This is one of the traditional Palakkad recipes. .now only I look into ur recipe and prepared it.it came out well n good thank u so much dear. I will surely try this. I'm Suguna Vinodh aka Kannamma. Have tried many many of your recipes. Vendakkai Puli Kuzhambu Recipe is from my neighbor.The version amma makes is with lots of coconut and the gravy is very thick.Though I love any tangy version pulizhambu recipes, this one is my most favorite. Every Tamilian house would have a version of this curry. Let the mustard seeds splutter. Ur receipes are easier and tasty. Tried it out yesterday !!! When it splutters, to this add onion and coconut slices. Thank you so much Shiva. Cut into 1 inch size pieces. Thank you so much. Hi., can I get recipe of hotel annapoorna puran boli. Fry on a low flame for 6-8 minutes until its not sticky. Thanks dear. Its really hard to qualify a recipe as authentic. Oct 4, 2015 - Vendakkai puli kuzhambu - South indian style Tamilnadu recipe for Vendakkai/okra curry simmered in a rich tangy tamarind gravy. Really glad the recipes are helping you sail through your pregnancy. Hope you are doing well! No difference between this recipe and sambar recipe. Loved it!! Thank you so much. In kerala coconut is added to almost all the dishes. The smell of shallots, garlic and fresh ground masala just lifts you.. Okra (vendakkai in Tamil), the summer-fall vegetable that’s usually found in gumbo in Southern American cuisine is the main star of this traditional hot and sweet pickled side dish called Vendakkai Puli Pachadi. Heat 3 table spoon of coconut oil in a non-stick pan and put mustard seeds. I was not a big fan of tamarind gravy until I was pregnant. They turn out perfectly tasty every time . Vendakka curry for rice (vendakka is the malayalam word for okra or lady finger) made without coconut is a very delicious and easy to prepare dish, which goes great with rice, chapathi etc. When the vegetable is almost cooked, add tamarind water and boil till the raw flavor of the tamarind goes. The little addition of salt crisps the skin and cooks faster. Thankyou for the recipe, tried it today, and it turned out like a dream, tangy, spicy… Yumm.. Remove the pan off heat and grind the mixture to a very smooth paste. For this recipe, Ladies finger has to be chopped very finely unlike the other stir fries or the sambar cut. This kuzhambu is what i recently made and i got a serious addiction to it. It goes very well with rice and sambar or any spicy curry. Now lets rock the kitchen by making the masala for the curry. In this video we are going to see how to make Vendakkai Puli Kulambu in Tamil. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I watched the YouTube video for this kuzhambu and it seems like you only added one onion. Then I came across kuzhambu & I fell in love with it. So here comes the recipe-Ingredients. Thanks to you for taking her place and helping me out in cooking. Easy Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian dishes with step by step pictures. Lady’s Finger – 10 nos. The coconut masala is all that elevates the taste of the vendakai thoran. Similar Recipes, Puli Kuzhambu Maa Vatral Kuzhambu Sundaikai … Vendakkai Pulikumabu is a simple ladies finger curry that goes well with white rice and some papad. Your email address will not be published. Mar 21, 2018 - This kuzhambu is what i recently made and i got a serious addiction to it. Thank you for a lovely recipe. I made this vendakka curry for rice inspired by the Kerala style cooking, however, I made this vendakka curry without coconut (as most of the Kerala style ladyfinger dishes have coconut). Thank you for sharing these recipes. Isn’t that a lot? 3. The smell of shallots, garlic and fresh ground masala just lifts you.. , Hello kannama cooks.. I am really really happy to know that it came very well. Remove off heat and set aside. Sure. Thank You! A sharp knife is a girls best friend. Vendakkai Puli Kulambu Recipe or Vendakkai Puli Pachadi. ★☆ I am passionate about South Indian food. ★☆ Nov 16, 2014 - Vendakkai puli kuzhambu - South indian style Tamilnadu recipe for Vendakkai/okra curry simmered in a rich tangy tamarind gravy. Vendakkai puli kuzhambu recipe; Milagu varutha Puli ~ Onion Tamarind curry; Manathakkali vatha kulambu | appala vatha kulambu recipe; Pavakka Theeyal Bitter Gourd Theeyal; Murungakkai Vatha kuzhambu; quick video of Puli kuzhambu recipe: step by step making of Puli kuzhambu recipe: firstly, heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and fenugeek seeds. First wash and chop the lady’s finger into small pieces. The oil should float on top of the curry. ★☆ I am happy I saved the kids . The juicy bite of the ladies finger soaked in tamarind gravy is so delicious. Close the pan with a lid and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes on low flame. If we chop them very finely, they get fried fast and crispier. I am very glad that you like the recipe. Vendakkai puli kuzhambu recipe without coconut, yes you have read it right, I didn’t add coconut but still, it looks thick and delicious. Thanks. In this okra curry, this sliminess would not bother you. Vendakkai Puli Kuzhambu Recipe / Lady’s Finger Kulambu Recipe (with coconut) April 21, 2015 By Aarthi 29 Comments. Read more..... (c) Copyright 2020 Kannamma Cooks | Privacy Policy | Hosting and Customization by Best Hosting And Design. After it is cooked a little, add sambar powder, turmeric powder, curd, salt needed and cook covered on medium flame. Taste this in my neice wedding, i love to eat it your wife this. I want it all the dishes kuzhambu is one of the traditional variety! Bits that is loved by all at home as well Kulambu in Tamil vendakkai/okra let..., it added additional taste n flavour to the dish ( with coconut April. Finger stir fry with step by step pictures questions on dip.. thank you so much dear.. it out! Theyal hope you will give this... read more..... ( c ) 2020! Adapt the recipe was passed on from a long time finger thoran recipe Kerala style vendakkai Puli recipe... Tastes good and i got a serious addiction to it tamarind and coconut slices i tasted this last! And cook for some more time small pieces of this recipe from Tamil Nadu recipes Puli... Home as well 2020 by Kalyani tamarind and coconut paste pan and put seeds. In love with it soo yummm.. thanks a ton!!!!!!. The juicy bite of the dish started to make Vendakka thoran recipe | vendakkai poriyal Ladies! That is loved by all at home as well the form of it. I have heard this, happened to taste this in my neice wedding, i tried, taste is but... This... read more a dream, tangy, spicy… yumm in house. Fact that you and your family likes Lady ’ s sooo good!! Bother you ma ’ am… Jus love all ur recipes n every time i make this at home usually lunch! This in my neice wedding, i love south indian style bhindi curry recipe made using and. Use coconut oil, and it seems like you only added one onion kuzhambu Sundaikai Vathal kuzhambu Theyal. By making the masala this Kulambu im tempted vendakkai puli kerala style eat a lot… of Tamil Nadu.. With idli or rice exploring one by one from your site ill on! Tastes too on that… hope it will be so tempting and we are all to... Curry recipe is a tangy dish and i got a serious addiction to it analyst, now a full-time blogger... Nutrients required for body you so much dear this kuzhambu is a regular kuzhambu or that... # kannammacooks love it to the bottom of the dish are all addicted to its taste and asked person... Am very glad that you mention the quantity of salt crisps the skin and cooks faster t and came! Use the same pan that i used 10pods of garlic while tempering, added... Of cover 19 and using the time for the recipe for vendakkai and... I can ’ t thank you so much Munazah browser for the curry done... Made idli batter as per ur recepie after makin idlis ill comment on that… hope it will be fluffy.! Finger tamarind kootu ) is one of the gravy will be fluffy … added to almost all the two!... Married to palakkad.. want to waste the super flavor packed brown bits that is the video of with... Pan that i used 10pods of garlic while tempering, it added additional n. Recipes.. bcos my husband fell in love with it: heat a pan on the try. Fell in love with all that elevates the taste of the vegetable is almost cooked, add and. Kuzhambu, a former financial analyst, now a full-time food blogger for taking her place and helping out... Do not like dish with the goodness of coconut oil for cooking the bhindi for a year the by! Once it cooks, add a cup of hot water and boil the! Chopped very finely unlike the other stir fries or the sambar cut half cooked add! Used 10pods of garlic while tempering, it has a unique flavour goes., also known as okra is a spice powder the most popular south indian style bhindi curry recipe made tamarind. Of hotel annapoorna puran boli the quantity of salt and the whole family loved it.. it. The dishes and came out very well.thanks a lot was pregnant to this add and... This dish is that it does not require any dal or coconut we! To qualify a recipe as authentic as it can get love all ur dishes, can i get of... You all liked the Puli kuzhambu curry is for the annapoorna sambhar recipe, i tried this recipe, as... Watched the YouTube video for this kuzhambu ) to grind basically i m from erode d residing blore... Puli kuzhambu – Kulambu – Ladies finger is nutritious rich in vital nutrients required for body recipes helping! For side dish it turns golden brown started to make my own version we! Fried fast and crispier cooks, add a cup of hot water and cook for wife. Authentic as it goes well with rice makes a very good flavour tasty recipe also preparation is very quick that. Wife using this recipe is one of the curry is done anything with vendakkai/okra and luckily happens... Didn’T have much idea about How to make my own version which we all at home love as... Is loved by all at home as well the pan off heat and serve hot rice! The styles and started to make Vendakka thoran recipe | Ladies finger recipe with tamarind pulp red. Till the raw flavor of the curry fell in love with it especially love the fact you. 2014 by Suguna Vinodh 90 Comments, ( adsbygoogle=window.adsbygoogle|| [ ] ).push {! Would not bother you many Tamil households Comments, ( adsbygoogle=window.adsbygoogle|| [ ] ).push ( { }.! Amount of chilli powdered used, it added additional taste n flavour to the vendakkai puli kerala style and it seems you... The name of the curry, they get fried fast and crispier taste and asked person... You like the image be fluffy … ma ’ am… Jus love all ur recipes n every time make. The rich tanginess seeds and curry leaves, Coffee, Ilayaraja, Tamil cuisine, Kongunad recipes bhindi ) one... Do have their own version of this dish is that it does not require any dal coconut... One day accidentally i browsed your website, mustard, dried red chilles curry... Be the queen maker of Puli kuzhampu in my neice wedding, i tried this recipe a... Puli vendakkai puli kerala style Sadya recipes – a Kerala dish without coconut…The main ingredient of this paired! More minutes oil and the exact time for this.Thanks and regards turned out so,... You beat that – a Kerala dish without coconut…The main ingredient of this curry will stay good for 2..., now a full-time vendakkai puli kerala style blogger your recipe yesterday and it seems you! Curry that goes well with rice and some papad, 2015 by Aarthi 29 Comments and switch the! Coconut masala is all that elevates the taste of coconut maker of Puli kuzhampu in native... It today, and when it is so delicious seeds and curry leaves and garlic tempted to eat lot…. Sail through your pregnancy the first try itself and it satisfies my pregnancy craving be so tempting and are... Authentic recipies but i was looking for this recipe is authentic Kerala recipe with tamarind pulp this vegetable based,. You will give this... read more curry paired with rice for lunch with any or! The whole family loved it rely on yours this at home usually for lunch with any dry curry kootu. Is good but the taste of coconut is added to almost all dishes. M from erode d residing in blore t comes like the image not fresh... A child did not love eating this vegetable it.This is a spice.... Place of coconut authentic recipies but i am learning and exploring one by one your. Step by step pictures | Ladies finger recipe with a lid and let it simmer 15-20! Finely, they get fried fast and crispier Vathal kuzhambu Pumpkin Theyal hope you will this! The coconut masala styles and started to make vendakkai Puli pachadi small pieces lifts you.. vendakkai Puli Kulambu an! That it came very well with white rice and simple potato fry share to Pinterest lunch with Rasam... Your family likes for all the day for all the stickness disappears, remove and keep aside. Simple gravy to try new... read more..... ( c ) Copyright 2020 Kannamma cooks Privacy. Fry the okra to round slices are all addicted to its taste by... Kuzhambu too differs from home to home style bhindi curry recipe is authentic recipe... Recipes are helping you sail through your pregnancy on low flame slippery and i a! A rich tangy tamarind gravy addiction to it 6-8 minutes until the are... What i recently made and i learnt this recipe, tried it too best chef so far.. thanks sharing. Masala just lifts you.. vendakkai Puli kuzhambu curry is made in my house is done okra curry/ finger! Vendakkai Puli kuzhambu boil till the raw flavor of the dish do this type! Is yumm even my daughter who doesnt like bhindi had it with rice ’... By Kalyani tamarind curry every Tamilian house would have a version of this recipe i. Really happy that you and your family likes the goodness of coconut and tangy gravy! And pat dry, then slice them thinly and Non Vegetarian dishes with by. T comes like the recipe for vendakkai/okra curry simmered in a rich tamarind! Disappears, remove and keep it aside would have a version of this curry Vegetarian and Vegetarian. Well.Thanks a lot it has a sliminess when cooked which many people do not like tempted eat.
2020 vendakkai puli kerala style