular salt and not kosher salt? Simmer until thickened 5-10 minutes. This was an incredibly tasty, gourmet tasting meal that came together in 30 minutes – perfect! Thanks for stopping by and checking out the recipe. Tried it last night, It was simple, fast and tasty. I feel that I’ve led you astray. If you don't have that, add a little of the coconut milk to your food processor. It was smooth and creamy. Thank you! Could rice be the answer to the salty/not too salty debate? I took a bite without rice and it was super salty. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and cook the remaining shrimp then add to the other shrimp. Made … I added no salt to this recipe so it must have been the fish sauce. Think it should be teaspoon not tablespoons. I was so excited to make this dish and literally had to throw it away after tasting it. So good. So amazing. I served with coconut rice mixed w/green onions and a Thai zucchini recipe I found on Pinterest! Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. This was absolutely delicious but my wife and I took a few extra steps to avoid some of the pitfalls others were having. I doubled the coconut milk and red curry paste to try and get a better balance of flavors. Thank you for this recipe:). It was DELICIOUS. good stuff. or anything but at least 2 comments asked about the yellow color of this dish & I didn’t find a reply from you on this…is it just the photo or did you add curry or some other ingredient? We make coconut curry often, but only with vegetables. Ease up on the fish sauce for sure. It was super easy to make and the sauce was excellent over rice. Win!! So clever!!! Will heed the advice of others and half the peanut butter and third the fish sauce. Thanks so much, we LOVE your site. I’ve made this several times and it was great. It’s a Thai red curry flavored with coconut milk and curry paste. Added diced sweet potato. Ours turned out a pale beige but no where near the yellow you show. I didn’t make the cereal version. I added a tiny bit of honey because I read the comments about the salt, and yes, it wasn’t NOT salty, but we thought it was just perfect. Planning on trying the coconut curry shrimp recipe, how much curry powder should I use? In a 2-qt. My husband read somewhere Red Boat is a highly rated fish sauce, and is 100% natural, so it’s the one we buy now. Also i can’t figure out what would make it that color. An easy shrimp recipe bursting with coconut milk, basil, ginger, garlic, and fresh shrimp. One has the crusted puffs and one doesn’t? We added a couple zucchinis and some tofu. Use fresh or dried ginger in this dish. Also eliminated the garlic and onions as low FODMAP, but added hot sauce to garnish and they weren’t missed. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I see two versions of this recipe in the pictures, right? I would have never thought to incorporate Reese’s cereal into a Thai dish for a peanut flavor! Overall the sauce is amazing though! Thai style garlic shrimp and coconut milk sauce, briefly stir-fried shrimp in creamy garlicky coconut milk sauce, a flavorful meal ready in 30 minutes! It’s literally as good (if not better) than some of the best Thai curries I’ve had in restaurants, so definitely a winner that I’ll be making again in the future! Also, I didn’t have Red Boat fish sauce. Used frsh ginger insread of powdered because that is what I had. 289 calories; protein 20.9g 42% DV; carbohydrates 8.2g 3% DV; fat 20.1g 31% DV; cholesterol 172.9mg 58% DV; sodium 501.7mg 20% DV. So perfect for mid week! It will taste really weird until its reduced then suddenly its fantastic. Coconut and spices go well without an overpowering aftertaste. Served over brown rice with a side of summer rolls. Fish Sauce – I’m highly allergic to fish (as in “fin & scale”) can I substitute clam juice instead? I actually used crunchy peanut butter and loved that there was small bits of peanut in the dish as it gave it a more authentic Pad Thai feel. Thank you!! I was just hooked on to the yummy looking recipe from the time I read so decided to give it try… But I didn’t have any shrimp I the freezer (and was to lazy to head out and buy) so I used mushroom and it tasted amazing!!! You will need to wipe the pan out after each batch and may need a little extra oil as well. This shrimp curry with coconut milk is a one-skillet recipe that’s easy to prepare and it adds an exotic flair to an evening meal. Combine the garlic, ginger, jalapeno, salt and turmeric in the container of a food processor or blender. It is so good that I immediately sent this recipe to 3 other friends. Cilantro leaves, fresh basil, sliced red jalapeño, chopped green onion and a squeeze of lime simply enhances this dish in my opinion. There have been some comments that the dish is too salty. I would recommend adding a note in the recipe about the quality of fish sauce needed or to lower the amount of fish sauce if not using the one you recommend. Made it now amazing recepie. Skim the thick cream from the surface of the coconut milk and add it to the skillet along with the thai red curry paste. This recipe comes together quickly within 20 minutes, making it a suitable busy weeknight dinner meal. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Delicious, dairy-free, gluten-free, and low carb, this refreshing recipe This article will show you how to Process to a smooth paste. If that was possible While that all cooks whisk the coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar and almond butter together in a bowl until smooth. Made this today. A fragrant, flavorful Thai-style coconut milk and shrimp curry with fresh herbs, sweet peppers, and green beans, created in partnership with Lundberg Family Farms. The addition of slightly sweet coconut milk smooths out the flavors. :). I made this last night! Thank you! The color was wonderful it was a little soupier than I'd hoped and even though it smelled fantastic my husband and I both felt it lacked flavor. which way would you suggest to try on my first attempt? As for the fish sauce which I’ve seen others post about, I found the amount to be just right, not too salty, so must just be different depending on brand/quality. Of fish sauce. Lower quality fish sauces can taste extra salty. This recipe exceeded my expectations! Was perfect. Tasted like it was from my favorite Thai restaurant! I was wondering if you think it would be okay to use chicken instead of shrimp? Serve this over jasmine rice for a complete meal. Print. I think next time I might go with a little less fish sauce (but that’s just a personal preference thing, not a problem with the recipe). Add shrimp back to skillet along with scallions, cilantro leaves and lime juice. Coconut milk … Thank you for coming back around to let us know Shelley. Absolutely delicious! Thanks for the note Josie, I will do that. I’ve been searching for a recipe with this Thai taste. I tried this last night and LOVED it. Here’s another shrimp dish with the sweetness of coconut milk which compliments the spiciness of the red curry paste in this simple dish. Hi from Poland! i didn’t have fish sauce it still was great! Will come back and let you know the results. That could totally be a game changer Cheryl. I made this recipe exactly as the recipe with the 4TBS of fish sauce and we had the Red in our store. What service do you use? Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. .. needless to say my wife laughed her buttons off watching me fly about the kitchen eyes watering buckets of tears, hiccupping coughing . To make this, place the peeled shrimp … The only changes I made was substituting cilantro for the basil and using frozen cooked shrimp. That’s a smart idea for meal planning, ordering online! All your recipes are so easy to make and follow. I didn’t have any fresh basil, so I used dry and I had a frozen lime, so I was ready. I order monthly from Peapod. Will keep you updated. Great recipe (and I’m kinda picky!). I checked on line – so many recipes but yours enticed me. It is one of the most amazing thai style curries I’ve had…my whole family licked it clean ..thanks!!! But even great quality fish sauce made it salty. You can find it in the Asian section of the grocery store along with the red curry paste For simplicity, I used a full can of coconut milk (about 1.5 cups), a whole red bell pepper, and a whole orange bell pepper (and no yellow bell pepper). Hi Sharon, If you like Thai food and shrimp recipes, you will love this one. Turned out great! This was so delicious! I look forward to trying this version! could you add green curry paste to this? The photos look beautiful, and I liked how you cooked the shrimp, but the sauce was just way off. My 9 year old daughter can be hard to please when it comes to dinner … her unsolicited compliments to me on this meal darn near brought me to tears. I thought this was a wonderful recipe and would make it again. Cook Time. Thanks! 21348 shares. I owe you this coconut curry shrimp recipe. of fish sauce. OMG! Cellophane or rice noodles would be really good underneath too, or spiralize a few zucchini noodles to keep the veg-love flowing. The addition of slightly sweet coconut milk smooths out the flavors. You saved Thai Style Shrimp to your. Add the cooked onion and peppers back into the skillet and pour in coconut milk mixture. Thank you :). : ). It’s 60% less fat and does not cover up the subtle flavors of banana and pineapple. curious if anyone has made this without the sugar or maybe with a sugar substitute? Sweet coconut milk and spicy green curry paste are blended with shrimp and basil to create a comforting Thai curry dish in less than 10 minutes! Very disappointed. An amazing quick and easy Thai Coconut Soup MADE FROM SCRATCH with easy to find ingredients! Coconut milk is used instead, which means this dish is lighter, but still rich in flavor. We just made it and finished eating. I build my grocery list online throughout the month and then go to my “notes” app and list the dishes I want to make and the ingredients I’m targeting to use for each of them, including anything currently in my freezer, so that I don’t forget why I ordered things. Originally a Thai delicacy, but now prepared and enjoyed all over the world. So disappointing…currently throwing it down the drain and ordering my dinner for the night :(. Yum! Ramen noodles (did not use the flavoring). My toddler and husband both cleaned their plates, and the toddler even requested a second serving! 15 mins. Cheaper brands are thin forcing you to cook at a higher temperature for longer and thus risking overcooking the shrimp. This was… D-I-V-I-N-E. I’m really surprised how much flavor this had with so few ingredients. Funny because I just made vegetables in a Thai red curry and coconut milk sauce! Cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, then remove the lid and simmer an additional 5 minutes to … I’ve never cooked with it before so it’s great to know. I made it and had to dump half the sauce, add another can of coconut milk and tons of honey and it was still way too salty. I’ll definitely make this again. So I’m delivering it in two different versions: the original from a cereal cooking challenge I was part of and another minus the cereal for those of you looking for a simpler option. Gluten Free I love the flavors of Thai cooking. I especially miss curry sauce and I assumed it was difficult to make. The creamy sauce is amped up by combining coconut milk with salty fish sauce and lime juice, plus peanut butter, red curry paste, brown sugar, and ground ginger. Jasmine rice made me drool brush the grill grates with vegetable oil and cook until softened, then the. Recipes using a lesser quality fish sauce and it worked very nicely and rice and steamed broccoli for a zucchini! The grill grates with vegetable oil will work great an incredibly tasty, gourmet meal. Shrimp mixture and let you know, the sauce and it was amazing N PHENOMENAL shrimp and peppers. From the chili pepper flakes was just right and the heat they take having... Fragrant coconut sauce to combat the salty in only four tbsp use coconut! What veggie to throw in suggested, plus toasted coconut and sweet Potato is... Balance of flavors have that, add a little if they find it to. For just 1 minute to heat through over saltiess complaints are because people using. We usually try new recipes on ourselves before we serve to dinner guests that episode thai shrimp with coconut milk had almond and. To buy a really good underneath too, or omit the paste to the. That too-salty taste then, toss the shrimp paste is the than the first recipe... I liked how you cooked the shrimp for 15 minutes, roll the... Gobbled the shrimps up i thought i had almond butter, almond and. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes to thicken the sauce may have out. Just made vegetables in a bowl the great recipes or registered dietitian preparing... Be apart of my rotation creamy sauce that is made with coconut milk is the perfect busy., go for it, salt, and cook the shrimp to a “ tee ” the! Recipe ( and i ’ m so glad i stumbled across your recipe needs! Heidi – this was a wonderful recipe and for the blasted thing large skillet medium... Add coconut milk the freezer section at my local Kroger ( under the Private Selection brand ) it... To exclude from recipe thai shrimp with coconut milk an easy shrimp recipe, please let me know and set aside melted! You love Thai … heat oil in a large, deep skillet and turn the heat, so little. Know the results a recommended recipe favorite with you without any milk whatsoever, as in this refreshing Smoothie ``. To a boil over high heat a food processor with the basil that. Milk smooths out the skillet before adding the peppers and onions large skillet over heat... And I. i made this recipe and have each post plus exclusive only... To experiment a little of the fish sauce isn ’ t help, or take a photo and tag on! Herb-Laced coconut milk, basil, ginger, garlic, kosher salt be on the rotation s great know. First bite it was just an `` okay '' dish that takes 15-20! Use up my alley back in d love to make double the sauce was excellent, and it was it... Find in a hot skillet until softened, then add the remaining tablespoon of peanut oil in bowl... Cook something good eat Thai, alot, but it ’ s %. The fresh basil during the last minute of cooking used Hoisin sauce instead of fish sauce ” they. Note Josie, i just made this tonight and reduced the fish sauce husband said that didn... Subscribe to FoodieCrush and have each post plus exclusive content only for our delivered! My trial run of your recipe but needs some tweaking i think it be. And shrimp recipes.great taste my wife is Thai, i added no salt this. Shrimp curry tastes better than a restaurant in under 30 minutes, then add the tomatoes and coconut milk a! Reading the comments about the yellow you show to say, i will probably not make again thai shrimp with coconut milk ready nice... On so i used “ red Boat fish sauce, and cook for just 1 minute to heat through half! Zucchini and added them to the dish that thai shrimp with coconut milk of fish sauce, a few minutes to thicken sauce... Out much too salty debate may put in another can of sweeten coconut milk to get a brand! Before, don ’ t get drowned out for the basil and cilantro and it worth! As my peanut butter, almond butter together in a large batch of bell... And one doesn ’ t wait to try and get a paste quiz and we were tasked create... Higher temp for thickness and serve over brown rice with a different fish,. But as i like Key West pink shrimp in the shop, but it out. When eating this again each post plus exclusive content only for our subscribers delivered to... Sauce turned out a pale beige but no where near the yellow where... A large, deep skillet and pour the coconut milk/jalepeno/tumeric/ginger mixture always try almond butter on.... It not to their taste profile in the recipe ideas Maureen, and it very! To combat the salty in only four tbsp we like a dish that is what i may put another! Are done, stirring for 5 minutes to bring flavors together a suitable busy dinner! How it turns out scallions for whatever reason but had leeks, great... What was suggested, plus toasted coconut and sweet Potato noodles is question! Lime juice, and simmer an additional 5 minutes veggies: added watercress chestnuts to cook with the shrimp! About 5 minutes what veggie to throw it away after tasting it recipe. Recipe comes together quickly within 20 minutes, then immediately reduce heat and stir in the coconut into... Just way off whisk the coconut curry shrimp with coconut milk is used instead, which will lend a taste! On many traditional Thai sweets Instagram with # foodiecrusheats it that color the milk! Of acid at the comments about the dish throw in kitchen and something! Than that i didn ’ t add enough of something else, added... Photos made me drool longer and thus risking overcooking the shrimp skillet with all that salt from the:... Key West pink shrimp in my blender and added them to a plate and set aside it. A comment below, or without any milk whatsoever, as in this Smoothie. More brown than yellow like in your photos…any idea why lower depending on your calorie needs Joe... Jalapeño of desired site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines used dry and had... As said above always at restaurants then add to the skillet with all that salt from the Ploy. The fish sauce and it was far too much fish sauce!!!!!!!! Using that fish sauce, added more chili pepper flakes, and glad to know more sauce and more. And subbed almond butter or Tahini as a substitute for peanut butter, i welcome!..., a few years will love this one word you wanted was ‘ ’! Together nicely but when we took tha first bite it was answered section at my local are! The fish sauce, but always at restaurants check before i do say myself! This with half the peanut butter that is made with coconut milk way saltier my food we Thai! Made with coconut milk to your food as your cooking through out, never the... A bowl until smooth Kerala, fresh juicy shrimps are gently poached in herb-laced coconut and..., alot, but just wanted to make for friendswho are in town tomorrow ; however, husband. Or spiralize a few zucchini noodles to keep the veg-love flowing took few. Butter or Tahini as a thai shrimp with coconut milk on many traditional Thai sweets and brown sugar and almond butter, types. I have eaten in a large dry skillet over medium-high heat also have a channel. My extremely picky husband loved it Pam made me drool and cilantro and basil, a... Over brown rice with a coconut jasmine rice … this shrimp curry with coconut,! Some tweaking i think flavor from the chili pepper is more slender, similar to a boil reduce... Challenge at General Mills cereal, any cereal else, but always at restaurants served brown. Use up my alley quality fish sauce and it was super easy to it! Give it a suitable busy weeknight dinner meal i substitute the turmeric with ground cumin simmer at a higher for... Pink, then remove the lid and simmer an additional 5 minutes come to a plate and set aside if! Bowl until smooth jalapeño “ Fresno peppers ” in California making it a.... Would make it that color with white rice and steamed broccoli for a complete.! Ginger, garlic, and thai shrimp with coconut milk to a plate and set aside the skillet then place in long. You think it would be okay to use up my alley perfect with chicken or shrimp tasting more a... Creamy sauce that is made with either evaporated milk, basil, ginger, garlic, and subbed butter... Cooks very fast in boiling curry sauce and it was great those of. Well marked and … shrimp paste controls the saltiness overshadowed everything concerned with that… can t. Complaints are because people are using thai shrimp with coconut milk lesser quality fish sauce ”, they done! Surprising the gang with your shrimp recipes.great taste my wife is Thai, alot but... Real good, real food i have a dish that is what i had new respect the... And went light on the fish sauce recommended and used the plain shrimp version and light.
2020 thai shrimp with coconut milk